Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarterly shipping option for 2014 sub

now im confused, if you get these quartely do you pay for them monthly as paying for loads all in one month seems hard

also does anyone know how it will work in the uk, large items have big customs charges, would these be worse than the cost of shipping monthly

I'm down for quarterly shipping as long as it saves on shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I myself am really torn... I like getting my figures monthly BUT when I look at the last six months:

JAN - NETOSSA: $9.90 Shipping
    FEB - RAM MAN/JITSU: $11.05 Shipping
    MAR - FANG-MAN/KING HE-MAN: $12.20 Shipping

1st Quarter: $33.15 Shipping Total

The question is how much WOULD each batch have cost if they were originally shipped together and how much money would I have saved if this option was available last year?
    I think shipping is $9.90 for the first figure, then $1.15 for each additional figure. Q1 would have cost $14.50 in shipping had it been combined, so at a guess you'd save around $15-$18 each quarter. It will depend on what the quarterly items are I guess... I think FFM counted as 3 items, but we got the $4 discount to offset that. Even if it's a giant or vehicle, I bet there would still only be $3-$4 difference, so at the least I think you'd save $15 per quarter for definate.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    ill be going with quarterly as well. it will basically work out to one or two free figures for the year. thats worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    now im confused, if you get these quartely do you pay for them monthly as paying for loads all in one month seems hard

also does anyone know how it will work in the uk, large items have big customs charges, would these be worse than the cost of shipping monthly
    Yes you pay for them when they ship, so you will be billed in March, June, September and December.

To break it down you pay $25 now for the club exclusive, then: March = $115, June = $113, September = $100 and December = $148. Though that's without shipping. I think I read someone say shipping was around $58.99 for the first quarter, but that's for 5 items (sub exclusive is the 5th item) whereas Q2 and Q3 will have 4 items. Q4 also has 5 items, including the holiday item priced at $35. I guess your looking at an average of $60 per quarter for shipping.

With the figures now at $25 each, technically every monthly package should get slapped with a VAT fee. Shipping them quarterly will attract the same VAT charge either way. However you save a lot on shipping and you will only pay ONE customs handling fee per quarter (as opposed to 3 per quarter if you go for monthly shipping!)
    Last edited by blackiecats; June 18, 2013 at 02:56pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

With the amount of times I've been hit by customs fees lately, anything that reduces the amount of 'handling' fees I have to pay is a major plus. So while I haven't signed up yet, when I do it'll be for quarterly shipping.

I'll be calculating, but I plan on using quarterly, with DHL shipping. The US and the EU have just begun talks about a free trade agreement, and while I don't think this will go into effect this quickly, there might be no customs charges in 2014 at all...
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    I'll be calculating, but I plan on using quarterly, with DHL shipping. The US and the EU have just begun talks about a free trade agreement, and while I don't think this will go into effect this quickly, there might be no customs charges in 2014 at all...
    That would be great but while the negotiations have started with a positively will to reach an agreement, a resolution wouldn't be
    taken until the end of 2014 to be applied starting on January 2015

I'm just wondering what kind of "deal" the price will work out to be for internationals. I think quarterly is a fantastic idea but it'll depend now it costs out and stuff.

For example, the way shipping works now, each additional figure adds roughly $8 to the total shipping. So per quarter you'd assumedly be looking at $13+8+8+8=$37.

Without quarterly, it'd be $13 per figure every month, so $13x4=$52.

So assuming that's how it works, it definitely does save a bit. But then you factor the guaranteed customs and it might even work out to the same.

I dunno.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

When I order my 2014 sub next week I'll be definitely opting for the quarterly shipping. This will save a nice chunk of change over the whole year. Awesome job Mattel!

HUGE step in the right direction IMO.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Save your money and ship quarterly. You can still get screwed out of a figure if you buy monthly.

There's no guarantee you'll get a new figure. I joined the first Infinite Earths club just to get the Atrocitus figure. Mine came with two left thigh pieces. I returned it immediately and was told it was sold out. No replacement, just a refund.
    Has this been officially addressed? With the monthly option still in place for some of the subbers, as well, how are they going to deal with returns if the oldest figure in the pile is the one that needs replacing?

It's a good option for the international folks especially, but the above could be a problem.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Has this been officially addressed? With the monthly option still in place for some of the subbers, as well, how are they going to deal with returns if the oldest figure in the pile is the one that needs replacing?

It's a good option for the international folks especially, but the above could be a problem.
    They'll assure us otherwise, but this is a real issue. Especially with production numbers lower than they used to be, if a figure has an issue you could see people go without a replacement. And if the Fisto fiasco showed us anything, its that Matty has no problem saying, "Our bad, but too bad."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I myself am really torn... I like getting my figures monthly BUT when I look at the last six months:

JAN - NETOSSA: $9.90 Shipping
    FEB - RAM MAN/JITSU: $11.05 Shipping
    MAR - FANG-MAN/KING HE-MAN: $12.20 Shipping

1st Quarter: $33.15 Shipping Total

APR - SNAKE FACE: $9.90 Shipping
    MAY - FIGHTING FOE MEN/KARATTI: $9.35 Shipping (I do not understand how this was was so much cheaper than the rest - was there a $5 credit toward shipping in May? I seem to remember something but I am not sure)
    JUN - OCTAVIA: $9.90 Shipping

2nd Quarter: $29.15 Total

That's $62.30 Shipping total for two quarters... The question is how much WOULD each batch have cost if they were originally shipped together and how much money would I have saved if this option was available last year?
    I think you'd save roughly half of it. So you mentioned $62.50 for both quarters. I believe that for EACH batch it'd be about $15 to ship. So yeah....you'd save ~$30.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just do the monthly. If something is wrong with my figures I'd like to return it ASAP instead of 3 months later especially if they have none left. But this option is a good idea for international fans & even customers who buy 10+ subs.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool option to have no doubt. I went with monthly, but for my second one I'm going with quarterly when I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

I, along with someone else, posed this question to Scott over on the Matty forums. I am curious if they'll both get ignored, or if he'll have some sort of answer for us. I won't sub up until I know that they've AT LEAST considered the possibility of quarterly subbers not being able to replace older defects and have given the situation some sort of consideration in advance. Already there's someone here trying to replace a janky Octavia to be told that they aren't sure if there's replacement stock available at all and that they'd just get a refund instead. And she only sold out two hours ago!

Sub ordered.

I went with this quarterly shipping option to save some shipping cash hopefully. Has anyone figured out what the savings would be for 1 sub shipped stateside?

I do admit. It's going to kill me to wait three months in between figures! But when the shipment comes it'll feel like Christmas or a Birthday... That'll be cool.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I did the math the other day, and I'd say I'm going to save roughly a hundred bucks for the year by choosing quarterly.
    I know what you mean about the wait in between shipments, but then think about it- you're getting a Castle Grayskull this December. 2014 can easily be spent changing your display around on a monthly basis and you probably won't be bored with what you have until the next batch of goodness arrives. At least, that's how I'm looking at it
    Plus, I remember the days of AFX shipping out each wave back in 2002, and those inbetween months do go by pretty fast when you have a bunch of figures arrive all at once.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Rather get my MOTUC fix every month rather than save $15 and wait 3 months.

This might be useful for international fans who get bent over by custom fees though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I did the math the other day, and I'd say I'm going to save roughly a hundred bucks for the year by choosing quarterly.
    I know what you mean about the wait in between shipments, but then think about it- you're getting a Castle Grayskull this December. 2014 can easily be spent changing your display around on a monthly basis and you probably won't be bored with what you have until the next batch of goodness arrives. At least, that's how I'm looking at it
    Plus, I remember the days of AFX shipping out each wave back in 2002, and those inbetween months do go by pretty fast when you have a bunch of figures arrive all at once.
    Thanks man, great way to look at it. Cannot wait for Grayskull!

Saving $100 or thereabouts sounds fantastic! I didn't think it would be that much, but looking at what shipping costs, I believe it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

This is tricky. I think I'll be going quarterly, but it will be pretty hard to wait. Oh well, as someone who was raised Catholic, the suffering will be good for my soul
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    This is tricky. I think I'll be going quarterly, but it will be pretty hard to wait. Oh well, as someone who was raised Catholic, the suffering will be good for my soul
    Haha agreed. I was trying to figure out how much it will save by going quarterly....not sure it will make that huge of a difference...depends on what they charge to move 3, 4 or 5 boxes though compared to one or two a month.....

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    I opted for monthly, like always. I *never* had an issue with the, admittedly, inflated shipping prices. My biggest issue is the duration it takes to get to you at that cost. I order stuff from California that arrives here in Pennsylvania on the 3rd day, USPS. This crap where it's coming in on a slow boat from China, hit's Mexico, some guy on a burro takes it up a hill, then they throw it over the fence to a UPS driver... THAT is what gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    The heck with that! Give this witch-boy some instant monthly gratification!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    I opted for monthly, like always. I *never* had an issue with the, admittedly, inflated shipping prices. My biggest issue is the duration it takes to get to you at that cost. I order stuff from California that arrives here in Pennsylvania on the 3rd day, USPS. This crap where it's coming in on a slow boat from China, hit's Mexico, some guy on a burro takes it up a hill, then they throw it over the fence to a UPS driver... THAT is what gets on my nerves.

The heck with that! Give this witch-boy some instant monthly gratification!
    Yep. I'm in PA too and it takes 11 days every time. I can get books and albums from the UK faster than that! And with cheaper shipping charges.

For me the answer is "I don't know". Bigger and more expensive packages always have customs. I prefer to pay more to matty than a lot for customs.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post

You will get billed every 3 months. The customs charge will actually be lower than if you were to pay a customs charge each and every month. The shipping will be lower than if you were to get monthly shipping.

It's a gamble you take whether or not you get charged a custom fee or not. So far, since I have been collecting - I have paid a customs charge every single month. So that makes no difference to me, in fact, the customs charge will be lower if I pay for 3 months worth of figures in 1 go rather than pay customs every month.

I'm definitely going quarterly.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"