Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Octavia Video Review by Pixel Dan

The pointy skirt looks great to me! I'm glad they didn't go with the leotard!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    The pointy skirt looks great to me! I'm glad they didn't go with the leotard!
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Why? Dan has done every MOTUC figure yet....last year a lot of his reviews were either after a sale or just before....simply because of the fact so many figures were late last year.

And not every MOTUC collector has her, or had decided they wanted her....not everyone buys DOS, not everyone can, and the fact she sold out on Matty will send many to BBTS, Ebay, Toywiz...etc, and they need to know if they want to shell out 3rd party money for her or not....

There are many that will go to the Marketplace here that either missed her DOS, or just waited for someone else to offer her up for cheaper than 3rd party....and many of those, would love to see a review beforehand.

So no, not pointless.
    I think its pointless unless Dan is on the Mattel payroll. Because I find it pointless to notify the 85 percent of people who will get her in a sub. Most of these figures are heavily for the Sub. Why explain a figure to those who are getting them anyway.

But this line wasnt always based on the sub sales. They also had DOS as well and that's where his reviews may sway someones vote to buy. I could careless cause im buying it all anyway.

So my question is now Dan are you on the Mattel payroll.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too. I'm in this camp as well. Great review as always Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I think its pointless unless Dan is on the Mattel payroll. Because I find it pointless to notify the 85 percent of people who will get her in a sub. Most of these figures are heavily for the Sub. Why explain a figure to those who are getting them anyway.

But this line wasnt always based on the sub sales. They also had DOS as well and that's where his reviews may sway someones vote to buy. I could careless cause im buying it all anyway.

So my question is now Dan are you on the Mattel payroll.
    Dan's reviews also bring traffic to his site and youtube accounts. I review MOTUC figures on my small site and get hundreds of hits. Evidently, there are lots of people who like the reviews and find them interesting and entertaining.I'm sure Dan gets tens of thousands of views for his video reviews. Besides, stores like BBTS just got there Octavias in. Also, some people just like to see what other people think- whenever I watch a movie I typically discuss it with the people I saw it with, talk about it online, and check out what various reviewers thought. I find it just another part of the experience. Pointless, however, it is not.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Yeah...
    I had mine in hand but still watched the review.
    I just like PD reviews and if anything...its consistency that builds a following. Its an motuc figure and itd be weird to have a gap in the reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Not sure where you are coming from here honestly, because by that rational, he shouldn't bother to review any figures as "85% are getting them anyway"

Like others have said (more than 15% of people who have commented on it) Pixel Dan does a fantastic job with these reviews and many people find them informative and entertaining. If you don't see the point then fair enough, but I think there are probably nicer ways to say it. Again, people like what they like I guess.

And no, Dan isn't on the Mattel payroll. He gets sent sample figures to review and that is it.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Plus Dan clearly enjoys making the review videos, and the enjoyment he gets out of it is its own reward.

Also I enjoy watching his videos. It gets me hyped up for a figure before I get it, and I still enjoy watching the video again once I have the figure in hand as it helps me appreciate the figure that much more.

Awesome video (as usual) by the way Dan! Definately looking forward to recieving Octavia, especially since she is the first figure since Ram Man and Jitsu that I have been in a posistion to buy.

Heroic Warrior
    Heck, I actually go back and re-watch the reviews on occasion, even after I've owned the figures for months.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Any word on flight stand reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Then why are you watching and commenting? What's the point? Some of us enjoy the reviews no matter what.
    Agreed. This comment was totally uncalled for. PD contributes ALOT to this community and really does us a favor for doing these reviews in the first place.
    Personally, I like seeing his reviews even after getting the figures to see something that I may have missed (PD has good eyes )
    Btw---Good review PD! (as always)

Heroic Warrior
    In regards to the questions raised by the honorable Brian Ozone, I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the moderators as being paid members of Mattel staff and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of He-Man.org.

With that in mind, Pixel Dan, I must ask; Are you now or have you ever been a member of Mattel corporate?

(and if you can figure out where that was gleamed from, points to you! You paid attention in History class! )
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Any word on flight stand reviews?
    Why bother?....Apparently the review would be pointless.... And since Dan is so very clearly a Mattel employee, he's only doing it to serve his masters anyway....

So with Dan doing a stand review, it would only be to help Mattel sell more, and couldn't possibly be to help the fans out in any way, you know by helping sway them on way or the other.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Why bother?....Apparently the review would be pointless.... And since Dan is so very clearly a Mattel employee, he's only doing it to serve his masters anyway....

So with Dan doing a stand review, it would only be to help Mattel sell more, and couldn't possibly be to help the fans out in any way, you know by helping sway them on way or the other.
    Uuuugh, okay. Are you being serious, sarcastic, or something else? I am very much in the dark in relation to the intent of your post. Dan's reviews are good for lots of reasons other than convincing fans to buy product. And besides, the stands are still available, and a review will be the determining factor for my interest, because the photo's I've seen make them look like gaudy crap.

Uuuugh, okay. Are you being serious, sarcastic, or something else? I am very much in the dark in relation to the intent of your post.
    I agree. shadowfall1976, the way your post is worded, it's hard to tell if you're joking or if you're being hateful.

Everyone: if you are going to joke around, please do your best to make it abundantly clear what you mean. This is text online. So what may be clear to you isn't always clear to the next person. Also, emoticons (smileys) help assign emotion to your post. Please use them when possible! Thanks!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Uuuugh, okay. Are you being serious, sarcastic, or something else? I am very much in the dark in relation to the intent of your post. Dan's reviews are good for lots of reasons other than convincing fans to buy product. And besides, the stands are still available, and a review will be the determining factor for my interest, because the photo's I've seen make them look like gaudy crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I agree. shadowfall1976, the way your post is worded, it's hard to tell if you're joking or if you're being hateful.

Everyone: if you are going to joke around, please do your best to make it abundantly clear what you mean. This is text online. So what may be clear to you isn't always clear to the next person. Also, emoticons (smileys) help assign emotion to your post. Please use them when possible! Thanks!!!
    To me the post in question is clearly sarcasm, but I guess it's just because I use it so often

I had the figure and still enjoyed the review, thanks Dan! if you see no point in the review why watch it or even comment on it?

Sarcasm is wasted online....

But I guess it works when you can't tell the difference....

I love Dan's reviews, And even after the fact of DOS, I think they are well worth him doing....since you know....it takes time to do them....filming, editing....posting....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

You have absolutely NO sarcasm meter at all. He is being sarcastic since so many in this thread are questioning one poster's comment about Dan's reviews being pointless.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

His sarcasm is pretty obvious if someone has read the entire thread or even just this page...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    His sarcasm is pretty obvious if someone has read the entire thread or even just this page...
    Yes, this.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

True, but if you were on the fence, or waiting to see reviews before you bought her, then you're forced into the secondary market because of Matty's sellout. So, in effect, it is a bit pointless on the talked-me-into-buying-it front.
    Personally I rarely buy a figure on someone elses review. I just like hearing other peoples opinions on things I'm interested in such as movies and toys as I don't have many friends who share my hobbies or passions to discuss these things with in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Personally I rarely buy a figure on someone elses review. I just like hearing other peoples opinions on things I'm interested in such as movies and toys as I don't have many friends who share my hobbies or passions to discuss these things with in person.
    Likewise. I don't have ONE person to share opinions about MOTUC with in person. Much less horror movies. Have several for MMA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You have absolutely NO sarcasm meter at all. He is being sarcastic since so many in this thread are questioning one poster's comment about Dan's reviews being pointless.
    I've always found that sarcasm is best in person, and where people know each other and it's easy to hear it in one's voice. Text does not convey sarcasm well unless a person goes out of their way to indicate or word it as such. At the very least, using a wink or something to diffuse it, or the classic fake [sarcasm] tags.

We can actually create tags on vBulletin, but I have no clue what sarcasm tags would actually do.

...is an opinion.

...said no troll ever .

...and I love being wasteful.

Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Text does not convey sarcasm well unless a person goes out of their way to indicate or word it as such.
    I completely disagree. Especially when people who can write and are thoughtful write it. The same thing goes for speaking without text. Sometimes some people just can't detect it, in person or not.