Thread: Problem with paypal buyer scamming me

Hybrid View

Problem with paypal buyer scamming me

So I sold some vintage figures on ebay in good complete condition and one of the buyers has filed a claim that the figures are in bad condition - which is totally fake and want 100% refund.
    Paypal has frozen the total funds in my account until the dispute is resolved.
    Do I have any chance of winning as a seller when i have done nothing wrong or does the buyer always get their way?

more times than not, the buyer wins. He will have to ship them back to you though. Not sure what happens if they get back to you in worse condition though.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    more times than not, the buyer wins. He will have to ship them back to you though. Not sure what happens if they get back to you in worse condition though.
    Sometimes they don't pay ether hopeing you send them the goods. in witch case you probley never see your former toys, or your money. real dirt bags, someone tried it with me but I never sent the toys. because they never paid. me so I had to file, an unpaid item complaint.man do I hate crooks, thinking hey can get something for nothing. how do they look at themselves, in the mirror. but I do think there is a way around this make sure in your listing. you write due to the collectable nature of these items. are sold as is and no refunds but im not sure check with Ebay manegment

unfortunatly this doesnt work. My father just sold an item with the "no refunds" in the description as well as checked when the listing was created. They buyer claimed the item was not as described even though there was TONS of pictures. ebay made the guy return the item and get a refund....fail.

I had experiences recently on ebay and I do not feel ebay helped me. I sold a guy a Transformer and he left me negative feedback claiming I sold him a damaged figure and I did not communicate with him. Never mind that I offered him a refund and he wanted me the refund before he send the figure back. No way I was going to do that, plus I know that figure was not damaged. I also recently sold a KISS Destroyer shirt on ebay and the guy got upset because it was not an original tour shirt. I posted pics of it and never said it was a tour shirt in my description. It was a regular band shirt. I wrote to ebay twice disputing the feedback and they never bothered to get back to me.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    So I sold some vintage figures on ebay in good complete condition and one of the buyers has filed a claim that the figures are in bad condition - which is totally fake and want 100% refund.
    Paypal has frozen the total funds in my account until the dispute is resolved.
    Do I have any chance of winning as a seller when i have done nothing wrong or does the buyer always get their way?
    You are pretty much screwed, eBay has moved to basically a buyer is always right system. Your best bet now is to give a refund and ask for the figures back and then try to resell them and recoup any loses in shipping, etc.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Thanks guys, looks like I just bend over and take it.

Real deadbeat - sent me an email telling me he does it to sellers all the time so he knows he can get away with it.
    Last edited by atlas0413; June 24, 2013 at 06:59am.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Thanks guys, looks love I just bend over and take it then

The guys name is mark Lovell and his ebay username is stadium_sport
    I know he is on the org but don't know his username.

Real deadbeat - sent me an email telling me he does it to sellers all the time so he knows he can get away with it.
    You have his name and address- contact his local police and forward messages. Confessing to fraud? I'm sure the police would just love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    You have his name and address- contact his local police and forward messages. Confessing to fraud? I'm sure the police would just love to see that.
    Yes, that email should certainly be kept and sent to Ebay, Paypal, and your local police department. Probably the postal inspector too, since it might fall under mail fraud.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Thanks guys, looks like I just bend over and take it then

The guys name is mark Lovell and his ebay username is stadium_sport
    I know he is on the org but don't know his username.

Thanks for that info. I have just added him to my blocked bidders list on ebay.

Ebay has become a real crap shoot over the last 2 years. NO protection for sellers at all and it has become a cesspool of scammers.

I also think it is terrible that sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers. I can have a deadbeat buyer that never pays and never communicates with me at all, but I don't get to leave him negative feedback? That's just ridiculous in my opinion.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Yeah, eBay really sucks now. I just got off the phone with Paypal again because they had frozen my whole account over 1 dispute???
    The guy I spoke to was ok though and very informative (and was in the USA, not o/seas support). He told me he could see that this was the only claim against me in my $10,000+ worth of paypal transactions (didn't realize I had used it that much) and just send it to a claim. I will probably lose, the guy scams his money back from me and I can start trading again.
    I will only be selling MOTU on the org from now on, at least here it is like a little community where we can feel safer and more trusting.

Heroic Warrior
    eBay isn't even worth bothering with anymore. Apparently the buyer is always right. and this in turn has turn eBay into scammers paradise

Heroic Warrior
    I recently had an Ebay buyer file a claim on me for item not received even after he left me positive feedback. I took a screen cap of that feedback, along with my UPS receipt, and attached it to my response. Ebay sided with me, but what a joke.

Sellers not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers now is a joke also. I've had so many buyers bid and not pay. I know there are unpaid auction strikes, but it's not enough. a few years ago I sold over $3000 worth of stuff on Ebay, but now I'm afraid to sell anything.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Oh well case closed, paypal gave this loser his money AND postage back.
    I tried to reason to myself what has happened, what is that 4% that I pay paypal for, why is the buyer always right, and why did ebay fail to let me know this guy has done this before?

Oh well case closed, paypal gave this loser his money AND postage back.
    I tried to reason to myself what has happened, what is that 4% that I pay paypal for, why is the buyer always right, and why did ebay fail to let me know this guy has done this before?
    Did you get your figures back before they refunded him?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Paypal says the guy has to send them back. I'm half expecting them to be damaged or swapped for different ones. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy has ripped the legs off them. It didn't matter when he got his money, paypal froze the account along with another $150 so it was always going back to him. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER leave funds sitting in paypal ever again. I had over $1000 sitting in there before this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Did you get your figures back before they refunded him?

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    You have his name and address and personal admission he's a scammer. At the very least, post his info around to warn other sellers he'll try to defraud them.

I had over $1000 sitting in there before this happened.
    Why? I don't understand why anyone would leave money sitting on a website... Paypal isn't a bank, so it's not your money until Paypal hand it over to you. As soon as I receive Paypal payments I send them straight to my bank account (no matter how small they are) They can then freeze my account for all I care, as I'd stop using Paypal if I were to lose money though a scammer anyway. Paypal is convenient, but I'll take my money over keeping the account.

Also if you have emails of this guy admitting to scamming you, why aren't you forwarding them to eBay?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.