Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grayskulling contest! Win a 2014 subscription!

Grayskulling contest! Win a 2014 subscription!

First there was planking, now there's Grayskulling...

Take a photo of yourself holding something over your head, he-Man style, and maybe win a free subscription. Could be very fun!

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...-subscription/
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Mattel sounds pretty confident that the 2014 sub is going to go through . . . Why else would they market a contest like this?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Mattel sounds pretty confident that the 2014 sub is going to go through . . . Why else would they market a contest like this?
    Gunshots. What happens if the sub does NOT go through (like it won't)?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Gunshots. What happens if the sub does NOT go through (like it won't)?
    5. PRIZES: Prize consists of a complimentary one year subscription to 2014 Club Eternia® and the Winner’s entry posted on MattyCollector.com. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent of prizes allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The 2014 Club Eternia® will be comprised of 12 monthly figures with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $300 (12 figures @ ARV of $25/figure = ARV $300), 4 beasts/variants/multi- packs (1 each with ARVs at $25, $38, $38, $40 = $141), 1 “year-end” item (1 @ ARV of $35), and a $25 ARV membership fee that covers one club-exclusive figure. The total ARV is $501 and includes the cost of shipping to a single location.

It looks like they can substitute for a prize of equal or greater value
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Just wondering if anyone knows if we can post the pics anywhere that we submitted in this contest. I know that we couldn't with the create a character contest, but I didn't see anywhere that is said we cant in this contest.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Woohoo I'm so not going to take such a picture.
    Why? I'm from Germany...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Win a 2014 subscription!
    That's not really a "win", if you ask me, but rather the source of constant stress and headaches !

Checking every month that DR's inept services sent you the right figure(s), dealing with the customer disservice every time there was an issue or a blunder, dealing with bad postal services, erratic postal ways, crazy shipping prices and customs (for international fans) is FAR from being a "win" in my book...

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Why is it you feel the need to be negative about everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    That's not really a "win", if you ask me, but rather the source of constant stress and headaches !

Checking every month that DR's inept services sent you the right figure(s), dealing with the customer disservice every time there was an issue or a blunder, dealing with bad postal services, erratic postal ways, crazy shipping prices and customs (for international fans) is FAR from being a "win" in my book...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm NOT "negative" about "everything". I voice my opinion on a forum, which is the precise goal of a forum or message board ! Sometimes my opinion may seem positive, sometimes it may not seem so. Being on a forum, I guess you should try to live with it. You should learn to respect other people's opinions.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    *Stumbles in front of doorway, "Grayskulls" half empty liquor bottle*
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I'm NOT "negative" about "everything". I voice my opinion on a forum, which is the precise goal of a forum or message board ! Sometimes my opinion may seem positive, sometimes it may not seem so. Being on a forum, I guess you should try to live with it. You should learn to respect other people's opinions.
    It's fine that you voice your opinion. Just as they voiced their opinion in saying your "opinion" is always negative. They want to know why. Even this reply came off as rude and arrogant. There is no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Because he is Lord Prahvus! Warlord of the plains of Eternia!

FEAR HIS WRATH!!!!

...or you shall be his next victim to be ground under the boot of his marauding army!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I get told the same thing....if people actually read my posts they would see otherwise....but people always read into things what they want....

Many times here.....Being realistic = negativity....if you're not doing a happy dance over what others think is acceptable or no big deal....you're being negative....

Not thinking like others is frowned upon....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Shouldn't the act be called "Power Swording", "He-Manning" (or "She-Ra-ing") or some other such term more specific to the action rather than non-specific "Grayskulling"? I would figure Grayskulling would involve standing still with your mouth open...which would invite all sorts of problems.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Okay, I read posts from you all the time and I really don't feel like you come off as a negative poster. Others do.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I get told the same thing....if people actually read my posts they would see otherwise....but people always read into things what they want....

Many times here.....Being realistic = negativity....if you're not doing a happy dance over what others think is acceptable or no big deal....you're being negative....

Not thinking like others is frowned upon....

Guys, please stick to the topic of the thread rather than making the thread about each other. thanks.

I have a great idea and can't wait to submit my entry! This is a fun contest

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Sadly, I had the same reaction as Prahvus. I'd love to enter the contest and save some money if I win, but having to deal with DR again is enough to make me pass. It's not being negative, it's simply a reflection of how poor a reputation the site has unfortunately earned.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

master of hiphop
    and i'm from Canada... i'll never understand why they do this... UNREAL!

i bet 50%+ of the fan base if not more are from overseas and Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Woohoo I'm so not going to take such a picture.
    Why? I'm from Germany...
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I almost forgot about this... (New baby in the house hehe).
    Luckily I got it submitted last night...I just hope it gets processed because it was at like 10:30.

Who entered?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows if we can post the pics anywhere that we submitted in this contest. I know that we couldn't with the create a character contest, but I didn't see anywhere that is said we cant in this contest.
    That's a good question but if you are disqualified for posting the picture, it completely goes against what all of these "planking" type photos are all about. That being said, this is Mattel and legal...so your guess is as good as mine until we hear from Mattel/TG

Was going to enter, but got distracted.... Good luck to those who entered.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I had a lot of fun "Grayskulling". My wife and I came up with some very creative ideas and therefor I entered 5 times (as you were allowed to enter once per day).
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I had a lot of fun "Grayskulling". My wife and I came up with some very creative ideas and therefor I entered 5 times (as you were allowed to enter once per day).
    Awesome! I can't wait to see them (after we find out if we can show them hehe)
    I only did one but I had fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Awesome! I can't wait to see them (after we find out if we can show them hehe)
    I only did one but I had fun doing it.
    Yeah, I would share them, but afraid I would be disqualified so I'm going to wait for more info from matty. It would be cool if matty shared some of the entries with us.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I entered last night as well. Didn't realize you could enter more than once or I probably woulda! It was entertaining last night. My friend who has no interest in the toys even entered. Told me when he wins I can just pick them up at his house.