Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (6/17/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    First thing to pop in my head for this was MYP Evilseed versus Filmation Evilseed.
    That would be an interesting vote.

I wonder if there will be any clues regarding the vote before it actually happens?

I bet everyone in this thread one shiny American nickel that "one of two" is a typo and he meant "one or two".

Another interesting debate would be if the fans want Laser Light Skeletor or NA Skeletor. The sculpt would be for roughly the same figure, but which armor and weapons takes top billing? I could see that one actually happen.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I'm sick to death of the excuses for why a pre-order for the Battle Ram wouldn't work.
    What excuses? He is just stating they do not have the money in the budget to commit to the project. I thought it was one of his best answers to ANY question in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A vote for 1 of 2 figures by the fans at SDCC? Hmmmmm.
    This...this could get ugly.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    This...this could get ugly.

That's what I was thinking... regardless of the characters, it WILL get ugly...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I'm sick to death of the excuses for why a pre-order for the Battle Ram wouldn't work.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Let the power return!!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    First thing to pop in my head for this was MYP Evilseed versus Filmation Evilseed.

You beat me to it. I can assure you that is the character choice.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    What excuses? He is just stating they do not have the money in the budget to commit to the project. I thought it was one of his best answers to ANY question in a very long time.
    The thing is sculpted, if a pre-order goes through, then the money is there for it to be made....They had no budget for Grayskull if the PO didn't go through, yet here we are with a Classics sized play set.

They lose nothing if not enough are interested in making it, but gain something if it does.

They just don't want to commit to another vehicle. A PO may not work on a figure by figure basis, but it can work on a vehicle the size of the Battle Ram.

Grayskull worked, and so did the Hover Board....If they can't get enough buyers make it for say $60 or so even $70, then it just doesn't get made, at least they could try.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    You beat me to it. I can assure you that is the character choice.
    If that happened, for the first time in MOTUC, I'd vote 200x. I like the character, but the Filmation version was quite inferior to 200x/MYP.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The thing is sculpted, if a pre-order goes through, then the money is there for it to be made....
    Why would you assume they would have the money for a pre-order when TG already stated they do not? The only way they would have the money is if they charged everyone upfront the cost of it and then made in non-refundable. Otherwise they would have to find a large chunk of change that would be committed for over a year before they saw a return.

Why would you assume they would have the money for a pre-order when TG already stated they do not? The only way they would have the money is if they charged everyone upfront the cost of it and then made in non-refundable. Otherwise they would have to find a large chunk of change that would be committed for over a year before they saw a return.
    They did it with Grayskull.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a huge fan of SDCC attendees choosing one or two figures to be part of the 2014 subscription.

Wouldn't it be preferable to allow the actual subscribers to choose the figures at a later stage (i.e. once the subscription sales have closed)? Unless the "one or two figures" form part of some other release like a mini-subscription or quarterly two-packs. But, even then, it seems like a recipe for fan outrage.

If the attendees are simply choosing a "deco" (i.e. Filmation or 200X), then at least that is similar to the Panthor and Swiftwind votes, although even those votes obviously caused quite an uproar regarding the results.

Does anyone else think if they did the Battle Ram first, we'd have another vehicle today?
    No,

The Wind raider was in almost every show of the series, and it was repacked with figures in the 80's...it was 'The Vehicle' ...the battle ram is a very close second.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    No,

The Wind raider was in almost every show of the series, and it was repacked with figures in the 80's...it was 'The Vehicle' ...the battle ram is a very close second.
    Yes but more would've bought multiple Battle Rams just for the Sky Sled.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They did it with Grayskull.
    And look how smooth that process has been.

Well, they put up a pre-order. It got enough bites. The end.

We can all be unhappy about them changing the deal, but really the approval process was completely smooth.

A PO costs very little to if anything to enstate, only when the PO goes through will they go into the actually money spending process....for design, and tooling.

And Mattel is not hardly going to go bankrupt waiting for a year to recoup guaranteed sales. They're not some Mom and Pop toy manufacturers....

No,

I know, I loved Filmation, but I even I would have bought the Battle Ram over the Wind Raider, hell I'd have bought a Filmation (or even the regular toy version) Attack Trak over the Wind Raider....as it to me is much more iconic that the green flying machine.

Many were unhappy, but the Battle Ram is already sculpted, you know almost exatly what you're getting....Grayskull was sold off of a piece of paper with measurements that were changed a lot when the sculpt was finally revealed....huge difference.

I wouldn't be happy either if Mattel was holding almost $300 of my cash hostage for something I didn't feel lived up to the promises that were originally made....sure it could be the same for a Battle Ram, but the huge difference is....$60 or so compared to $300....

Likely a Battle Ram PO would be non-refundable (the Hoverboard was)....unlike Grayskull, simply, you'd know what you're getting, the sculpt has been done for years.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    If that happened, for the first time in MOTUC, I'd vote 200x. I like the character, but the Filmation version was quite inferior to 200x/MYP.
    I completely disagree. The Filmation version of Evilseed looks WAY better and would fit in with MOTUC line. The 200X designs stand out among all of the other figures. They just don't fit well. But, I don't think it is Evilseed we will be voting on.

I think the vote will be 200X King Miro VS Filmation King Miro. I've heard the rumor a while back that King Miro was originally planned for 2012, but got kicked out when they shifted figures to get Shadow Weaver in the line. So, he's already sculpted, supposedly. Then, Filmation King Miro is practically ready too, since most of his parts are already tooled with Filmation Randor. So he'd be easy to make.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Does anyone else think if they did the Battle Ram first, we'd have another vehicle today?
    Definitely. The whole strategy of vehicle release was thoroughly ill-advised and the unfortunate result should have been easily predictable (at least by a competent company). Not merely the release order (with the added insult of having teased the Battle Ram first and then refusing to release it), but also the choice to sell the WR out-of-sub instead of as a quarterly sub item (whereas similarly-priced multipacks/beasts seem perfectly OK for the sub in Mattel's view). I bet my bottom dollar many subscribers would have been much happier to pay $50 for a (jaw-droppingly detailed) WR, than the $60 they had to pay for their (hardly-resellable and questionably-implemented) Star Sisters.

No,

No, the Sky Sled/War Sled was 'The Vehicle', used by both the heroic and evil guys in army-building numbers and appearing in almost every Filmation episode.

Plus, they're two totally different kinds of vehicles. The WR is much wider than taller (i.e., harder to fit into many fans' displays), it's an aircraft that most people would like to display 'flying over something' rather than 'parked' (but the implementation of its flight stand wasn't optimal, even though the WR is among the best MotUC items ever released in almost every other aspect), and it's not a 'natural' army-builder (since it was most often shown flying singly). So most people wouldn't buy more than one (if one at all, given they were not required to).

In contrast, the Battle Ram is much taller than wider, it can be used as a land vehicle, and its flying Sky Sled part is small enough to fit into every display and was frequently shown in army-building groups. So many people are very likely to buy multiples.

That's not to say the WR isn't important. They're both (together with a few others, such as the Roton for the evil guys) much more important for the brand than most of the remaining vintage characters that are being given total priority by TG/Mattel (many of which are C-list at best). There are half-a-dozen or so A-list vehicles (basically, those up to the 2nd or 3rd vintage wave) that should be released for the line not to end up looking majorly lacking. Vehicles were an integral and iconic part of the brand since its very beginning, and in this respect the Battle Ram is (so to speak) an '8-back' (in fact, it's the only first-wave vintage item still unreleased in MotUC).

Seriously, a MotU line that features such obscurities as Vykron and The Might Spector, but that may eventually wrap up lacking essential items like the Battle Ram (or Snake Mountain, for that matter), would leave a bitter aftertaste.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Yes but more would've bought multiple Battle Rams just for the Sky Sled.
    This.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    I have ALWAYS thought this! Wind Raiders were good "all-purpose" generic flying vehicles, but to me it never had any character. Now the Attack Trak....

Many were unhappy, but the Battle Ram is already sculpted, you know almost exatly what you're getting....Grayskull was sold off of a piece of paper with measurements that were changed a lot when the sculpt was finally revealed....huge difference.

I wouldn't be happy either if Mattel was holding almost $300 of my cash hostage for something I didn't feel lived up to the promises that were originally made....sure it could be the same for a Battle Ram, but the huge difference is....$60 or so compared to $300....

Likely a Battle Ram PO would be non-refundable (the Hoverboard was)....unlike Grayskull, simply, you'd know what you're getting, the sculpt has been done for years.
    Yes, exactly. Case Closed.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    "NOOOOOO!!!!!" I literally said as I read that part about fans at SDCC voting for one of two characters. I hope that's the reaction Mattel anticipated, as fans have been upset people at SDCC get to choose COLOUR SCHEMES of figures...but now entire characters?!

I fear this will turn into Mattel saying "We keep trying to get Illumina into the line, but the fans keep voting otherwise..."

You know, regardless of how the voting actually goes. Panthor (not flocked), Swiftwind (not Royal Swiftwind), Man-E-Faces (not really half and half), Illumina vs Geldor (Geldor was announced the winner by 20 votes before the voting had been completed)...

The only actual MOTUC-related voting that Mattel stayed true to, was making Granamyr red.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 18, 2013 at 12:59am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yet again, Matty puts FAR too much importance into SDCC.

Would people be upset if just the sky sled were offered? Perhaps with accessories? Maybe they can swing that.

Is anyone else concerned that Scott has said in the Q&A's from Hordak.de and that on Matty's description of the sub it says that the focus will he on wrapping up:

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 18, 2013 at 01:42am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app