Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterly shipping option for 2014 sub

Quarterly shipping option for 2014 sub

It seems we now have the option to get our items shipped quarterly to save on shipping.

I am international and like the idea but with some of the issues in the past (fisto etc) I think I want my figures posted to me ASAP. Also, I like getting some new toys each month.

Wonder what everyone else thinks?

8 figures a month have to wait, simce we get shipped 4 times, four of those figures can be checked right away! Fisto is the only time in the 5 years that there was a strange shortage, despite everything else that has happened in the line - QC etc, that has only happened once in 5 years!

The option is different, it is international express, not DHL...that may be a VERY GOOD CHANGE!!!

The quarterly option is $30 cheaper per shippment, and faster, and no matter which option is taken, the package value will be high enough to get customs charges either way. I would much rather save $30 and have my figures arrive in 24 hours from being shipped!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; June 17, 2013 at 10:32pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    So when I go to order the quarterly shipping option, the total comes to $198.99.

how much of that will actually leave my account? How much is a pre-auth?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I'll be using the quarterly system. I always felt like shipping one figure at a time was a huge financial waist especially when there was only one figure per month, so had they given us the option I would have been doing this all along.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

I do hope a lot of people take advantage of this. It has been highly asked for over the last couple of years. I would hate to see it get canned in the future if not enough people sign up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I do hope a lot of people take advantage of this. It has been highly asked for over the last couple of years. I would hate to see it get canned in the future if not enough people sign up for it.
    I can't imagine many international fans will opt for monthly at this point. The question is...
    Is this option keeping subbers that otherwise would have stopped due to $$$$????
    And will it possibly turn some cherry pickers into subbers??????
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Hopefully with this option, it will bring back some International customers who backed out this year due to the shipping costs.

This is an amazing addition and if it costs out I will fully be taking advantage of it.

When/where was this announced?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    This is an amazing addition and if it costs out I will fully be taking advantage of it.

When/where was this announced?
    http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...0#.Ub_GE_myCSo

Whooo! I had hoped this exact thing would happen. I'm all for it. I can wait three months to save on shipping.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

i am thinking about doing the quarterly shipping option.
    but i am worry that DR and Mattel will mess it up.
    something like the Fisto problem.
    after 3 months, send an email to me says we don't have Glimmer or whoever in stock anymore and you will not get her.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    i am thinking about doing the quarterly shipping option.
    but i am worry that DR and Mattel will mess it up.
    something like the Fisto problem.
    after 3 months, send an email to me says we don't have Glimmer or whoever in stock anymore and you will not get her.
    I highly doubt that would happen.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I will be opting for the monthly....I have a hell of a time waiting....2012 killed me because there were a few months I didn't buy anything like when SLL was offered....and I had to wait 2 months for something new to be bought and arrive....I love seeing my collection grow month by month to much to wait.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

How does it actually work? Do they bill you monthly for the figures and then only charge you for shipping once a quarter? Or do they charge all at once, once per quarter?

And what if one signed up for one monthly sub and one quarterly sub? Would every fourth figure get combined shipping or would the two subs be shipped separately on the common months?

I can't do the quarterly option because i love getting new MOTU every month. My other concern is there being an issue with a figure and not being able to return it for an exchange.

I love to save on shipping I'm in on it!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    How does it actually work? Do they bill you monthly for the figures and then only charge you for shipping once a quarter? Or do they charge all at once, once per quarter?

And what if one signed up for one monthly sub and one quarterly sub? Would every fourth figure get combined shipping or would the two subs be shipped separately on the common months?
    " You’ll still get all the 2014 club releases but we’ll hold them in our warehouse then ship and bill them every three months"

I myself am really torn... I like getting my figures monthly BUT when I look at the last six months:

JAN - NETOSSA: $9.90 Shipping
    FEB - RAM MAN/JITSU: $11.05 Shipping
    MAR - FANG-MAN/KING HE-MAN: $12.20 Shipping

1st Quarter: $33.15 Shipping Total

APR - SNAKE FACE: $9.90 Shipping
    MAY - FIGHTING FOE MEN/KARATTI: $9.35 Shipping (I do not understand how this was was so much cheaper than the rest - was there a $5 credit toward shipping in May? I seem to remember something but I am not sure)
    JUN - OCTAVIA: $9.90 Shipping

2nd Quarter: $29.15 Total

That's $62.30 Shipping total for two quarters... The question is how much WOULD each batch have cost if they were originally shipped together and how much money would I have saved if this option was available last year?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I can't do the quarterly option because i love getting new MOTU every month. My other concern is there being an issue with a figure and not being able to return it for an exchange.
    This too, since they only give you 30 days from the time the crap ships....which for international buyers....sucks ass anyway....

I know you'd get the same 30 days, but 3 months later.... CS could be gone if a figure is made in low numbers by then. Who knows....it could happen, and I'm not taking that chance....it is DR after all.

Plus who's to say DR can get shipping stuff every 3 months right....pass for me....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I myself am really torn... I like getting my figures monthly BUT when I look at the last six months:

JAN - NETOSSA: $9.90 Shipping
    FEB - RAM MAN/JITSU: $11.05 Shipping
    MAR - FANG-MAN/KING HE-MAN: $12.20 Shipping

1st Quarter: $33.15 Shipping Total

APR - SNAKE FACE: $9.90 Shipping
    MAY - FIGHTING FOE MEN/KARATTI: $9.35 Shipping (I do not understand how this was was so much cheaper than the rest - was there a $5 credit toward shipping in May? I seem to remember something but I am not sure)
    JUN - OCTAVIA: $9.90 Shipping

2nd Quarter: $29.15 Total

That's $62.30 Shipping total for two quarters... The question is how much WOULD each batch have cost if they were originally shipped together and how much money would I have saved if this option was available last year?
    My shipping for Fang Man & King He-Man was only $11.05....they did a refund for the map.

It's going to cost probably around $20 a quarter....you'll save about $10 bucks a quarter. Depends on if there's 3 - 6 figures....

6 figures right now is like $16 USPS....factor in extra for DR holding stock.... 5 figures is $15....and that's roughly what it will be....of course 2-packs will be more....

Honestly for $12 - $15 bucks every 3 months I'll just keep getting them monthly. Those that would benefit would likely be International buyers and those that buy multiple subs.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 18, 2013 at 12:47am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

While this option will help customers in the US some of the shipping costs...I think it is targeted at all international customers that have extra customs and taxes added to thier packages. The Quarterly option will save international customers quite a bit of money...just looking at the sub order...roughly over $30 to start...and with one order there is only one customs / duty charge! - that can be $20 a quarter as well.

A lot of International customers quit this line this year because of the shipping AND additional costs...this should bring a lot of them back. BBTS has made thier online rep because INT customers love the 'pile of loot' shipping option...it is a huge savings!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    I'll be using the quarterly system. I always felt like shipping one figure at a time was a huge financial waist especially when there was only one figure per month, so had they given us the option I would have been doing this all along.
    I agree, and with you and I living so close to the dang distribution center I really feel like I can just drive out to onterio and get by figures. HA!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

As an Aussie couldn't convince myself is was a bad idea to sign up for a 2014 sub.....1/4 shipping is way too good an option. I had to pull the trigger

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    As much as I love getting a new figure each month, I think I'll have to go with the quarterly option to save on money - I just hope DR don't screw up.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Save your money and ship quarterly. You can still get screwed out of a figure if you buy monthly.

There's no guarantee you'll get a new figure. I joined the first Infinite Earths club just to get the Atrocitus figure. Mine came with two left thigh pieces. I returned it immediately and was told it was sold out. No replacement, just a refund.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

There is a little problem with the quarterly option... If I can save on shipping, I need to know exactly how much. Two or three figures in a packet usually arrive without custom fees... bigger packages with 7-8 figures will surely be stung by customs... if saving on shipping compensates the customs costs I would choose quarterly but need to know the costs in advance...