Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (6/17/2013)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (6/17/2013)

hordak.de

1. There is an interesting discussion going on in a German forum. Some people consider putting Mer-Man into their aquarium and are wondering if any substances in the plastic could do damage to their fish. Can you give us any insight if this is harmless. What about figures like Stinkor, who has patchouli oil in his plastic?

Mattel does not recommend displaying your MOTUC figures in a live fish tank

2. Fans have voted for the colour of Swift Wind, Granamyr and Man-E-Faces, as well as if Panthor should have been flocked. Can we expect a new poll for this year's SDCC?

Yes. This year we will let fan's at the panel actually pick one of two figures to be in the line.

3. The Wind Raider is still available and after all you told us there is not a great chance of seeing more vehicles in Classics. But the 4Horsemen made a prototype for the Battle Ram just for fun. Would you consider using this prototype and try a pre-order like you did with Castle Grayskull? There would absolutely be no risk for you. The design is there and doesn't need to be paid for, if you don't hit the minimum- just don't make it.

While we would love to, right now we are putting all of our limited resources into (ideally) finishing the vintage line and A list characters from other media by 2015 (assuming we get enough sub holders each year to make 2014 and 2015 happen). While a preorder would "guarantee" customers, the amount of design resources it takes is just too much for a vehicle, especially when it took over a year and half for the Windraider to sell out. Had the WR sold out a bit faster we might be able to consider this. Fans really do speak and vote with their purchase and we just did not move enough units of the WR quickly enough and at full price to justify any more vehicles at this time (even if the sculpting is done, sculpting is logistically one of the easiest parts of the process and doesn't really affect schedule or resources as much as tooling and design/engineering work/man hours).

4. How did the Snake Mountain stands sell?

It did very well.

5.Last time you misread this question, so we'd like to ask it again: Would it be possible to have MotU vehicles in miniature form as Hot Wheels? It would be awesome to Display a mini Talon Fighter, mini Roton and mini Attack Track with our Fighting Foe Men!

That would be cool but this would be a question for the Hot Wheels team over at Redlineclub.com or Hotwheelscollectors.com.
    kastorskorner.com

Kastor’s Korner: Are the MOTU Classics Mini Comic Con exclusives being considered a preview/ a way to test the waters in this style, or are they intended just as a one-off item for fans?

Mattel: We are certainly keeping an eye on how well they do at the show. We know there is demand from the fans!
    greatrebellion.org

Would small environment playsets be an idea worth pursueing. The palace court yard being an example of this. A few benches, the chess table and pieces, and a wall.

Anything is possible, but no, we do not have plans for this right now. Cool idea though!

Mighty Spector's appearance in the new mini-comic has got me confused about the limits to what he can do. No offense meant, but it seems the more I see this character the less I understand him. I thought he wasn't allowed to interfere with the past -hence why he's not preventing any of the major character deaths- but how is his (and He-Man's) participation in the first Ultimate Battleground not interfering? I can understand how he was able to take Sir Laser Lot away without changing history, but how is his taking Evil-Lyn's baby to the future justified?

Before jumping to any conclusions, some things to take into consideration.

1- If there are Time Agents (like Spector) in the service of King he-Man, you can extrapolate that there must therefore be someone else out there that the agents are there to protect us from (*i.e. someone or some faction that is “messing” with time if you will)

2- How do you know that is John Spector in the vortex suit? Maybe it is, maybe it is someone else.
    Just food for thought.

After reading King He-man bio, I was wondering why didn't Adora become Queen while Adam was gone? And why was Marlena allowed to stay on the throne after Randor's death? And can you shed some light on how one ascend to throne.

Ready for it? Insert coin. Pull lever. Response generated: Keep reading the bios and mini comics!
    mintconditioncustom.com

For Toyguru: I saw you on a recent episode of Toy Hunter. Were you disappointed that they didn’t even mention your connection to Mattel or to Masters of the Universe outside of being a fan? I was hoping they would mention your job title or perhaps even plug MOTUC for you.

From Toyguru:

“Not at all. I was well aware that my title and position would not be mentioned on the show before we ever shot the segment. It was a blast to do!”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org
    toyhypeusa.com
    musclor.org

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 18, 2013 at 02:45pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I am sick to death about hearing "Fans vote with their wallets"

A vote for 1 of 2 figures by the fans at SDCC? Hmmmmm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    The Snake Mountain stands sell well? hmmmm...

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm sick to death of the excuses for why a pre-order for the Battle Ram wouldn't work.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating....hmmmmmm,.....
    Wait?

The vote for MattyPalooza 2013 seems interesting!

I wonder if it would be two different characters or 2 different variants of the same character?

I'm excited to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Why? It's a perfectly legit answer.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I'm sick to death of the excuses for why a pre-order for the Battle Ram wouldn't work.
    Does anyone else think if they did the Battle Ram first, we'd have another vehicle today?
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I am very curious about this vote... two figures and only one get's in the line? Very interesting. My immediate thought was NA Skeletor, and we get to vote which version gets in the line first... knowing that we may never get the other one as it won't be until after 2015.

Not sure how that vote would go but that is my best guess.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    One of two figures?

Hopefully we won't have to choose between Angella and Glimmer! Or between Scorpia and Modulok
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Does anyone else think if they did the Battle Ram first, we'd have another vehicle today?
    I do. Unless TG doesn't want vehicles.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I hope the vote is between Two-Bad and Yellow Tug-of-war guy, because I'll be a little irritated if I want both of the choices.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    One of two figures?

Hopefully we won't have to choose between Angella and Glimmer! Or between Scorpia and Modulok
    I think it will be out of variants or obscure characters from either Filmation or the mini-comics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I do. Unless TG doesn't want vehicles.
    I wonder the same thing. But either way Battle Ram is a sure bet. It would out sell any other vehicle that could be made.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it's between Two Bad and Plundor But I'm guessing it will between a character I want and a character I'm pretty indifferent to and the character I want will lose in a landslide.

Yes. This year we will let fan's at the panel actually pick one of two figures to be in the line.
    Not sure I understand this. Does it mean the other figure would never be released? Or, just released later?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Not sure I understand this. Does it mean the other figure would never be released? Or, just released later?
    I would guess there is good chance the losing character will not be released, unless it's 2 or more years down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I wonder the same thing. But either way Battle Ram is a sure bet. It would out sell any other vehicle that could be made.
    Battle Ram would outsell most remaining figures at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it will be out of variants or obscure characters from either Filmation or the mini-comics.
    That's my guess as well. I would guess it will be similar to the Geldor vote.
    Two characters like Illumina and Songster, Or Mini-Comics Trap Jaw and Mini-Comics Tri-Klops.
    Or maybe Mini-Comics Garn and Filmation Garn...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The answer to this question makes me mad. I don't want another fan poll, especially not between two figures. I'm sure it'll end up as a lose-lose situation between two characters I really want. Or maybe two characters that are desperately needed to complete a faction or two characters that require a counterpart like:
    NA Skeletor or TC Skeletor (so if the latter wins we'll never get FF He-Man and NA Skeletor and NA He-Man will be on the shelf alone forever)
    Rotar or Twistoid
    Dree-Elle or Montork

I also want that flocked Panthor already! It won by a landslide!
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    The vote for MattyPalooza 2013 seems interesting!

I wonder if it would be two different characters or 2 different variants of the same character?

I'm excited to vote.
    First thing to pop in my head for this was MYP Evilseed versus Filmation Evilseed.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

The vote sounds interesting. I hope it turns out well.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

That fan vote has me scared already.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    That fan vote has me scared already.
    Same here! I fear: "Double Trouble, Or Entrapta?"
    Of course, I'm willing to throw some NA characters under the bus... please let it be "Kayo, or Nocturna?"... LOL!