Thread: Galoob's Golden Girl Figures & Unmade Concepts In MOTUC (Support Thread)

Hybrid View

Galoob's Golden Girl Figures & Unmade Concepts In MOTUC (Support Thread)

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely Mattel would seek out the license to Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones, but maybe with enough support they may consider it one day after we've burned through most of the wanted MOTU/POP/NA/2002 stuff.

How cool would it be to see some of these unmade concepts for GGATGOTG make it into Classics?

http://www.reocities.com/sorsha7.geo/conceptart.html

FIGURE CONCEPTS THAT NEVER MADE IT INTO PRODUCTION

UNMADE PLAYSETS, BEASTS, ACCESSORIES ETC.

Last edited by Tallstar; June 17, 2013 at 05:56pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I only rediscovered the line a few years ago. The designs are very barbaric and "dungeons and dragons." The armor and weapons have some great design details as well. (In fact, I'd actually prefer many of the GG designs to POP.) I was contemplating doing a custom MOTUC GG but didn't know if fans would even recognize her.

Yeah, it's a long shot to have them in classics but I for one would welcome them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm a Golden Girl's fan! My female cousins had them all when we were kids so they would intract w/MOTU & POP. Sapphire was my favorite then, & I even had Ogra, but I really like Dragon Queen now I even purchased 1 earlier this year MIB.

I am SOOOOOO glad you showed me these concepts (& website) Tallstar as I plan on creating some Golden Girl character art for my MOTU : Origins art card series of some of my favorites!

I don't think these will ever be in MOTUC but maybe approaching the 4H is a good idea as I heard they are interested in other 80's lines to create w/their own company like they did with "Power Lords."
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Whoa! These are some cool designs! But yeah, if these aren't affiliated with Mattel at all, then I don't see why they would go out of thier way to seek them out. Highly doubt they would get enough support either.

Still, I would totally back it. At the very least these designs don't have any dumbed-down Filmation designs to get in the way of the details.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Very cool looking designs.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Snappy Threader
    Very cool indeed. Spidra especially.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I don't think these will ever be in MOTUC but maybe approaching the 4H is a good idea as I heard they are interested in other 80's lines to create w/their own company like they did with "Power Lords."
    That would be amazing, but even if the 4H could acquire the license to make these gals, sadly it would probably be too expensive for them to make them compatible with Classics scale. I think that's why they opted for 3.75" scale on Power Lords.

I came into this thread hoping for Bea Arthur.

I have been sorely disappointed.

Here's a rare telestory in case some of you are interested in hearing what some of the Golden Girl characters sound like. (turn down volume, as quality isn't the greatest)

Thought I posted in here already. Big Yes! More PoP types? Thank you! My daughter loves this stuff too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Love Golden Girls.

But of course this is MOTU. And though they were just as awesome to include with POP, much like the knock off lines targeted to MOTUC, I wouldnt really expect or demand it get somehow included in this line.

But hey, someone out there, buy this property and start working on them.

Widget
    OMG, I've never seen those designs before (then again, I'm relatively new to GG). Spidra and Pearl in particular are my favorites, but Moth Lady remains the best design IMO.

I would buy any of these in a heartbeat. There really needs to be more female-centric action lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Fun fact these were released before the she-ra dolls