Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Scott Neitlich has an end game in sight> 2015 is the 'wrap up'?

Heroic Warrior
    I dunno...what's 2 years worth of figures - 24 basic figures, 2 extra figures and at least 2 convention figures and the quarterly items (a maximum of 8 other figures/beasts?)

That's not bad in terms of something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm sure many folks, including me, are waiting until after SDCC - and I'm almost guaranteed to get a sub.
    I'll almost definitely sub. I'm giving Matty until SDCC to give them a chance to talk me into TWO subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Mattel is on the fence for me. If they don't finish off most of what's left for POP and vintage MOTU I won't collect anything new. I'll stick with the vintage lines. For me to be minimally pleased we have to see Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Kowl, Scorpia, Hydron, Flogg, Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Ninjor, Two Bad, Scorpia, Razz, Stridor, Modulok.
    So, assuming 2015 goes through, you've just named 18 of 24 figures. You MIGHT be being a little unrealistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    IMO Prolonging the life of this toy line depending on figures alone won't cut it. If Mattel really wants to see this line continue as a true classic entity, they have to put more budget into it and allow pre-orders for vehicles, beasts and playsets to exist.
    I agree. The line is pumped up from CG right now, but by about March 2014 that surge will be over. They need to do something to boost the line after that.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'd be surprised if all the vintage MOTU figures are made, much less vintage PoP figures. I'll be surprised if 2015 is a "go" and we get any figures in 2016 at all. Some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment or are just being unrealistic and hoping that TG is reading and feeling pressure.
    I won't entertain any speculation that doesn't include getting Illumina. Or Scorpia. Or Eldor. Or Double Trouble. Or Lodar. Or Masque. Or Lizard Man. Or Ninjor, Angella, Blade, Strong Arm, etc. If I'm bound to be let down, so be it, but screw pessimism.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    If I'm bound to be let down, so be it, but screw pessimism.
    Right on!

I'm in the same boat. I would rather be hopeful then feel pessimistic and buy into all of this pressure and doom and gloom. Honestly I think a majority of it is just "marketing" anyway.

I will be subbing for sure, but I am going to wait for the SDCC reveals to decide if I am doing 2 again. But I do think that 2014 will be fine,and so will 2015. I think that there is the potential for 2016, either as a full 12 figure sub (likely minus quarterly variants), or as a more limited 6 figure sub. The biggest factor will be the cost at that point. But there will be enough variety of choices left between various NA, Jetlag and Filmation, as well as variant figures like flying fists He-Man or Terror Claws Skeletor that they could at least get something rolling in 2016.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I won't entertain any speculation that doesn't include getting Illumina. Or Scorpia. Or Eldor. Or Double Trouble. Or Lodar. Or Masque. Or Lizard Man. Or Ninjor, Angella, Blade, Strong Arm, etc. If I'm bound to be let down, so be it, but screw pessimism.
    I'm not advocating pessimism, and am all for being hopeful and optimistic. There is a difference in that and saying you won't buy Mattel product or will boycot Mattel just because the overall demand is not there and your favorite(s) were not made out of 200 figures (which we would be close to after 2014).

That said, I blame Mattel, not customers, if subscriber numbers are not met.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I think the main plan is to finish the vintage line(s). 2015 would achieve that goal, following Toyguru.

NEVERTHELESS, I fear there's a big danger for the line too... I really hope I'm wrong, but too many bad things keep happening (Digital River blunders, issues with the subs, QC problems, broken promises, etc.). I guess only time will tell...
    You have been forecasting bad things and danger for about 2 years at this point

For the record I think Scott is talking about getting all the vintage figures out by 2015, then going on with other figures (be in mini comic, concept, etc) until there is no longer interest or sales to justify moving foward
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If I'm bound to be let down, so be it, but screw pessimism.
    I'm right there with ya!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'll sub after SDCC as long as they reveal a bunch of cool vintage stuff, and not a bunch of PoP stuff or something.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I'll sub after SDCC as long as they reveal a bunch of cool vintage stuff, and not a bunch of PoP stuff or something.
    Funny thing is that the only thing that I would probably sub for at this point is the POP stuff. I have the majority of the vintage that I want and can afford, but still very lacking in the POP department. Its almost all thats left that I am actually looking forward to.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    At least, this time it didn`t came from me

I´m okay with a POP reveal as long as I don`t see any lame 3-pack like the last 2 years but 4-5 cool vintage figures... Hope Geldor won`t be ruined by some 200x hyper detail head... Plus, give me that magenta stuff for Faker I´m waiting since 2009!

I'll be subbing anyways (no point of stopping now at the end!), and if the reveals were to be POP heavy, I'll be getting just one sub. However, if the reveals end up being 200X and Vintage heavy, more likely I'll be getting two...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm not reading too much into TG's comments on the subscription pages - it is merely restating Mattel's commitment to fans that the next two years are going to be heavy on vintage MOTU and POP toys and A-list media figures, so folk can have confidence in subscribing if that is what they are after.

It is sad news for those of us who are fans of variants, obscure prototype and concept figures, 200x or mini-comics figures, but we have known the lay of the land for some 9 or 10 months now.

I remain optimistic that MOTUC can continue strong, that 2016 will provide opportunities to get out some 200x and obscure MOTU/POP characters as well as media-inspired refreshes of central characters to help keep fan interest for another 5 years from now.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The female figures are cheaper to produce than the male figures.

If Scott doesn't finish up vintage motu AND pop, he will go down as yet another brand manager who couldn't get it done.

I think he's stubborn enough, and ambitious enough, to make it happen.

I also believe there is enough interest. There will have to be a price hike in 2015, but it will still be comparable to a lot of other collector lines.

However, if POP isn't finished in this line, I may be turned off by Mattel for the long haul.

Actually the females have often been more expensive needing a lot of new parts. Almost
    every POP gal has unique arm bands and boots (not to mention the occasional tail or
    wings for quite a few of em!) - just saying from a visual stand point. Three alone have giant wings!
    Last edited by Toyguru; June 21, 2013 at 12:19am.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually the females have often been more expensive needing a lot of new parts. Almost every POP gal has unique arm bands and boots (not to mention the occasional tail or wings for quite a few of em!
    Sounds like we have a POP with wings coming

Looks like TG edited his post
    Last edited by Lipster; June 21, 2013 at 12:22am.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Actually the females have often been more expensive needing a lot of new parts. Almost
    every POP gal has unique arm bands and boots (not to mention the occasional tail or
    wings for quite a few of em!) - just saying from a visual stand point. Three alone have giant wings!

Always good to see you post on these boards Scott!!!! I hope we make it well past 2015!!!!!

Hmmm, sounds like POP fans will be finally very pleased next year! Good for them... I wish I could say the same thing about the 200X and vehicle fans...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

What girls have wings? Hmmm.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    Anyone who uses the Always Plus Maxi Pad?????

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    Queen Angella and Flutterina, I can't think of a 3rd tho

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Queen Angella and Flutterina I can't think of a 3rd tho
    Sweet Bee?

More interested by the occasional tail comment! Bring on Scorpia!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Yes! omg I can't believe I forgot Sweet Bee, the tail could also refer to Mermista and technically Peekablue

Hunga the Harpy also has wings.... But she could use Drago-Man's wings!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the surge will come after the SDCC reveals, right now only the stalwarts are buying, most are waiting for the reveals. I won't lie as embittered as I've been if they wow me at SDCC I might change my tune and sub again!

This, I need to see what at least is coming within the 1st 3 months this way if I don't like it I won't sub and not feel like I'm getting completely ripped off. Obviously Two-Bad and Glimmer are going to be shown though. They are probably the two most wanted characters, maybe Scorpia too, but the 3 of those will sell the sub straight away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    What would make POP complete for you guys? I'm just curious because I don't have any idea how many are still left to be made. I think Scott's plan is for any non-variant figures that were made in the 80's, right? Though I'm sure there will be some Filmation and/or Horde additions to the POP collection as well.

I'm not speaking for the rest of the POP fans but there needs to be at least in order
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Kowl
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Entrapta
    Spinerella
    Sweet Bee
    Flutterina
    Lookee

Double Trouble I personally can live without,

but there needs to be also
    Madame Razz and Broom
    Scorpia
    Sea Hawk
    and Light Hope in some form or another.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what I just realized, the orgers should get together and do what's called the "buddy" sub. Just get one sub between two fans of different factions. Like for example say they do Glimmer, Entrapta, Mermista, and Peekable, but also Extendar, Twistoid, Dragstor and Saurod? I don't want any of the last four I mentioned, and I'm sure someone who is not a fan of POP doesn't want the first four. So then???
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

My first thought was Hunga when I read TG's post! I don't count Sweet Bee as "giant" wings.

Hope I'm right ... really do want a Hunga character!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'll be in it until the end most likely. Keep them coming! We're honestly not that far from completing the vintage line and the filmation sub will help fill out characters we need from there. I think we may see a mini-sub pop up next year like another filmation one to help get the main characters out. The only characters I'm worried about is some of the lesser PoP characters and a few folks like Calix and Eldor who are high on my lists but aren't necessarily a 'vintage figure' (well Eldor is sort of). Even if in 2015 or 2016 the sub doesn't go through I still think they'll put out some figures a year plus maybe some at SDCC which will help fill in the final holes in the collection. I could see things going that way for a few years after the subs stop (if they ever do)
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.