Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a "Spirit Of....." sub? (At a reduced cost due to lack of paint-apps)

How about a "Spirit Of....." sub? (At a reduced cost due to lack of paint-apps)

I think the spirit figures are awesome, and there are certainly a few more that would be appropriate. And since Mattel has outright TOLD US that they would be able to reduce the cost of the figures if we were willing to accept less paint-apps, there should be no reason for these figures to cost as much as regular figures (also because no new tooling would be involved). I'd be up for all the main cast:

King Grayskull (in a different color so the original retains its exclusivity)
    He-Man (and maybe a slime pit version, even though I'm not dying for one, I know a lot of people are)
    She-Ra
    Skeletor
    He-Ro
    Teela or Evil-Lyn

another female for sure, but I'm not sure who; we already have TOD Sorceress, so I kinda feel like she's covered, and Evil-Lyn makes more sense (to me) but Teela would give people a chance to paint her and make their own of the regular version!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I would have to say, "No, thanks."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I would have to say, "No, thanks."
    This.

I'd like a Spirit of King Grayskull. I'd also like a Spirit of He-Ro, because to me, that's Light Hope.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd buy it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think I would buy a sub of repaints. I might cherry pick if some of those characters were given the "Spirit" treatment.

Not a fan of variants, but if Mattel decided to make any more "Spirit of" figures, I'd rather they kept them at full price. The cheaper production cost would allow them to make some extra profit on a line that already has such a tight budget.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    No thanks
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

No thanks. Outside of King Greyskull & He-Ro i see no need.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Spirit of Eldor to advise Prince Adam to go seek training from the Goddess.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

No thanks...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    no. You'd be taking what makes these limited types of figures special and making them not. I want a spirit of king grayskull and soh as well but it would get old

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'd definitely be up for some more "Spirit of" figures, just not sure there's enough 'worthy' candidates for a full-fledged sub or even a mini-sub.
    I can't imagine there'd be enough interest past King Grayskull and He-Ro.
    A few other translucent figures I'd buy would be:
    -Spirit of Eldor
    -Slime Pit He-Man
    -Spirit of the Sorceress
    Other than that I'm really straining to think of any others......... maybe a 'clear' figure to represent an invisible figure (it escapes me now, but wasn't there a Filmation episode where someone was invisible?).
    Also, I've got to agree with Canada-Man, you wouldn't want to overdo it.
    The special-ness would be gone if seemingly anyone can be represented in spirit form.....

No thanks. I have no interest in repaints at all.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I think that would be cool. Especially, King Grayskull. So, I would definitely buy it.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

No thanks. No gummibear sub-line.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    If we could get some unique weapons with the figures, I'd be more interested. I'm just not sure if there are enough candidates for a sub. I would like a Spirit of Grayskull. Skeletor and the Sorceress would make sense also. We might get up to 6, but no more.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Only if The Star Sisters are part of it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Not where I'd like to see resources devoted to.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Outside of King Grayskull, it seems a waste of money and effort that could be spent on other figures. So no thanks.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

i will buy anything translucent......
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

No. Beyond Lighthope we don't need a whole collection of spirits and ghosts. Lighthope being the only exception.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I don't mind the "spirit of" type figures but wouldn't want to see a whole sub of them.

I think they are a cool special attraction type figure, something to be released sporadically and not a part of the sub, like a mid season exclusive almost, something you don't need but is probably cool. Maybe they could release them on Matty Collector on occasion... have them just pop up and disapear again. That would be really cool and would probably vastly increase the hits on their website - which would probably make the top brass at mattel really happy too.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

No thanks. No more extra subs please. As Highlander was promoted: "There can be only one"
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I love the idea, but I've already got a Spirit of Grayskull, Spirit He-Ro, and translucent Slime Pit He-Man. I'd still sub tho. Love me some translucent figs.
    IMAG1862.jpg
    DSCF1225.jpg