Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galoob's Golden Girl Figures & Unmade Concepts In MOTUC (Support Thread)

Galoob's Golden Girl Figures & Unmade Concepts In MOTUC (Support Thread)

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely Mattel would seek out the license to Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones, but maybe with enough support they may consider it one day after we've burned through most of the wanted MOTU/POP/NA/2002 stuff.

How cool would it be to see some of these unmade concepts for GGATGOTG make it into Classics?

http://www.reocities.com/sorsha7.geo/conceptart.html

FIGURE CONCEPTS THAT NEVER MADE IT INTO PRODUCTION

UNMADE PLAYSETS, BEASTS, ACCESSORIES ETC.

Last edited by Tallstar; June 17, 2013 at 04:56pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I only rediscovered the line a few years ago. The designs are very barbaric and "dungeons and dragons." The armor and weapons have some great design details as well. (In fact, I'd actually prefer many of the GG designs to POP.) I was contemplating doing a custom MOTUC GG but didn't know if fans would even recognize her.

Yeah, it's a long shot to have them in classics but I for one would welcome them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm a Golden Girl's fan! My female cousins had them all when we were kids so they would intract w/MOTU & POP. Sapphire was my favorite then, & I even had Ogra, but I really like Dragon Queen now I even purchased 1 earlier this year MIB.

I am SOOOOOO glad you showed me these concepts (& website) Tallstar as I plan on creating some Golden Girl character art for my MOTU : Origins art card series of some of my favorites!

I don't think these will ever be in MOTUC but maybe approaching the 4H is a good idea as I heard they are interested in other 80's lines to create w/their own company like they did with "Power Lords."
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Whoa! These are some cool designs! But yeah, if these aren't affiliated with Mattel at all, then I don't see why they would go out of thier way to seek them out. Highly doubt they would get enough support either.

Still, I would totally back it. At the very least these designs don't have any dumbed-down Filmation designs to get in the way of the details.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Very cool looking designs.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Snappy Threader
    Very cool indeed. Spidra especially.

These are really, really awesome. Thanks for sharing them!

Heroic Warrior
    The Golden Girl figures have some great designs. Some of them I even prefer over the PoP designs because they are more warrior-like or Amazonian.

BUT, I'd much prefer to see ALL of PoP (including vintage and Filmation) completed before Mattel released anything to do with Golden Girl in MOTUC. However, if Mattel or someone else made a companion line using the Golden Girl licence, then I would definitely be interested in collecting it.

Those are some very cool designs.

I would love to see Golden Girls relaunched, especially with the 4H involved. I have loose figures of almost all the original dolls, and a couple of bootlegs. However, time is not being very kind to the rubber parts (heads and legs). Some of them are turning into Smurfs!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Ideally, Golden Girls would be retconned into the line. It would be really fun to include them into Eternia or Etheria.

What's crazy is that some years back I put some action figures on a shelf and asked which figure came from a girls' line. Nobody could guess which one, because OGRA was the answer, complete with his black demonic helmet. The designs of some of the characters really were spectacular. I'm a fan of the Wild One. Her Blair Witch Project tattoos are just crazy!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I have all of the figures and that Palace of Gems but none of the horses or chariots.

Excellent addition to the line if it ever happened. With some tweaks this would make a great extension to the possible storyline of the MOTU universe (ie Spidra a Horde Enforcer).
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I agree, Nemisythe.

I assume this is a far reaching concept, but I like the idea of discussing it.

All those baddies would fit in well with the Evil Horde....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, I *barely* remember these at my local(now torn down) TRU when I was a kid. I'm all about including every single Galoob/Mattel fantasy line into MOTUC, but with so many PoP figures and others left to do, I don't see room for any of these. Maybe, *maybe* the Golden Girl herself and the Dragon Queen, but that's about it.

And if we get them, then we damn sure better get Blackstar and Overlord!!

It's funny because I was about to post the exact same concept art. I guess great minds think alike. I would be all over a Golden Girl line. The original figures were so beautiful and nothing like I've ever seen launched before for a "girls line", they are truly unique. The designs were spectacular, and I've always said the Horsemen should tackle these. I wonder who owns the rights to these characters? Galoob no longer exists and I thought if a certain time passed with no recent copyrights someone could pick it up. Someone should definitely show this to the Horsemen at SDCC. I think they would be interested if Mattel isn't.

Such a bad ass toyline that still holds great today, it's such a shame that it didn't catch on those concept art pieces are beautiful!

Heroic Warrior
    Funny you should mention it... I'm in the middle of a few Golden Girl customs as we speak- though I'd love to see Mattel save me the trouble by picking up the license, and doing them all Classics-style!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

They look amazing! For some reason, I saw the topic and thought 'The Golden Girls', lol! I suppose the first picture does resemble Bea Arthur a bit...a hardened, warrior version of Bea Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I don't think these will ever be in MOTUC but maybe approaching the 4H is a good idea as I heard they are interested in other 80's lines to create w/their own company like they did with "Power Lords."
    That would be amazing, but even if the 4H could acquire the license to make these gals, sadly it would probably be too expensive for them to make them compatible with Classics scale. I think that's why they opted for 3.75" scale on Power Lords.

I came into this thread hoping for Bea Arthur.

I have been sorely disappointed.

Here's a rare telestory in case some of you are interested in hearing what some of the Golden Girl characters sound like. (turn down volume, as quality isn't the greatest)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Here's a rare telestory in case some of you are interested in hearing what some of the Golden Girl characters sound like. (turn down volume, as quality isn't the greatest)
    WOW!! That was amazing! Golden Girl's voice sounds so much like Adora's. Was there a cartoon series planned? Great find Tallstar.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    WOW!! That was amazing! Golden Girl's voice sounds so much like Adora's. Was there a cartoon series planned? Great find Tallstar.
    Yes, but it only got as far as a script for a pilot. It would have really helped sales on the toys. Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones only made $8 million dollars for Galoob and was considered to be the biggest flop of the year.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Is Ogra Frank Welker? That sounds like Megatron!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Is Ogra Frank Welker? That sounds like Megatron!
    Probably. It does sound like him.

That Spidra design is wicked cool.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!