View Poll Results: Do you want a MOTUC Plundor figure?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 51.82%
  • No

106 48.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you want a Plundor figure?

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    (1)Tri-Klops armor in purple
    Um...his armor is red not purple. I also have seen many people lately say Plundor is purple when in fact he is pink. Colorblindness must be more common than I thought.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

NO!!
    **places hand over mic** ..wait, what is this about? PLUNDOR?

What do you think?

but while i'm here...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Definitely don't want a figure of a character that I regard in the same bracket as Chef Alan, Crackers the Clown, the NA Scientists (plus a heap more). Will be bitterly disappointed if he is in the sub down the track...
    i'll take chef allen and crackers the clown, too! i'll be bitterly disappointed if he's not in the sub (or at least offered somehow)! i want everyone to get their favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, definitely. Very disappointed in the poll results so far.
    ugh...me too. seems plundor fans are a vocal, passionate group...but still a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    BUT I would only say YES on some circumstances:

That his head sculpt goes for a more evil, barbaric look such as maybe the ears looking like a ponytail rather that floppy. (Sorry)
    Maybe having only one tooth sharp and showing to give him some ferocity.
    Slight redesign with a belt buckle having a rabbit skull on it.

Cause I have been imagining his abilities in addition to his Filmation ones and having an incredible ability to jump and immensely strong legs could display some incredible fighting techniques....

Now I know this takes away from his original look and design but this is what would make me say YES! So apologies to all true die hard Plundorians!
    making him more barbaric would be against the spirit of the character for me. i like plundor because he stands out. i'm among a group of fans that don't need every MOTU character to fit into stereotypically aggressive, macho power fantasies for boys.

Plundor is a schemer, not a fighter. i like to think that plundor got where he is precisely because his enemies underestimated the silly looking pink bunny man. he used his cute, innocuous appearance to manipulate his way into a position of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw Bridge View Post
    40 dollars for pink bunny man?
    that's a bit reductive. and what's wrong with a pink bunny man, anyway? this line has a bee man, a fish man, a skunk man, a mosquito man, and a crab man. a pink bunny man has just as much surface merit as a giant marshmallow man or a clown in a purple suit.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Sure he looks goofy and has the bubble gum pink exterior but beneath the small heart he has is black as the smoke from his factory conglomerate. He enslaved an entire planet and too control of all the natural resources for profit. Even Skeletor couldn't do that. Plundor could make skeletor his ***** in a second! The only villian more evil is Hordak....and maybe King Hsss who would probably just eat the bunny...but still! And btw, I'm all for making him look a little more menacing as long as it doesn't overshadow the whole appearances are deceiving aspect of the character. I still think this is the kind of character Satan himself would have unleashed on the world.
    glad you're here to set people straight, He-Dad! though i don't think plundor could take skeletor due to the latter having magic on his side, the pink bunny man is still a master manipulator and successful world conqueror.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

haven't settled my mind with this one, the figure looks extremely goofy but there's a certain something about it maybe i'm just glad about most reveals
    Last edited by Arkangel; July 19, 2013 at 10:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I am so glad Plundor is coming. I love stand-alone villians that don't work for Skeletor or Hordak. I worry about getting Gleedal though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    NO!!
    **places hand over mic** ..wait, what is this about? PLUNDOR?

What do you think?

but while i'm here...

i'll take chef allen and crackers the clown, too! i'll be bitterly disappointed if he's not in the sub (or at least offered somehow)! i want everyone to get their favorites!

ugh...me too. seems plundor fans are a vocal, passionate group...but still a minority.

making him more barbaric would be against the spirit of the character for me. i like plundor because he stands out. i'm among a group of fans that don't need every MOTU character to fit into stereotypically aggressive, macho power fantasies for boys.

Plundor is a schemer, not a fighter. i like to think that plundor got where he is precisely because his enemies underestimated the silly looking pink bunny man. he used his cute, innocuous appearance to manipulate his way into a position of power.

that's a bit reductive. and what's wrong with a pink bunny man, anyway? this line has a bee man, a fish man, a skunk man, a mosquito man, and a crab man. a pink bunny man has just as much surface merit as a giant marshmallow man or a clown in a purple suit.

glad you're here to set people straight, He-Dad! though i don't think plundor could take skeletor due to the latter having magic on his side, the pink bunny man is still a master manipulator and successful world conqueror.
    Well I understand. But the look he has in this figure is good for what I was hoping for, my only gripe now is the head is just a tad small but hey... other than him being a regular sub slot, I'm diggin' him! Congrats to you on your figure!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well I understand. But the look he has in this figure is good for what I was hoping for, my only gripe now is the head is just a tad small but hey... other than him being a regular sub slot, I'm diggin' him! Congrats to you on your figure!
    thanks! and yeah, in the end it looks like the 4H gave us a happy medium- he still looks faithful to the cartoon, but they gave him extra detailing, especially with his outfit, that fit him more into the barbarian aesthetic of MOTU.

as far as his head, i think it looks much better from certain angles, like this shot here:
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    he still looks faithful to the cartoon, but they gave him extra detailing, especially with his outfit, that fit him more into the barbarian aesthetic of MOTU.
    I'm seeing more of a Flash Gordon aesthetic in his costume. Barbarian, not so much.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'm seeing more of a Flash Gordon aesthetic in his costume. Barbarian, not so much.
    that's splitting hares. there's a lot of cross-pollination between space opera and sword and sorcery. either way, since both permeate MOTU, it's perfect.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

I voted 'no', originally. Add me to the 'yes' list. It's a fun figure with a great sculpt.

I think the head sculpt looks horrible.

After seeing the figure revealed, I have to say…I do want the pink guy!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'd prefer the Easter Bunny, but Plundor will have to do, lol.

Where is the "hell no!" option?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'm not in favor for him. =(
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

It seems clear from the almost 50% split in this poll that Plundor was a HORRIBLE choice for a Club Eternia monthly slot. I and many others have said it before, Plundor should have been in the Club Filmation sub.

Seahawk or Strong Arm should have been in the December 2013 Club Eternia slot instead of Plundor.

judging by the results this figure will flop big time. These are the ones that should not have day of sale.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Not really into Plundor, but he's a MOTU character so yeah I'll keep him
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yes. Maybe after my tax return, I'll look for one in the after market.