Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galoob's Golden Girl Figures & Unmade Concepts In MOTUC (Support Thread)

Here's another rare telestory. Enjoy.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Thanks for posting the concept art and the tele-story snippet! They're awesome!

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I never heard of these characters but I definitely like most of the designs.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

Thought I posted in here already. Big Yes! More PoP types? Thank you! My daughter loves this stuff too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Yes, Mattel should make them. But put them all on male bucks as drag queens and target them to the gay community.

I'm serious.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

It's the first time I've seen these characters and I like what I see.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Widget
    Very bold ad! Do you remember what magazine it ran in?

When I was a kid I had a few GG figures along with She-ra, but have just recently started to collect them again. It was a very interesting line that I think would do better now than in its original run. A 4H sculpt would be awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Ogra and Kroma sound like Frank Welker. I can't place Golden Girl, though. Maybe Samantha Newark from Jem? Dragon Queen sounds properly wicked!
    Last edited by Jade Guardian; September 24, 2013 at 01:50pm.

The centaur would be really cool.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Love Golden Girls.

But of course this is MOTU. And though they were just as awesome to include with POP, much like the knock off lines targeted to MOTUC, I wouldnt really expect or demand it get somehow included in this line.

But hey, someone out there, buy this property and start working on them.

Widget
    OMG, I've never seen those designs before (then again, I'm relatively new to GG). Spidra and Pearl in particular are my favorites, but Moth Lady remains the best design IMO.

I would buy any of these in a heartbeat. There really needs to be more female-centric action lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Fun fact these were released before the she-ra dolls

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Some of these look very cool - really like Centaura.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Is there any chance of someone re-posting these videos? I would LOVE to see them, as I'm obviously a fan, and was unaware that anything like these existed!

Thank you in advance for any help!
    The Golden Girl formerly known as "Glimmer Girl"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Sounds like BJ Ward (Scarlett from GIJOE) is Golden Girl, Morgan Lofting (Baroness from GIJOE) is Dragon Queen and Frank Welker (Megatron from Transformers) is both Krona and Ogra.

That Centaur is really cool. I've long been thinking about customs of Golden Girl and her main Villain (Dragon Queen?) in MOTUC style. The artwork for that series is pretty great.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't see it. Also, why do I sense Blackstar won't be far behind sense both lines were made by Galoob.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    wow that would be so awesome! i didn't even know about these concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I have all of the figures and that Palace of Gems but none of the horses or chariots.
    i own all of them.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Thank you so much for sharing these, Tallstar. I love the Gemstone Guardians.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I picked up the GG figures quite a while back, and I think they would work quite nicely in Classics format. And, honestly, I think it migt be a good idea for Mattel to snatch up the rights if they are available. If they ever get around to having an MOTU movie franchise, it's a certainty She-Ra would eventually be introduced, but likely not right away. That would give someone else the opening to do something like Golden Girl first, stealing some of the thunder from MOTU. A no name generic movie might not have a big following, but GG does have at least some name recognition and nostalgia, possibly second only to POP in that particular genre. Mattel would not only be getting a viable property they could exploit, but would also be taking out some potential competition if they can ever get some media outside the toy line going for MOTU/POP.

Heck, things like Power Lords and Skeleton Warriors are back with brand new action figures right now. I think Golden Girl is at least as well known as those two short lived properties. I agree it is unlikely we'll see Mattel do this (I think it's more likely someone else gets the rights and heads for Kickstarter), but they could always surprise us.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see it stand on its own. The idea of blending them in is like blending Conan into MOTU. I'll pass.

That said. I would love to see someone do justice to this brand. The doll/action figure subcategory is finite enough to do something small and meaningful. This brand exemplifies this nicely. Great ideas and design work really!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I would like to see it stand on its own. The idea of blending them in is like blending Conan into MOTU. I'll pass.

That said. I would love to see someone do justice to this brand. The doll/action figure subcategory is finite enough to do something small and meaningful. This brand exemplifies this nicely. Great ideas and design work really!
    They could be their own brand, just in a compatible style with MOTUC. Using your example, what would sell more, a stand alone Conan in it's own distinct scale and style, or a stand alone Conan in a similar style and scale to an existing line? Companies today have completely lost the idea of cross-sell. I often wonder how many of LJN's Rookies or SWAT figures back in the Mego days sold to kids who were fans of the shows, and how many were bought simply for the Mego heroes to have some cops to save (the reason I got a few back in the day). More to the point, look at all of Remco's lines which stated on the package that they went with Masters of the Universe.

As it's own thing and style and size, GG might go over. In a style and size compatible with something like MOTUC, I think it would go over even better.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    More to the point, look at all of Remco's lines which stated on the package that they went with Masters of the Universe.
    That is why I bought the Conan and The Lost World of the Warlord figures by Remco.

I've never heard of "Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones", and I do know quite a few toylines. I would say Mattel gains nothing by acquiring them, as they could just as easily make something similar with Shera.

While cool concepts, I would say whoever would acquire the brand would have to start from beginning when rebuilding the brand. Unlike He-man this brand is quite forgotten.

If I'm throwing my vote in for Golden Girls figures, I think it should be a mini sub...
    Blanche, Rose, Sophia, Dorothy and sub exclusive, Stan.
    Sign me up!

Heroic Warrior
    I have to ask, was there a cartoon series based on this line? I remember Blackstar. which was also produced by Filmation.