Thread: Help with weapons modeling

Help with weapons modeling

I am learning sculptris and I am getting the hand of facial sulpting pretty well. weapons and clothing are giving me trouble. do you guys who do swords and such use sculptris? are there any other easy to use programs to 'forge' iron and the like??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I belive your model can be made of anything depending on what it is you may have to use a sealer of some kind and or some sort of shellack that coats your model before molding for casting iron your gonna need a different kind of mold little more expensive and complicated like useing a scale performing caculations to figure out because if you dont the mold will never cure right.

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    I belive your model can be made of anything depending on what it is you may have to use a sealer of some kind and or some sort of shellack that coats your model before molding for casting iron your gonna need a different kind of mold little more expensive and complicated like useing a scale performing caculations to figure out because if you dont the mold will never cure right.
    great advice thanks, I actually meant 3D software but I also have trouble with physical sculpting. I put this in the wrong forum (I was thinking shapeways) but again I want to sculpt weapons physically too so thanks a lot!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Sculptris is more for organic shapes and isn't really meant for weaponry imo. It's better to use 3D software that supports poly modeling. You could use Blender which is a free 3D package.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Sculptris is more for organic shapes and isn't really meant for weaponry imo. It's better to use 3D software that supports poly modeling. You could use Blender which is a free 3D package.
    blender? thank you! Can I import and assemble from one program to another??

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    blender? thank you! Can I import and assemble from one program to another??
    Absolutely. Most packages support .obj files so use that filetype to interchange your model between programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Absolutely. Most packages support .obj files so use that filetype to interchange your model between programmes.
    awesome, thanks so much man.

Fear is faith in failure

You're welcome man.