Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who owns an Eternia playset?

Heroic Warrior
    I never owned an Eternia set but it certainly looks magnificent from the photos seen here.The only draw back is the fragility of the monorail tracks.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    i would never pay a high price for a sealed box ? its a cardboard flap thats glued down ,the seller could have filled it with random plastic? and reglued it, knowing you would never open such a high price item . does the AFA misb eternia sets show some kind of x-ray proof of what is inside? i do collect moc figures but not a box, with such a cool work of art in it ,that would be just collecting a box to me . but thats just me. to each his own
    I recently bought a sealed MIB Eternia and I was a bit concerned by this. But when I got it, and compared it to a partially sealed Eternia I had years ago (with pics), as well as online pics of people who had opened their Eternias, I became convinced of its legitimacy. It would be incredibly difficult to

1. get an empty Eternia box
    2. fill it with other parts, pack it sufficiently to be full but not overstuffed (of you've seen an Eternia get opened, you know all the parts are Tetris-ed in there very specifically and there is little-to-no wiggle room)
    3. seal it with the kind of tape that is just the right amount of yellow and dried up in places, yet totally sealed and lined up correctly just as it is in pics of sealed Eternias (Eternia boxes are primarily taped, not glued)

Not to mention the profit margin in that sort of 'forgery' would be pretty sad once you account for how much time and effort went into it.

It seems disingenuous to mock other people's sealed box preference for a whole paragraph and then try to pass it off with "thats just me. to each his own". If you think other people are making a mistake in their collection, that's fine, but it does no good to bash other people's preferences here on our public, shared forum.

Your pair of loose Eternias sounds awesome, glad you have an Eternia in the way you prefer.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    I never owned an Eternia set but it certainly looks magnificent from the photos seen here.The only draw back is the fragility of the monorail tracks.
    I agree. But with the repro track out there makes it possible to keep the originals intact. The repro ones are better anyway.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

I have a loose Eternia that I picked up from Sallah here on the Org. I never owned one as a kid, but I can tell you now - it's a thing of beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life my hindu friend!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life my hindu friend!
    Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, Eternia monorail!

I have two Eternias. It's a long story, involving multiple ebay auction wins at the same time.

The first Eternia is on display and 100% complete. I have it displayed with the repo track so the vehicles go around. I do have the original track but it's broken in several pieces where the sections join.

The second Eternia I have boxed away (not the original box). It only has a repo track and the motor doesn't run, other than that it's complete with some spares.

I have the display Eternia on a table in my study and it brings a smile to my face every time I walk in.

Never had it as a child but working on a MOTUC sized one as we speak.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, Eternia monorail!
    what's that called? Awesome!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heavy Metal Warlord Hessianking's Avatar
    I still have mine from when I was a kid. It's set up and in good condition. It's an impressive showpiece.
    -Hessianking

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    what's that called? Awesome!!!

What about us brain-dead slobs?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I have one from when I was a kid. Its 100% complete---but beat up---BAD. My mom bought it on clearance from Shopko in Green Bay...I was really excited. Unfortunately, like most of my classic toys, I loved to play with them OUTSIDE. They would stay out all summer. So, most of the detail paint has flaked off and a lot of the plastic is badly faded from direct sunlight. I have always wanted to try to restore it...maybe someday I will.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiki84 View Post
    What about us brain-dead slobs?
    You'll be given cushy jobs!

I never owned an Eternia playset, and I honestly don't ever actually remember seeing it in the UK market, was it a US only thing? I mean, it's monstrous! I'm sure I'd remember seeing it at least in the store...

Anyhoo, There is a loose one for sale at a collector store here in Chicago that i've been eyeballing, but i'm too scared to ask the price, especially since I saw the boxed one that was recently on Toy Hunter!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I had Castle Eternia growing up, but a friend of mine broke it the same day I got it (by falling on the damned thing, of all ignoble ends--it was like an episode of Power Rangers gone bad). At any rate, a few years ago my hubby and I found another one that was about 99% complete (including tracks and Viper Tower chains) and quickly scooped it up.

168262_1723310675168_754303_n.jpg
    225427_1978913025067_1041588_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Anyhoo, There is a loose one for sale at a collector store here in Chicago that i've been eyeballing, but i'm too scared to ask the price, especially since I saw the boxed one that was recently on Toy Hunter!
    Hey Thunderkill, which store is this and where? I don't need another one, but I'm always on the look-out for local stores that carry MOTU stuff.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I would like to sell mine but i wonder what i should sell it for. Whats reasonable to sell a 99% complete one. Its only missing the jaw lever.

I never owned an Eternia playset, and I honestly don't ever actually remember seeing it in the UK market, was it a US only thing? I mean, it's monstrous! I'm sure I'd remember seeing it at least in the store...

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Never had it as a child but working on a MOTUC sized one as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I had Castle Eternia growing up, but a friend of mine broke it the same day I got it (by falling on the damned thing, of all ignoble ends--it was like an episode of Power Rangers gone bad). At any rate, a few years ago my hubby and I found another one that was about 99% complete (including tracks and Viper Tower chains) and quickly scooped it up.

168262_1723310675168_754303_n.jpg
    225427_1978913025067_1041588_n.jpg

Hey Thunderkill, which store is this and where? I don't need another one, but I'm always on the look-out for local stores that carry MOTU stuff.
    No worries, I probably couldn't afford it anyways lol! It's at a store called Rad Vintage on Berwyn and Clark in Andersonville. They have some sweet loose figures too, and mini comics. I snagged a Stinkor mini comic from there just the other day.

Hello fellow Chi-Townian!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    No worries, I probably couldn't afford it anyways lol! It's at a store called Rad Vintage on Berwyn and Clark in Andersonville. They have some sweet loose figures too, and mini comics. I snagged a Stinkor mini comic from there just the other day.

Hello fellow Chi-Townian!
    Hello indeed, fellow Chi-Townian--thanks for the heads up, they're right up the street from me, so I'll have to cruse on by. Do they have a lot of toys, or is it mostly clothes (which is what the Google search seems to indicate).
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Hello indeed, fellow Chi-Townian--thanks for the heads up, they're right up the street from me, so I'll have to cruse on by. Do they have a lot of toys, or is it mostly clothes (which is what the Google search seems to indicate).
    Sorry, I should follow the thread a little more closely lol!

They have a good selection of toys, well worth the visit. They have some vintage band shirts as well, but dang are they pricey!

Widget
    Just got myself an Eternia today. Still have a lot of work to put in to complete it though. I live in Australia and I don't think they were ever released here. And aside from the cost of actually buying one I would have had to have it shipped from US or Europe which would have cost hundreds. But I got lucky and picked this up quite cheap from a guy who's Mum bought it back from the states for him when he was a kid. So no shipping required. Now that I have all the major pieces I can slowly work through the rest of the smaller pieces I need. I have about half of the original track but not going to dare use it, cause all it will do is break no doubt. So first thing will be to get a repro track and a motor to bring this baby to life. Think I'd be one of very few people to have one of these sets here in Aussie Land.
    Here it is waiting for more parts but enough to make an awesome display.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I own one. It is about 92% complete. Missing the tracks, the elevator, and the purple car and battery.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Widget
    Im afraid to ask what a set will cost......someone hit me with it?

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHammer12 View Post
    Im afraid to ask what a set will cost......someone hit me with it?
    I think a loose complete one with box just went for 1500 on eBay. Another went for 1250. I have not seen a sealed one for sale in a while, have no idea how much mine or anyone else's is worth.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Master View Post
    THREAD? Thread? thread.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-on-these-days
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1