Thread: Love for New Adventures (a little bit of it anyway)

Love for New Adventures (a little bit of it anyway)

OK, I know that the cartoon has a few issues. And although the figures had some cool designs I feel they just weren't as good as regular MOTU.
    However, what did kick all kinds of a*s in NA was the audio tape that came with the UK figure
    http://www.he-man.org/audio/item.php?id=3012
    If you've never heard it I recommend a listen, there's the odd hokey-part but overall it was really well done and I have always loved it, the music is really dramatic and the voices and effects are pretty good.
    For me contains one of my favourite renditions of Skeletor. He sounds so crazy and evil when he's yelling at his minions or screaming at the Sorceress. You can really imagine he's gone mental after so many years of losing on Eternia, he's just lost it and decided to head into space. Brilliant. Give it a listen and share your thoughts!

Master of New Adventures!
    As with the comics, I had no idea this existed. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Lad View Post
    OK, I know that the cartoon has a few issues. And although the figures had some cool designs I feel they just weren't as good as regular MOTU.
    However, what did kick all kinds of a*s in NA was the audio tape that came with the UK figure
    If you've never heard it I recommend a listen, there's the odd hokey-part but overall it was really well done and I have always loved it, the music is really dramatic and the voices and effects are pretty good.
    For me contains one of my favourite renditions of Skeletor. He sounds so crazy and evil when he's yelling at his minions or screaming at the Sorceress. You can really imagine he's gone mental after so many years of losing on Eternia, he's just lost it and decided to head into space. Brilliant. Give it a listen and share your thoughts!

I absolutely love the figures and really enjoy the cartoon
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Sounds like German Höspiel (Audio Drama) Tape from NA
    it have different story and errors to the comics original Story but is well made.

I wished i can hear the UK version in English
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

That sounds so awesome! I was not interested in NA He-Man one bit when I was a kid. At that point I had moved on to other properties, but still adored my original MOTU collection! I listened to my Power of Point Dread 45 record a lot! The production of that one has not been matched by any of the other MOTU audiobooks (in my opinion). Design Lad, do you happen to have your cassette still? I did a search on YouTube and couldn't find it. Would love to hear it!

And although I didn't grow up watching NA He-Man, I really appreciate the character designs now! I've watched a tad of it online and while I still prefer classic MOTU the actual animation isn't too bad! It just drives me nuts listening to NA Skeletor's voice and seeing his weird face!

That was awesome! Thanks for pointing that out. I think I like it even better than the original Minicomic story! It was pretty epic too - friggin' guitars blastin' and He-Man and Skeletor having more of a fight than in the minicomic. They made some great use of music in this.

I think I may even use some of this in my own personal stories.

Anyway, I loved NA from the start, though I was somehow never able to catch the cartoon. The minicomics carried the story for me and I was hooked from the very moment Skeletor got fried and ripped into his own body with cybernetics to repair the damage. Nothin' grabs you into a story like your favorite villain going all hardcore and becoming even more awesome than he was before.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think you forgot to mention: the play sets for the NA figures were awesome.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

A fan, not a nostalgic
    If you've never heard it I recommend a listen
    How? There's no download link.
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I think you forgot to mention: the play sets for the NA figures were awesome.
    They definitely were. I feel sorry for those who discovered the New Adventures through the cartoon: they might have been misled into believing that the toys were lame as well.
    Last edited by Devil Master; July 25, 2013 at 12:39pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm real passionate about NA's new potential with classics & future media/story releases.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I was in love with NA toys when I first saw them - I think I was about 9 years old - and I had He-man, Skeletor, Slush Head and Optikk. I remember I used to love those toys, at least as much as I loved vintage! I really liked the sci-fi theme and the fact that they were a continuation of the old toy line.
    I also liked the cartoon the few times I could catch it in tv. I know it's unrealistic, but I hope so much they'll eventually remake them all in the Classics line...
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

I do wonder if, sometimes, the younger fans were the ones most open to NA. I was about 9 or 10 when they came out, and I just FLIPPED the first time I saw them in the store. Back before the net, you had no clue anything was coming, of course. So I just couldn't believe it. I got the He-man/Slushhead two-pack first. I eventually got Skeletor, Hydron, Flipshot, the shuttle pod... and then BEGGED for the Starship Eternia. I still think the latter is an amazing playset. Even after NA was done I still used it with my TNG figures. I only got to see the first episode of the cartoon and didn't love it. But I have started watching more just recently on DVD. I got the BCI sets a few years ago.

I really, really hope we do get a chance to own them all in Classics eventually.

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing I liked about the original figures was the artwork, that looked similar to that seen on Bravestarr packages (might have even been the same artistic team; sharp, action-filled character renderings)- the concepts depicted were the things I wanted to see made in toy form!
    Now, the Classics line fixes any misgivings just fine, and I for one think they mesh quite well with all the other figures.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Though it was inferior in my affections, I still liked and enjoyed NA toys and the cartoon as a kid and more so now. The UK comics and audio book were the best renditions of the story and character though. I love the music in the audiobook. Wish I could find it to download as I'm sure I've heard the music used in other places.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I do wonder if, sometimes, the younger fans were the ones most open to NA. I was about 9 or 10 when they came out, and I just FLIPPED the first time I saw them in the store. Back before the net, you had no clue anything was coming, of course. So I just couldn't believe it. I got the He-man/Slushhead two-pack first. I eventually got Skeletor, Hydron, Flipshot, the shuttle pod... and then BEGGED for the Starship Eternia. I still think the latter is an amazing playset. Even after NA was done I still used it with my TNG figures. I only got to see the first episode of the cartoon and didn't love it. But I have started watching more just recently on DVD. I got the BCI sets a few years ago.

I really, really hope we do get a chance to own them all in Classics eventually.
    Cool! Same here!

Although, I was hooked on the cartoon too!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Widget
    Hey guys I'm new around here. When I was 4 or 5 the NA toys came out. I was too young to have enjoyed the original line but those toys were still around cause of my older brothers. If I remember correctly the first one I got was Disk of Doom Skeletor, then Head Butt, Quake, Flipshot, Flogg, He-man, Skeletor the first one...I had about 12 of them. These toys were awesome.

Welcome to the NA forum, samhain.

I'm not sure if you enjoyed -- or hated -- the NA animated television series. Either way, in case you want to learn more about how I created it, why I did certain things the way I did and what my vision was for if we'd done Season 2, you might enjoy this podcast interview I did for Masterscast:

http://masterscast.com/?p=46

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    Hey guys I'm new around here. When I was 4 or 5 the NA toys came out. I was too young to have enjoyed the original line but those toys were still around cause of my older brothers. If I remember correctly the first one I got was Disk of Doom Skeletor, then Head Butt, Quake, Flipshot, Flogg, He-man, Skeletor the first one...I had about 12 of them. These toys were awesome.

Widget
    I had an episode on VHS but i don't remember if it came with a figure or a store promotion. Anyway I played that tape constantly. For some reason we didn't get the cartoon on TV and I was pretty bummed about it. Sometimes it would come on and I'd catch it but then the next week nothing. I was really young so I could have just overslept on Saturday mornings. When i did watch it I liked it. In hindsight it felt right with the time, moving away from a fantasy theme to sci fi. No complaints here. Thanks for the welcome and I'll check out the podcast.

Are you aware that the entire 65 episodes of NA is now available on DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    I had an episode on VHS but i don't remember if it came with a figure or a store promotion. Anyway I played that tape constantly. For some reason we didn't get the cartoon on TV and I was pretty bummed about it. Sometimes it would come on and I'd catch it but then the next week nothing. I was really young so I could have just overslept on Saturday mornings. When i did watch it I liked it. In hindsight it felt right with the time, moving away from a fantasy theme to sci fi. No complaints here. Thanks for the welcome and I'll check out the podcast.

I got them from Netflix not too long ago the series wasn't too bad I enjoyed it(I still prefer the filmation series though)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A new updated story plot is needed for NA. I like were things are going.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Agent of the Evil Horde
    I too had that tape referred to in the opening post. That cassette was simply amazing. I damaged it by listening too it too often, and recording too heavily on the blank second side, but most of it still works. The action sequence was terrific.
    Supporter of the New Adventures of He-Man
    Motu fan and collector since 1984