Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who owns an Eternia playset?

Who owns an Eternia playset?

Complete or incomplete i am interested to know how many are still out there. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada and i had never seen one until i put one together. Seeing as how rare they seem to be i think its interesting to find out where they are too. How you acquired it is also something that interests me too.
    I found mine on Kijiji.....four blocks from where i live.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Heroic Podcaster
    I recently bought a MISB Eternia from a guy in Philadelphia that had it since he was a kid. Never opened it since his parents bought it for him when he was growing out of MOTU.

A few weeks ago I had it shipped here to my home in Iowa City, Iowa, US.
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    I still have mine since I was a kid!

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I still have mine since I was a kid!
    That is awesome! Do you have it set up? Does it work? I think having your own from childhood is the best way to own an Eternia!
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    That is awesome! Do you have it set up? Does it work? I think having your own from childhood is the best way to own an Eternia!
    Yeah, I was very fortunate to have kept most of my toys from when I was a kid. It's still in great condition with most parts and pieces. Right now I have it stored in the closet due to room constraints.

I still have mine from when I was a kid, as well! (totally complete and unbroken!) and, it most certainly is fully set up in the basement... I now play with it with MY kids and their he-man toys! awesome!

Heroic Warrior skeletorinzecloset's Avatar
    Got a complete set, loose.
    "I'm not insane i'm not insane i'm just smarter than you" The Dev
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I have Eternia from when I was a kid. I THINK I still have all the parts. I might be missing some weapons. It's to big to display assembled so I just have the three towers on the top shelf of my computer desk. The box is not in very good shape tho. I had to replace the "Periscope" part of the snake head with a wooden dowel rod. At the time of the picture it was not attached. towerbox.jpgtowers.jpg

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    It's in storage, but I got it for Christmas 1986. My parents may have scored the Greatest MotU Bargain of All Time with it. They had to have relatives on the other side of the state track it down, but fortunately, we were visiting my grandparents in the same area for Christmas that year. The day after, they took it to the store in hopes of finding one on the post-Christmas clearances--and they found one left, just as it was marked down to $25. They picked it up, returned the first one for a refund, and I didn't know the difference until years later.

I have a complete set in an beautiful but opened, "right off the truck" box. Is that MIB or is that considered loose? The stuff has never been played with or put together. I started a thread last year about it, so if you get time and want to see some pics, here you go.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=thorns02

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I never had it as a kid, but I do now! Its 100% complete and have the box as well in good shape.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I have one. It's about 90% complete. Need to seek out the missing bits and bobs one of these days.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I had one that I bought from TRU when it first came out. It was at the VERY late stages of my collecting the original line so I put it together once, saw the stress marks on the tracks, and put it back in the box. It's been in my basement ever since.

Chicago area

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I used two of Eternia's towers and fright zone and point dred for my masterschess dungeon.

..and some PlayMobil pieces in there too.

Heroic Warrior
    i have 2 loose complete sets one with repro traccks and one with glued broken tracks , i plan to get another set of repro tracks soon, they are good quality plastic , ran 4 tram motors at once the tracks were fine but the cars crashed .i personally would love to have a box ?!! or even a repro box . i would never pay a high price for a sealed box ? its a cardboard flap thats glued down ,the seller could have filled it with random plastic? and reglued it, knowing you would never open such a high price item . does the AFA misb eternia sets show some kind of x-ray proof of what is inside? i do collect moc figures but not a box, with such a cool work of art in it ,that would be just collecting a box to me . but thats just me. to each his own

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I have mine from childhood. The tracks got brittle but I have a repro track. It's missing the blaster windshield and the sword gun. Otherwise complete. I don't display a lot of the pieces with it. Some of the accessories like the flags and guns take away from the aesthetic beauty of the set.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I still have mine from childhood too.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I had one that I bought from TRU when it first came out. It was at the VERY late stages of my collecting the original line so I put it together once, saw the stress marks on the tracks, and put it back in the box. It's been in my basement ever since.

Chicago area
    What's TRU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    What's TRU?
    Toys R Us

I still have mine but a lot is missing thanks to my dad throwing away some of my stuff years ago
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I have a loose one 100% complete. I bought one incomplete off a lady on craigslist and another incomplete off ebay. Between the two, I compiled one complete set. I sold the extra pieces as a lot on ebay for $250 just to get some money back from the investment I made between the two sets. I bought a set of repro tracks just for good measure so I could set it up without worrying about breaking the originals. It is one of my most prized possessions!!

I have an eternia, but its probably only about 85% complete.

Bought one off eBay a few years ago. 3 broken tracks and several pieces missing. Since it was nearly $100 back when I was a kid, it's no wonder I didn't get for Christmas. I had the entire line as a kid except for Tyrantisaurus Rex, 4 figures, and Eternia. If I HAD received it as a child, it would be nearly complete. Of the 64 figures I had from my childhood, only Fisto's sword and Hordak's bat shield were missing. I wish I could go back in time and convince a wealthy realtive to purchase every Eternia we could find and store them away. Of course my father probably wishes he hadn't put baseball cards in his bicycle spokes either. Oh well....

I have one.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adult...94486950703800

I found a loose set in great condition and have been piecing it together. Repro'd the tracks, chains, clasps, flags, screws, jaw lever and monorail arm. All I need now is the battle tram and sky cage!

Last edited by AdultCollector; July 7, 2013 at 08:28am.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Repro'd the tracks, chains, clasps, flags, screws, jaw lever and monorail arm.
    Where did you get your repro parts?