Thread: fAN ANIMATION

fAN ANIMATION

HI guys, no firm plans yet but i have always wanted to try and put togther my own he-man min episode. does anyone on here do any animation? ive looked at anime studio and toon boom as options. i think i prefer toon boom. i can draw by hand ok but have never worked on a computer before doing graphics. im thinking of getting one of those drawing tablets.

does anyone know if the sound editing is hard to do and is there any cheap or free software

are there any common problems people encounter when trying to doing animation for the first time

This sounds like a really fun idea, and I encourage you to explore it - but definitely plan on doing something short to begin with. Even 30 seconds is ambitious for a beginner. Figure out a gag or a funny scene you might want to animate and go from there. There are tons of websites and online communities that can offer you intros to the softwares, etc.

Keep the sound editing simple - maybe even avoid having the characters speak to keep your workload to a minimum, and instead have three tracks - ambient noise, music and sound effects. Really take it slow, but have fun!

thanks disneyboy. i shall give it a go. think it will take ages but your suggestions make sense. a simple short scene makes sense. could even do orko as there is no complex mouth work or anything. i al so impressed by many of he guys on here who do all the creative stuff and feel i want to give it a go

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I am trying to do 3D modeling.

If I get good enough at it and make enough models I may try an animation.

..maybe