Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarterly shipping option for 2014 sub

Please note that combined shipping will occur only after the first quarterly shipment has shipped. The first quarterly shipment for both 2014 Club Eternia® and 2014 Club Infinite Earths is expected to be in March 2014. They’ll ship separately in March then ship together each quarter thereafter starting in June.
    Anyone notice this? Do you think any other kind of multiple subscriptions would be shipped separately in the first quarter as well? Like multiple Club Eternia Subscriptions?

It doesn't seem like the savings are going to be all that substantial for customers in the states. Plus, I don't like the idea of my figures sitting around a hot, busy warehouse for any longer than they have to. Couple those concerns with the fact that I really enjoy getting my monthly delivery, and I'll be passing on the quarterly shipping.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Where is the DHL international option? Is it the same Int Express? Int Express and Int Postal cost the same which is pretty weird since Int Post takes over a month to ship :P

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Haven't read through the whole thread but are any of the new shipping options tracked?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Please note that combined shipping will occur only after the first quarterly shipment has shipped. The first quarterly shipment for both 2014 Club Eternia® and 2014 Club Infinite Earths is expected to be in March 2014. They’ll ship separately in March then ship together each quarter thereafter starting in June.
    Has anyone ever figured out why this is the way it is?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

2014 quarterly shipping - have you picked it?

Having a hard time deciding which shipping method I want. Have you ordered quarterly? Are you worried DR will mess it up? How much do you anticipate saving?

I'm not worried that DR will screw it up. I'm positive they will screw it up. Though they've gotten slightly better just this past year, I have every faith there will be at least one giant fiasco during next year.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I chose the quarterly option and I'm not really worried. If by chance I miss a figure, because of a screw up I'll just get it on the secondary market for a few bucks more. The quarterly shipping saves me around $60 bucks over the course of the year. With a lot of personal expenses next year it really helps relieve the pain of subbing.

I considered it, but decided against it. I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks, I need my figures nooooooooowwwwwwwww.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The extra money I will save using quarterly shipping will enable me to pick up an extra Modulok, so it was a no-brainer for me
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

had to choose monthly... cant see DR getting this right the first time around...id rather pay the xtra 60 per year and not hassle it..

IF folks are happy how this year turns out then perhaps i'll give a try next year...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior
    I chose Quarterly shipping. There is always the chance DR will screw up, but it seems Mattel learned from the Fisto fiasco, so I don't expect any problems getting figures. There's always the chance DR will screw up the monthly option as well. In fact, there's always the chance that DR can take any perfectly good system and ruin it.

Why we still can't combine shipping of day of sale items with sub orders is beyond me. Is it really that difficult. Companies that ship a lot more or a lot less can do it. Fixing this could be a real boost to confidence in the line. Oh well.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Nope, I won't be picking it, I want mine every month.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Has anyone got a quarterly AND a monthly?

Widget
    The Part that I don't get is when I sign up for the monthly subscription it only charges 25 and 25 for a total of 50.00 but when I go to the quarterly option ( which is supposed to save money) matty wants to charge 158.99?!? Shouldn't both options charge 25.00 and 25.00 and you'll see the savings throughout the course of the year. This is the main reason I have not bought my sub yet. Matty please fix this, I feel like Im Getting ripped off by purchasing the money saving option and being charged more. Anybody feel the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    The Part that I don't get is when I sign up for the monthly subscription it only charges 25 and 25 for a total of 50.00 but when I go to the quarterly option ( which is supposed to save money) matty wants to charge 158.99?!? Shouldn't both options charge 25.00 and 25.00 and you'll see the savings throughout the course of the year. This is the main reason I have not bought my sub yet. Matty please fix this, I feel like Im Getting ripped off by purchasing the money saving option and being charged more. Anybody feel the same way?
    That is correct. The monthly option only shows the sub exclusive fee ($25) and the Initial figure (Two-Bad, $25). The quarterly shipping option shows the first quarter items: Two-Bad ($25), Glimmer ($25), Modulok ($40), Hydron ($25) and the sub figure ($25). That totals $140 (guessing shipping is $18.99?)

However you only get charged right now for the sub exclusive figure ($25). The rest is only pre-authorized and should fall off your card bill after a couple of days. You only pay $25 right now for each sub you order. Then in March (when the quarterly option ships) you will be charged $115 + shipping (since you already paid $25 for the sub exclusive figure at the time of ordering the sub)

Hope that makes sense!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Sssqueeze, 5/Peekablue, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I chose Quarterly and hoping for the best! It's a savings of abotu $60 a year. Not HUGE, but every little bit helps. We'll see if I like it!

I'm still trying to decide. I can't quite decide if the "savings" as an international buyer are worth the potential pitfalls of Digital River.

Has anyone internationally gone with quarterly? What is the sign up cost? Any indication of what shipping will be?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If I do sub I'm torn whether to go monthly or quarterly from a cost standpoint.Won't I fare better selling my unwanted figures if I go monthly?After all the collector mentality is I must have it now.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    If I do sub I'm torn whether to go monthly or quarterly from a cost standpoint.Won't I fare better selling my unwanted figures if I go monthly?After all the collector mentality is I must have it now.
    That was my thinking too - I chose monthly in the end, also from a cost point of view, I'd rather pay something for MOTUC every month rather than one bulk payment. Also like you said, it would be easier to get rid of unwanted figures monthly - especially if they are hot items and have no DOS. Also I worked out quarterly compared to what I paid this year via DHL and the difference wasn't much.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I haven't subbed up yet, because I'm trying to decide if I want quarterly or monthly.

Here's my question...

I got 4 MOTUC and 2 DCIE subs last year. That meant I got a large shipping box with 4 MOTUC figures and 2 DCIE figures most months. And (about) every 3rd month, I'd get a box with 4 MOTUC, 2 DCIE and 4 MOTUC quarterly figures/beasts/2-packs in it.

So if I order 4 & 2 again this year, but order quarterly... will I just end up getting 3 large boxes, each with one month's worth of figures? I mean, they don't have a giant box that will fit 18 figures + 4 quarterly items, right?

I guess what I'm asking is, would the quarterly option actually save me money? They aren't going to charge me less for the 2nd and 3rd box just because they were shipped on the same day, are they?

Thanks for any insight in advance

I don't think they should charge you separately for different boxes. I think usually it's just a lump sum based on number of items. If you go for the quarterly option and put it in your cart, it'll give you a shipping total for the quarter that should give you a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't think they should charge you separately for different boxes. I think usually it's just a lump sum based on number of items. If you go for the quarterly option and put it in your cart, it'll give you a shipping total for the quarter that should give you a good idea.

After playing around on Matty, it looks like it's substantially cheaper to ship monthly. That's... a little weird. Am I missing something?

For 6 MOTUC and 2 DCIE...

Standard Ground
    Monthly = $19.99 x 3 = $59.97
    Quarterly = $71.99

USPS ground
    Monthly = $21.99 x 3 = $65.97
    Quarterly = $96.99

Monthly w/ Standard Ground

Monthly w/ UPS Ground

Quarterly w/ Standard Ground

Quarterly w/ UPS Ground

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    After playing around on Matty, it looks like it's substantially cheaper to ship monthly. That's... a little weird. Am I missing something?

For 6 MOTUC and 2 DCIE...

Standard Ground
    Monthly = $19.99 x 3 = $59.97
    Quarterly = $71.99

USPS ground
    Monthly = $21.99 x 3 = $65.97
    Quarterly = $96.99
    This doesn't seem right. I just did a similar comparison with my order (2 MOTU subs and 1 DC shipped USPS Ground) and based on the numbers the system was giving me it looks like I only saved $3 per quarter going quarterly. Hmmmm.... I mean as usual all the shipping prices seem inflated, but it seems like the quarterly shipping is particularly so.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I was surprised by the fact that if you sign up for the quarterly option they put a hold on the entire quarter's worth of figures. I realize that extra charge drops off in a couple of days, and in my case it's fine because I have plenty of money sitting in that account, but I could see this become an issue for some people if they were only had enough money free to cover the sign up fee.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor/Multibot
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma/Spinerella
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/OOLarr/Dare

I chose monthly cause after playing around with it I found that not only was I not going to save any money, but it looked like quarterly was gonna be a little more and then I'm also getting a big hit every 3 months rather than the spaced out little hit which is easier to budget. The big thing was not saving anything and having to wait longer to get my guys......so I chose monthly. I can see it saving International people (although maybe not after customs)....but it don't save me in Wisconsin.