View Poll Results: Is the lack of playsets and vehicles A reason for the decline in subs and enthusiasm?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 19.09%
  • No

89 80.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the lack of playsets and vehicles a reason for a decline in subs and enthusiasm?

Is the lack of playsets and vehicles a reason for a decline in subs and enthusiasm?

I've been thinking about declines in the subs and a general lack of enthusiasm and wondering if this could be responsible for the problems right now. Also if we could get more variety and not be on such downers because of the constant , no to play sets and vehicles like battle ram, do you think people would be more enthusiastic and positive as to *****ing and being negative ?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I have the lack of money and the lack of space, I can't buy vehicles and other playsets!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I think so
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nah, the negativity is just fans being fans.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

not for me.. i really dont want any more vehicles OR playsets... what we have is fine for me...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I think it's a small subset of fans that have the space, money, and desire for play sets/vehicles. Really, the line is losing steam because there just aren't many big name characters left. Also, negative people are going to be negative, they will find something to nit pick no matter how much goes right. I think the reason why MOTUC fans are extra negative is because Mattel/ToyGuru tries to maintain open lines of communication. With other toy lines where fans get 0 information, the fans aren't nearly as negative (though they are still negative). People feel entitled to every whim that comes into their heads, and if everything is not perfect, they **** their pants.

At the moment, I don't think it can be. Grayskull is just about to drop in a few months! And so is the Sky Sled!

I think they do need more going forward, but this question is premature.

I think that subs are declining simply because we only know a small handful of the characters coming out next year, period! If we even had a list of the characters on the table, i think we'd see an increase in the sales meter.

That said, I won't complain if they want to do the Slime Pit again
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    it's quite the contrary, i would be off the sub if it included a lot of beasts, vehicles or playsets.

Heroic Warrior
    I think they need to redo He-man, the ultimate He-man so to speak, I just think the line needs its main hero updated to the current standard,
    cooler hair, extra hands, multiple heads, new body( thicker back, more densely muscled),power swords from all fractions and sell him in a big RamMan style box,
    I know there's a bunch of he-men stock to get rid off, but man I can't see a single collector passing this one up, same with Skeletor,
    Talk about a sub lure

I could get behind that. He-Man's mullet always bothered me (and still does!). I thought the vision of King Grayskull looked more how He-Man should actually be.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

No....

I think on the average most people want the figures, sure they'd love the vehicles and playsets, but the figures are much more important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I think they need to redo He-man, the ultimate He-man so to speak, I just think the line needs its main hero updated to the current standard,
    cooler hair, extra hands, multiple heads, new body( thicker back, more densely muscled),power swords from all fractions and sell him in a big RamMan style box,
    I know there's a bunch of he-men stock to get rid off, but man I can't see a single collector passing this one up, same with Skeletor,
    Talk about a sub lure
    If they made the Hulk smash hands optional, I'd go for a 2.0 He-Man, but to make the new hands standard....sorry, I hate those hands.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Two biggest reasons, IMO:

Price increase
    The most popular figures have already been made

Not that there aren't lots of cool figures left, but Modulock isn't essential in the same way as Man At Arms or Trap Jaw.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Is the lack of playsets and vehicles a reason for a decline in subs and enthusiasm?
    I don't think it is.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm gonna say yeah....

Honestly, when the line started, it was advertised as the 'ultimate' He-man line ever!!!!

But really its not... As the line grew, it was about the nostalgia of getting all my old characters again with modern articualation and it was fun!!!

But really.... I had a TON of vehicles for the original line. They were integral to my enjoyment back then. Having ultimate characters is only half the battle... with no battle ram or Attack trak... or Snake mountain...

It will always be a shadow of the toyline it was in the 80's.

Back in the beginning it was fine... there were so many favorite characters coming that I didn't notice so much.... but now that we're getting close and I keep hearing the phrase 'wrapping up the line...

I can't help but realize how much will NOT be made. We may get Ninjor and Twistoid.... but we won't get Turbodactyle

Honestly what I REALLY wished they had done... was made these guys just a LITTLE smaller. They are SOOOOOOO close to using the original vehicles, but NOT close enough. I would have scoured ebay something fierce to track down some vintage vehicles if the industry can't support them anymore

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    not at all, but I am sad that there will be no vehicles. I was really looking forward to Stridor, Rotton & others.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

clearly it's lack of interest in remaining characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think so.

Any real decline in sales is due to people finally getting bored with the line. It happens to everything.

There are only a handful of good MOTU vehicles imo. I think half of them have been released or are set for future release.

When I'm paying $41.59 for just 1 figure shipped from Matty, that's why the subs are declining. Expensive playsets/vehicles would not help this line at all at this point.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Vehicles and playsets are expensive. Not to mention space.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm telling you guys, all those things are very big factors for sure,
    but just look at how long ML has lasted, I know it's a bigger franchise with more well known stable
    But ( and I hate to say it) Mattle needs to start to do 're-dos' of the main cast.... It's worked for so many other lines,
    And yes I know that it's the ultimate course for the line to die, but it's almost dead any way,
    If they were to do a new He-man, Skeletor, Teela, beast man, etc,... all with new heads, weapons, gear, hands, and in some cases new body parts, it would be the injection needed,
    Think of how many Hulks, cap Americas, Wolverines, there's been, same with the million Supermen and Batmen we all continue to buy

Snappy Threader
    I don't think the lack of vehicles and playsets really affect much. Price, other interests and customer service are the keys.

I would say "no".

I think character selection has been a factor for some. For example, I didn't dislike the FFM, but I didn't want to pay $75 for them in the sub, either. I had to buy FOUR of them.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

It would have been nice to see that Battle Ram prototype come to fruition.

Same logic applies to a decent Castle Grayskull playset.

Eh, cannot have it all, now can we?

It's pure conjecture either way, but if we're pretending our personal preference is affecting sub sales than yes, more Eternian Diorama less D List figures please!