View Poll Results: What is your favorite "recent" Batman animated cartoon series?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman the Animated series!

10 66.67%
  • The New Batman Adventures!

0 0%
  • Batman Beyond!

0 0%
  • The Batman!

1 6.67%
  • Batman the Brave and the Bold!

3 20.00%
  • Beware the Batman!

0 0%
  • I'm more old school (i.e. Super Friends, Batman 1968, etc..)

1 6.67%

Thread: What is your favorite "recent" Batman animated cartoon series?

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!

What is your favorite "recent" Batman animated cartoon series?

I have been going back and watching all of the more recent animated Batman series on DVD to get pumped for the Arkham Knight video game and the Animated version of The Killing Joke...

It got me thinking, there is so much to love about every one of these series that it is hard to decide on a favorite! Obviously Batman the Animated series has a HUGE cult following, and rightly so. Bruce Timm and Paul Dini single-handedly created the DC Animated Universe with this series.

But then there was so much more to follow! New designs, old throw-backs, comedy, action, suspense, traditional vs. CGI animation.... there is a lot to absorb.

So, what is your favorite recent Batman animated cartoon series?

Batman the Animated Series:

The New Batman Adventures (The Adventures of Batman & Robin):

Batman Beyond:

The Batman:

Batman the Brave and the Bold:

Beware the Batman:

Discuss below!
    Last edited by Ornclown; August 18, 2015 at 01:04am.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

It's a tough choice, the only one I didn't love was Beware the Batman and that's because I hardly got to see any of it
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015

I really like the older stuff and the first two, BTAS and TNBA are great and have led us to some ace figures but I have to go with the Brave And The Bold, not because of Batman but because of everyone else that showed up, we got The Freedom Fighters, The Metal Men, The Doom Patrol, Metamorpho, The JSA, the show was just chock full of my favourite comic book characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Faced with only the one choice, I went with the first one - the one that gave us Adam West's 'Grey Ghost' cameo!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Batman The Animated Series. Even after more than 20 years, it's still the greatest comic based cartoon ever.

I would have picked The Brave & the Bold if BTAS wasn't on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Batman The Animated Series. Even after more than 20 years, it's still the greatest comic based cartoon ever.
    I'll see your B:TAS and raise you one Justice League/Unlimited.

I'm personally torn between B:TAS and B:TBATB. I love the latter's roster of characters and fun, but the former is probably a better series.

After considering this for some time, I came to the conclusion that I just, overall, enjoy Batman the Brave and the Bold more than the other series on the list.

While I am a huge fan of Batman the Animated series, my next in line for "best" was Batman Beyond. Boy, did I ever fall in love with "old man Bruce" and Terry! This is such a good series and I looked forward to it every single week! I was so enamored with Batman Beyond that I went to the WB Store and dropped $500 on an official animators maquette and animation cel - when I could barely afford to pay my rent!

With that said, when Brave & the Bold debuted, a full month before it went to a weekly broadcast, the kid in me leapt out and did the happy dance right in front of the television! this show is brilliant on so many levels... it reintroduces some quite obscure but nonetheless awesome villains and heroes in almost every episode. Batman retains his moodiness, yet he does so with an extremely dry sense of humor. I also love how the opening sequence of each episode is completely different from the rest of said episode, complete with different team-ups and enemies! As felgekarp mentioned, we got to see animated versions of The Freedom Fighters, The Metal Men, The Doom Patrol, the Outsiders, the Justice Society of America among many, many others... just a whole smorgasbord of DC characters!!

And if you needed another reason to go back and visit B:TB&TB:

(BEST. Aquaman. EVER!)

Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

I would definitely say The animated series is by and far my favorite. Brave and the Bold was really fun and enjoyable though.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Oh yeah, two more reasons why Brave and the Bold rules!

The Demon Etrigan! Seriously?!?! I love this character! And the Gentleman Ghost!

These two appeared in some of my favorite episodes!