Thread: Eternia from childhood found - have any stories of lost MOTU discovered again?

Eternia from childhood found - have any stories of lost MOTU discovered again?

Hello All

I just moved to what I hope will be my final purchased house for some time, and am gathering older boxes from my storage and parents house, etc to ensure I have all my older stuff from the years centralized to our new home. I have a respectable MOTU classic and 2k1 collection, but due to previous moves with wife and kids have not been able to gather my vintage original MOTU until now.

Just pulled these out of some old bags from my folks basement - They need some cleanup still, but set them up on my loft stairs above my garage (looking for proper castle and snake towers now):

A search for parts, figures and vehicles from childhood begins!
    As I find more items, will post if anyone is interested in this search for vintage MOTU:

Last edited by ToxicShlock; August 3, 2017 at 11:47pm.

About 6 years ago I traded my childhood Rotar for a bag full of other figures, thinking I wouldn't miss him. I wouldn't say the regret was instant, but it definitely built up over time.

About a year and a half ago I was able to get a hold of another Rotar, which I wad able to trade to get my childhood Rotar back.
    Murp.

I'm making a he man costume for myself roughly based on the sideshow statue. To make it a bit more special I decided to use Grayskull as a former for the mold on the shoulder armour, my grayskull from childhood.
    I dug into my grandmothers loft to find it, I happened upon my Dragon Walker, Stridor, Battle Bones and a whole host of boxed Star Wars stuff.
    And then I laid eyes on it for the first time in 25 years still in its box with the greatest toy art ever. The box is currently on display on a dresser. image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar Galactica View Post
    The box is currently on display on a dresser. image.jpeg
    Amazing! I would have to completely agree with you, that Grayskull box art set the standard and bar high with all MOTU. It is the best of the best of the box art, and my favorite of any toy box art. Grayskull was my 5th year BDay present as a kid, and to this day for me it holds the most memorable nostalgia moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spy Core View Post
    I wouldn't say the regret was instant, but it definitely built up over time. -

About a year and a half ago I was able to get a hold of another Rotar, which I wad able to trade to get my childhood Rotar back.
    I think that it is very cool that you were able to not only get another one, but traded it specifically for the one that meant the most to you - good stuff right there!

- - - Updated - - -

Digging around for more original MOTU loot - will post pics if I hit paydirt