View Poll Results: What vintage toys brands do you want to buy from MattyCollector?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bravestarr

17 47.22%
  • Captain Power and the Soliders of the Future

9 25.00%
  • Dino-Riders

8 22.22%
  • Food Fighters

6 16.67%
  • Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

7 19.44%
  • Major Matt Mason

3 8.33%
  • M.U.S.C.L.E.

9 25.00%
  • Sectaurs

11 30.56%
  • Shogun Warriors

2 5.56%
  • Silverhawks

18 50.00%
  • Street Sharks

3 8.33%
  • Tigersharks

8 22.22%
  • Other

15 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Other Vintage Toy Brands you want Mattel to offer on MattyCollector.com

Other Vintage Toy Brands you want Mattel to offer on MattyCollector.com

Since Thundercats are now official and there are brands in the other poll that Hasbro has the rights to, I think it is time for another poll.

Here are the brands I have included:

Bravestarr
    Captain Power and the Soliders of the Future
    Dino-Riders
    Food Fighters
    Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
    Major Matt Mason
    M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Sectaurs
    Shogun Warriors
    Silverhawks
    Street Sharks
    Tigersharks
    Other
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Given the success of Trash Packs, etc - M.U.S.C.L.E just feels like a no-brainer to me, particularly if they go all-in on licensed figures like MOTU as part of it. I know my kids would go crazy for them - and there's huge potential for a nice iOS crossover game that could scan in the figures you get and let you wrestle with them.

Also threw in a vote for Street Sharks - just because I love the character design, missed out on them as a kid, and really want an excuse to fill my toy room with them.

Inhumanoids!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Of those listed (most of them I never saw their series, nor was I even acquainted with), the one I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see BraveStarr. I've been wanting a BraveStarr Classics line based on the MotUC parts library ever since this awesome custom was teased:

Rio Blast has always felt more like a New Texan than an Eternian, and BraveStarr was originally to have encountered He-Man.

OTOH, where's Blackstar? He kind of seems like a no-brainer. Does Hasbro have the rights to Blackstar now?

Also fitting would be Olmec's Sun Man, the Argentinian Fuerza T, and that miniline (can't seem to recall its name now) of female characters (like 4 or so) that Mattel made in the 80s that would totally fit in with PoP.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Remco warlord figures

I pick Captain Power
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Bionic Six

Another vote for Inhumanoids.

Also, if I could only pick one, my choice would be Silverhawks. Loved that cartoon as a kid.

I second the Bionic 6

Last edited by Veronica Mars; August 6, 2015 at 11:58am.
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'll have to be undecided. I want Shogun Warriors and Inhumanoids but I wouldn't want them on Mattycollector because of Digital River. They are way below par as a website maintainer and shipping service.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I would love to see the Centurions.
    TOP 5 MOST WANTED: Ice Armor He-Man, Filmation Mer-Man,
    Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, and Snake Mountain Man

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Lot of great ones but if I had to choose only one it would be Sectaurs. I think that would be the line that would best lend itself to this Classics style and that would look the most natural on the shelf next to MoTU and Thundercats.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Mantisaur/Moondancer

Heroic Warrior
    Bravestarr
    Captain Power and the SOLDIERS of the Future
    Sectaurs
    Silverhawks
    Other - Thundarr, Thundercats, Blackstar, Arco's The Other World, Revell's Power Lords, Galoob's Golden Girls, Remco's Warlord, every other MOTU knockoff line EVER...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I only want two really.

#1 Bravestarr (same style as MOTU & Thundercats)
    #2 Major Matt Mason (only if they make them exactly like the 4HM's Outer Space Men, in the same scale, and with Glyos compatibility)

There's other toylines i'm hoping will return, like M.A.S.K. and Visionaries, but most of them are other companies properties.

What i'm really dying to see is a proper line of James Bond action figures, hopefully from NECA.

I went with:

BraveStarr
    Sectaurs
    and
    Other: Blackstar

My choices were based on properties that I personally tie in to the Masters mythos in my own canon.

New Texas is a planet in the Primus system from further back in Primus past (could even be an early Primus seeing as Primus has a lot of American West qualities in its cultural past). Also, both are in a Tri-Solar System.

For me, Sectaurs and Blackstar take place on an earlier Eternia than He-Man's time (and John Blackstar was a contemporary of Marlena). Sectaurs, for me takes place waaaay back in Eternia's past (before the Snake Men arrived according to Classics canon), while Blackstar takes place part way through the thousands of years between King Grayskull and He-Man (there was a statue of Blackstar in the Temple of the Sun, after all).
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

I know it's never going to happen, but I'd love to get 4H-sculpted 7" figures (or even just 4" figures) of one of my favorite 80s series: Ulysses 31.

I'd be content even if we just got the main A-list roster (Ulysses, Telemachus, Yumi and Nono, and hopefully also Numinor), with other characters as icing on the cake (I'd be particularly excited to get the Cyclops with its blind monks from the first episode, the mud "fakers" from Phantoms of the Swamp, and the "female" robot Nanette from The City of Cortex).

A (scaled-down) Odysseus vehicle/playset (including a Shirka diorama) would be a dream come true (the Troy space station would be beyond a pipe dream).

The smaller Poseidon's tridents and Ulysses' shuttle would be nice too.

Imagine what the 4H's magic could do with these characters:

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I know it won't ever happen, but I really with Matttel could do a 6" TMNT Classics line based on the old cartoon and toyline. Playmates obviously had no commitment to it and only did it for 3 waves (two of which were sets of the 4 turtles). It would be great to see the 4 Horsemen reinterpret the old TMNT figures. Very sad that it will never happen, though. Other than that, Thundercats is really probably the only other thing that would interest me. Possibly the Food Fighters, but most of the other lines listed in the poll either don't interest me, or I'm not familiar with them.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I know it won't ever happen, but I really with Matttel could do a 6" TMNT Classics line based on the old cartoon and toyline. Playmates obviously had no commitment to it and only did it for 3 waves (two of which were sets of the 4 turtles). It would be great to see the 4 Horsemen reinterpret the old TMNT figures. Very sad that it will never happen, though. Other than that, Thundercats is really probably the only other thing that would interest me. Possibly the Food Fighters, but most of the other lines listed in the poll either don't interest me, or I'm not familiar with them.
    The Playmates Classics were quite fine; I don't think the 4H redoing them again would significantly add to what we got with those figures (other than Mattel committing to doing a full long-lived line). I've heard Playmates may re-release the Classics turtles when the next movie hits, and I'm hoping they'll then release also some additional characters (like, uh... Krang and Shredder finally? Add Splinter and April into the mix and that'd be some fine "basic" TMNT Classics collection for my needs ).