Thread: The teeth are out!

Hybrid View

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar

The teeth are out!

I had my upper wisdom teeth taken out today. The surgeon went with light IV sedation instead of full- the process took 25 minutes, but it felt like 5 minutes to me. I was definitely awake, either way, but with full double vision until the IV wore off. Either way the oral surgeon I went to was absolutely professional and competent and I doubt I could've got better service- unlike that last dentist I went to.

Both teeth are... I may photograph them once I've cleaned off blood but they're in bad shape. How that left tooth was so numb is beyond me because it was worse than the right. Fillings wouldn't have helped, and even if they could have, the holes were on the sides so it'd be almost impossible to work on them.

I'm still biting down on the gauze for the bleeding. Got done about 2:15 today, had to be driven home, but was able to stop at a local grocery store and pick up some soup, bullion and pudding. I was at least able to walk around by then.

Heroic Warrior
    glad to know everything went well. I went through a similar process a few years back. Soup, bullion and pudding thats definitely the way to go. you'll be sore for a few days afterwards but the worst is now over. wishing you a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear this was a success. Here's to a quick recovery with a minimum of discomfort. Hang in there!
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."