Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (6/17/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Would people be upset if just the sky sled were offered? Perhaps with accessories? Maybe they can swing that.

Is anyone else concerned that Scott has said in the Q&A's from Hordak.de and that on Matty's description of the sub it says that the focus will he on wrapping up:

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    I would prefer just the sky sleds actually. More affordable, take up less space, were a staple of the cartoon.....I'd buy a handful for sure.

Is anyone else concerned that Scott has said in the Q&A's from Hordak.de and that on Matty's description of the sub it says that the focus will he on wrapping up:

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    I caught that too. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm concerned... But yes, it did catch my attention and I'm hoping him saying "line" wasn't an intentional omission of the letter "s".
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Would people be upset if just the sky sled were offered? Perhaps with accessories? Maybe they can swing that.

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    I think it's clear. They can't do everything in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I think it's clear. They can't do everything in 2 years.
    True, they can't do everything in just two years but the talk had been for some time that the new "All Star" plan would include all vintage MOTU and POP (not counting variants) getting released by end of 2015. So while they can't get to everything in that timeline, getting those two vintage lines at the very least felt like a strong possibility. Doing those 2 lines (minus variants) would be possible by 2015 (and would leave a few spots left for your Scorpias, Razzes, Hydrons, Floggs, etc).
    TOP 44 WANTS

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    True, they can't do everything in just two years but the talk had been for some time that the new "All Star" plan would include all vintage MOTU and POP (not counting variants) getting released by end of 2015. So while they can't get to everything in that timeline, getting those two vintage lines at the very least felt like a strong possibility. Doing those 2 lines (minus variants) would be possible by 2015 (and would leave a few spots left for your Scorpias, Razzes, Hydrons, Floggs, etc).
    He HAS said that 2014 would have a lot of POP. Whether that means the line gets finished in 2015 is another question, but they are apparently taking that section seriously this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I fear this will turn into Mattel saying "We keep trying to get Illumina into the line, but the fans keep voting otherwise..."lol:
    Yep! This was my first thought as well. But my quote was "Here's Geldor, the fan's choice winner, and since Illumina lost by juuuuust 27 votes, we really only thought it was fair to give her another chance to let the fans vote her into the line, so it's Illumina vs. 'insert name of whatever the most wanted figure that isn't part of the line up yet' here."

I bought a Wind Raider but would not have bought and will not buy a Battle Ram. I like the design and everything and had one as a kid but I disagree that it is more iconic. I hope we get one down the line for those that want one however. I accept what they say though, unless Scott is wanting to surprise us with it out of nowhere I think fans have done everything they can do to try and get them to change their mind at this point.

If as somebody suggested we see Evilseed as the choice figure then I would vote MYP - Still think it will be between NA Skeletor's two figure forms though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    He has said in the past that when he uses the term "vintage line" he is referring to figures that were already made.
    Now, I wish he would say "vintage lineS" because it is a little fishy sounding.

I certainly do hope (if he is talking about just the vintage line...that the vintage line is MOTU/POP all together as one line).

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Unless something has majorly changed, I think the "vintage line" still includes POP and possibly NA mainstays. At the very least, I can't see them not revealing Scorpia at SDCC to promote the subs, and also can't see them skipping some of the main characters like glimmer and Angella, given that the big names in POP like Bow have done just fine sales-wise. I wouldn't read anything into a missing "s" at this point.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Unless something has majorly changed, I think the "vintage line" still includes POP and possibly NA mainstays. At the very least, I can't see them not revealing Scorpia at SDCC to promote the subs, and also can't see them skipping some of the main characters like glimmer and Angella, given that the big names in POP like Bow have done just fine sales-wise. I wouldn't read anything into a missing "s" at this point.
    Good point about Scorpia.

How do you think her tail will be handled? Do you think it'll be like Whiplash's and have one swivel or do you think it'll be on a ball joint? I'm hoping it's on a ball joint because I'd like to be able to position it over her head like a scorpion. Also, will her hands be like Clawful or will they give us new claws that open and close? I'm really looking forward to her.

Matty and the 4H have been incredibly true to the Filmation design on the characters so far so I imagine Scorpia would have new sculpted claws ... but I personally doubt the claws will be articulated to open and close as no other MOTUC hands have been so - except of course for Clawful's massive action feature claw.

Like others, I'm fearful of the SDCC vote choosing between two figures. I'd trust SDCC crowd with a choice between 2 NA figures but that would be about it! I hope TG confirms that whoever is not successful would still be a chance for release if the line lives on into 2016.

I don't see Filmation vs 200x Evilseed as a viable choice, as they should be able to release both versions in one with removable cloak and swapable heads. Modern Miro vs Filmation Miro is no competition IMO. I could see Matty line up Veena vs Illumina or FF He-Man vs TC Skeletor or even Ice Armor He-Man.

There will be emotion if SDCC attendees get to choose between 2 unreleased characters. That would be a lose-lose scenario.

I do wonder if there is any chance the choice could be of beast figures - say Clawdeen vs Battle Lion?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    I have ALWAYS thought this! Wind Raiders were good "all-purpose" generic flying vehicles, but to me it never had any character. Now the Attack Trak....
    This is what I'm saying....I'm all for the Attack Trak, I loved the Vintage one (the only vehicle I had as a kid), and I really love the Filmation version....I mean he was sentient....the Wind Raider....was not.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    He HAS said that 2014 would have a lot of POP. Whether that means the line gets finished in 2015 is another question, but they are apparently taking that section seriously this year.
    It's possible we'll see a POP sub....I doubt very much out of 12 main figures we'll see more POP than Vintage MOTU....that hasn't happened, and I doubt POP will ever outweigh Vintage MOTU in the main sub, unless there's no MOTU left, which there are plenty.

I don't doubt we'll have news about add on subs or something.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Matty and the 4H have been incredibly true to the Filmation design on the characters so far so I imagine Scorpia would have new sculpted claws ... but I personally doubt the claws will be articulated to open and close as no other MOTUC hands have been so - except of course for Clawful's massive action feature claw.
    Most likely you're correct...but in staying with the Filmation design...she was always "snapping" her claws. Bow and NA He-Man got new wrists...if they're sculpting new claws...it could happen.

Heroic Warrior

"The vintage line?"

Not lines. Line.

I wish he would clarify.
    I'm pretty sure that the only line he has "guaranteed" to finish is the vintage MOTU line. The rest would be key characters from other lines. I imagine that for POP we might miss a figure like Double Trouble before the end of 2015 because she has no media support. He's also basically said that the more generic-looking NA heroes are off the table before 2016. I can support that, to a degree even though I want everything, including Dare and other Son of He-Man stuff. I do hope that we can still get Master Sebrian and Mara. Mara is more likely.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't doubt we'll have news about add on subs or something.
    TG has said online already that there will not be a mini MOTU sub revealed at SDCC this year. That doesn't mean there won't be one revealed elsewhere (like the Filmation sub was revealed at Toy Fair) but he has stated it won't be offered at SDCC and it potentially getting offered later would depend heavily on rather or not the main line subscription sales are strong enough to justify it.
    TOP 44 WANTS

TG has said online already that there will not be a mini MOTU sub revealed at SDCC this year. That doesn't mean there won't be one revealed elsewhere (like the Filmation sub was revealed at Toy Fair) but he has stated it won't be offered at SDCC and it potentially getting offered later would depend heavily on rather or not the main line subscription sales are strong enough to justify it.
    ...and it's a very smart move. You don't want a mini-sub to take away sales from the main sub. Delaying a mini-sub will allow customers to focus on the main sub...and then give Mattel some "surprise" news later on.

Plus...if the sales just barely make it for the main sub, they can axe the mini-sub and nobody would even know about it.

I'm not saying that, but I'm saying that the POP in the main line will not outweigh the Vintage MOTU....I didn't say we'll see an add on at SDCC....and likely 2014 will go through enough, at least as much as 2013 did....so we'll likely see another add on sub....

And besides, Scott says many things, and later says something different, like SOH was not to be in last months EA sale....then he was, maybe a last minute thing, but he was still included, but was said he wouldn't be.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

I do wonder if there is any chance the choice could be of beast figures - say Clawdeen vs Battle Lion?
    I'll be there, and Clawdeen would definitely get my vote out of those 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm not saying that, but I'm saying that the POP in the main line will not outweigh the Vintage MOTU....I didn't say we'll see an add on at SDCC....and likely 2014 will go through enough, at least as much as 2013 did....so we'll likely see another add on sub....

And besides, Scott says many things, and later says something different, like SOH was not to be in last months EA sale....then he was, maybe a last minute thing, but he was still included, but was said he wouldn't be.
    I think we'll see some out of sub POP releases in 2014, maybe just one or two, but I think that's how we'll get a bump in that category.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

As much as I love getting new figures we haven't seen in figure form, I hope the vote is for something vintage. Because if the line might not last beyond 2014, I would rather get Rotar over Veena or Illumina.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Put up two more site's questions.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

1- If there are Time Agents (like Spector) in the service of King he-Man, you can extrapolate that there must therefore be someone else out there that the agents are there to protect us from (*i.e. someone or some faction that is “messing” with time if you will)

2- How do you know that is John Spector in the vortex suit? Maybe it is, maybe it is someone else.
    Just food for thought.

It sounds to me like a villain stole the The Mighty Spector's suit and is using it to change history; for example, taking Skeleteen into the future.

I like it. Hopefully this means that John Spector is no more, and the guy in the purple & yellow outfit is now a villain permanently.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    1- If there are Time Agents (like Spector) in the service of King he-Man, you can extrapolate that there must therefore be someone else out there that the agents are there to protect us from (*i.e. someone or some faction that is “messing” with time if you will)

Seriously Scott, I hope Paramount pictures is building a lawsuit as I write this as you are doing nothing but stealing stories from them among others. Star Trek Enterprise: had this whole concept about time agents protecting us from evil factions messing with the time line. It's been done. I really hope your not proud of yourself as you go along making up these bios that you plagiarize.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post

Seriously Scott, I hope Paramount pictures is building a lawsuit as I write this as you are doing nothing but stealing stories from them among others. Star Trek Enterprise: had this whole concept about time agents protecting us from evil factions messing with the time line. It's been done. I really hope your not proud of yourself as you go along making up these bios that you plagiarize.
    I think the "time agent" thing is so well done by now that you can't possibly call it plagiarism. Too many stories out there either revolve around "time agents" of a sort or at least there are many cartoons through the years that touch on a time traveling theme and happen to include an agent that tries to keep the time stream nice 'n neat. Heck I came up with a ton of crap like that when I was a kid.

There's a certain point where a concept is so well known that you can't really "steal" it. Is this a simplistic form of it? Sure. But I ain't askin' for danged award winning stories here.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think the "time agent" thing is so well done by now that you can't possibly call it plagiarism. Too many stories out there either revolve around "time agents" of a sort or at least there are many cartoons through the years that touch on a time traveling theme and happen to include an agent that tries to keep the time stream nice 'n neat. Heck I came up with a ton of crap like that when I was a kid.

There's a certain point where a concept is so well known that you can't really "steal" it. Is this a simplistic form of it? Sure. But I ain't askin' for danged award winning stories here.
    DC Comics has done it too. These are not original ideas. And I'm sorry, but it's not good writing.

Ready for it? Insert coin. Pull lever. Response generated: Keep reading the bios and mini comics!

I hope this means that we will get more mini comics

Regarding the Battle Ram...while I would LOVE to get it, at this point I will agree with other posts that have suggested a Sky Sled. A Sky Sled would rock!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.