Thread: Which other toylines have heads the same size as MOTUC heads?

Which other toylines have heads the same size as MOTUC heads?

I'd like to compile a list here of all the toy lines with heads that are the same size as MOTUC heads. This will be useful for customizers who want to create new head designs from older ones. I will keep an updated list in this opening post. Please brainstorm as many lines as you can think of. Thank you ahead of time for contributing!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I know I have had good luck using some of the Mattel WWE Diva heads for female figures. So far I have used the Bella Twins and Layla and they have worked just fine. You almost have to do it on a case by case basis though, the recent AJ Lee figure is much smaller and the head will not work.

I think that the majority of the male heads would be a touch too small, but I have never tried them.

I have heard that the older WWE figures from Jakks Pacific work well, but have not personally tried them. However I do think the current TNA Wrestling figures could work.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Some of the bigger marvel legends work ,as do some of the DCU stuff

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I'd like to compile a list here of all the toy lines with heads that are the same size as MOTUC heads. This will be useful for customizers who want to create new head designs from older ones. I will keep an updated list in this opening post. Please brainstorm as many lines as you can think of. Thank you ahead of time for contributing!
    As has been mentioned WWE heads are a decent match. Most of the current Mattel WWE heads are a tad small, but can be fudged, and some of the bigger wrestlers work better - I've used Mike Knox, Big Show (the head scan with hair), Kane and Undertaker. And the female heads can work well too as already mentioned.

Jakks Pacific heads work really well. I have used John Morrison, LoD Hawk and Triple H and have others planned to use. The Jakks heads are just a smidge bigger than Mattels and the sculpts are just slightly softer meaning they blend better as they look a little less like real people.

A number of the NECA 7" movie lines work pretty well. I used a Katniss Everdeen head on a female body and it worked perfectly. Often the likenesses aren't quite soft enough to fully blend but many of them are.

The current Marvel Legends Hyperion head is a perfect fit for MOTU and looks great on an MOTU body. Some of the bigger sculpts can be used to decent effect. ML scales are all over the place though, so not all the heads will work.

Most "normal" sized Marvel Select figures lend their heads to MOTUC scale well. Ultron, Nightcrawler, Storm - I have all of those select heads on MOTUC bodies currently. I'm trying to use a Sabretooth for a project as well.

DC Direct/DC Collectibles - again they tend to vary wildly in scale so some heads work better than others. One of the best looking swaps I did was from DC Direct Ditko Captain Atom. Just a great looking head that is perfectly sized to use with MoTUC. Also the Ocean Master head worked fantastically in my opinion. I've got a bunch of the DC Direct heads - several from Aquaman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhuner, etc ready for other planned projects.

Mattel's DCUC line has some heads that work, though most are slightly too small. I did use the DCUC Bronze Tiger head swapped onto Beast Man and Carnivus bodies to make nice looking MOTUC cat people. I've seen a number of people use the Despero Head in various ways on MOTUC bodies.

Finally, something that works surprisingly well are heads from some of the vintage MOTU knock off lines. He-Mike and Master English and others have successfully used the Remco Warrior Beasts Craven head on MOTUC bodies and it looks great (I'm working on a couple of those of my own), also I've got a vintage Defenders of the Planet Canis Major head swapped onto an MOTUC Spikor body and it fits great.

There's a lot of good 7" collector lines out there and many of them are good suppliers of head fodder for MOTUC.