Thread: A question about sculpting

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

A question about sculpting

If I wanted to sculpt things such as a Horde symbol onto a female arm, or an extra belt of some kind. What would I use? Preferably nothing that has to be baked.

Also, if I wanted to sculpt say a long loin cloth that retains some flexibility, again what would I use? And how would I attach it onto a belt that is already attached onto the figure? Supergluing the top onto the bottom of the belt just seems wrong somehow.

Thanks all.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    If I wanted to sculpt things such as a Horde symbol onto a female arm, or an extra belt of some kind. What would I use? Preferably nothing that has to be baked.

Also, if I wanted to sculpt say a long loin cloth that retains some flexibility, again what would I use? And how would I attach it onto a belt that is already attached onto the figure? Supergluing the top onto the bottom of the belt just seems wrong somehow.

Thanks all.
    I think there is some sort of putty that when after shaped and left alone for a while hardens up. don't know what its its called never used it myself but I think you then make a mold from the hardend putty.once you have the mold you can cast it into any matieral.

I just started using Green Stuff (seriously, that's what it's called) and it works great. You can get a nice sized package of it for about 10 bucks at a hobby shop.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I just started using Green Stuff (seriously, that's what it's called) and it works great. You can get a nice sized package of it for about 10 bucks at a hobby shop.
    Doesn't green stuff cure really hard though? I also want something that retains some sort of flexibility.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

You can use Sugru for stuff that has to remain flexible. Google it, it's great stuff.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/