Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Scott Neitlich has an end game in sight> 2015 is the 'wrap up'?

The female figures are cheaper to produce than the male figures.

If Scott doesn't finish up vintage motu AND pop, he will go down as yet another brand manager who couldn't get it done.

I think he's stubborn enough, and ambitious enough, to make it happen.

I also believe there is enough interest. There will have to be a price hike in 2015, but it will still be comparable to a lot of other collector lines.

However, if POP isn't finished in this line, I may be turned off by Mattel for the long haul.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I'm hoping to get through 2014 first Has anyone seen the meter for the 2014 sub? Not looking good so far and I know it has only been a few days, but you usually havea big surge at the opening of the sub and near the end
    I'm sure there are a variety of reasons why people haven't subbed yet. For instance, I always sub firsth thing, but I know I'm moving this summer and until I can get a lock on my address, I'm not going to place my subscription order. Bad enough havi ngto update the address for 2013 Club Eternia, FILMation, and Grayskull. I'll save myself the hassle with 2014 and wait til I know what's up.

Heroic Warrior
    If Toyguru manages to get the Heavy Hitters like Horde Trooper, Two Bad and Tung Lashor out, Ill pleased. If guys like Ninjor, Extendar, Twistoid, Rio Blast, Blade or Gwildor don`t make it, I can still sleep like a baby
    Not every vintage character is a must have for everyone.

I'm sure many folks, including me, are waiting until after SDCC - and I'm almost guaranteed to get a sub.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Snappy Threader
    2015 will not be the end of the line. Absolutley not. End of vintage characters in vintage stylings maybe....but not the end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    If Toyguru manages to get the Heavy Hitters like Horde Trooper, Two Bad and Tung Lashor out, Ill pleased. If guys like Ninjor, Extendar, Twistoid, Rio Blast, Blade or Gwildor don`t make it, I can still sleep like a baby
    Not every vintage character is a must have for everyone.
    And my heavy hitters are Rio Blast, Extendar, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Ninjor, and Horde Trooper. If we don't get Two Bad and Tung Lashor I'll be fine.
    Strange how we all like different things.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    And my heavy hitters are Rio Blast, Extendar, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Ninjor, and Horde Trooper. If we don't get Two Bad and Tung Lashor I'll be fine.
    That's true! Tung Lashor was one of my favourite figures as a kid so I'd be very disappointed if we don't get him. As for Two-Bad, well the 200X toy and cartoon and origin story have changed this character for me and I don't really like him all that much any more...
    Awesome sticker included!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    In it til the very end! Keep em coming, Toyguru!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    In it til the very end! Keep em coming, Toyguru!
    Same here!!!!

I'll be pretty happy if we get a full line in 2014 and 2015 with the subs going through. I can't imagine there will be many more characters I will want to pay $30-40 for at that point and they can make them exclusives a couple times a year if there is still enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    If we don't get Extendar, and for that matter Dragstor before this is over, I think I may just implode and call it a day

P.S. Battleram and Stridor Too! RAWR!!!!
    Last edited by He-Kal; June 20, 2013 at 03:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The female figures are cheaper to produce than the male figures.

If Scott doesn't finish up vintage motu AND pop, he will go down as yet another brand manager who couldn't get it done.

I also believe there is enough interest. There will have to be a price hike in 2015, but it will still be comparable to a lot of other collector lines.

However, if POP isn't finished in this line, I may be turned off by Mattel for the long haul.
    I forgot about the price hike after 2014. I do hope we get an add-on subscription or two for 2014, or another big ticket item, like Point Dread with Talon Fighter that also includes the missing Grayskull accessories, I'd be all over that.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

If POP isn't completed in this line I can't imagine anything short of a Never-Going-To-Happen Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV Show Action Figure Line that could EVER get me to buy another MAttel product after that.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

If they don't finish POP on this line after everything that has been said I will never support another Mattel product for either myself as an adult collector or as a gift buyer for children. A meaning less protest I know but one I shall make. I don't include POP variants in this, but the original toy line characters must happen.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

What would make POP complete for you guys? I'm just curious because I don't have any idea how many are still left to be made. I think Scott's plan is for any non-variant figures that were made in the 80's, right? Though I'm sure there will be some Filmation and/or Horde additions to the POP collection as well.

I'd be surprised if all the vintage MOTU figures are made, much less vintage PoP figures. I'll be surprised if 2015 is a "go" and we get any figures in 2016 at all. Some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment or are just being unrealistic and hoping that TG is reading and feeling pressure.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

that is IF the 2014 sub goes through...shouldn't we start hearing him beg for the line to stay alive around now?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

A few days after the SDCC reveals . . . that's when the stress begins.

haha, no stress for me this year. Getting my $38 doll of Octavia today is just another reminder of WHY I must leave the line alone.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Mattel is on the fence for me. If they don't finish off most of what's left for POP and vintage MOTU I won't collect anything new. I'll stick with the vintage lines. For me to be minimally pleased we have to see Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Kowl, Scorpia, Hydron, Flogg, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Ninjor, Two Bad, Scorpia, Razz, Stridor, Modulok.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

For some, he's a guardian angel. For others, a ghost, who never quite fit in.

Heroic Warrior
    DCU Classics continues to limp along with nothing but variants and the most obscure Green Lantern characters, offering no new tooling except for heads. This alone gives me hope for MOTUC in 2015 and beyond. However, it will be interesting to see if DCUC goes through this year, and what the fallout will be if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    The line could carry on after 2015 - it would be very interesting to see if the remaining fan base can support the line after the main characters are done.
    I'm pretty sure that the remaining fan base (after the core characters are done) will be so small it won't warrant another yearly sub. We have to remember this line has gone on too long already and it doesn't come cheap. On the long run, those factors will be decisive.
    Let the power return!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Has anyone seen the meter for the 2014 sub? Not looking good so far and I know it has only been a few days, but you usually havea big surge at the opening of the sub and near the end
    The surge isn't because the subs have opened usually--it's because Matty has convinced people to sub up by showing figures like Ram Man, Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, or whoever they're using to sell the sub that year. I'm sure the thermometer will have a huge surge next month at SDCC when Mattel reveals, say... Two-Bad and Scorpia.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

IMO Prolonging the life of this toy line depending on figures alone won't cut it. If Mattel really wants to see this line continue as a true classic entity, they have to put more budget into it and allow pre-orders for vehicles, beasts and playsets to exist.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.