Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTU Classics Octavia Video Review by Pixel Dan

Damn....with all the sarcasm here on the org....you would think one comment wouldn't make such a change of direction....

After like 3 posts of me speaking up for Dan....not that he needs a defense mind you....you would think it would have been seen as sarcasm.

Adding an emoticon would have deemed it too obvious....at least that's what I thought.

I get sarcasm in text....I do agree sometimes it's hard to tell, but not always, and especially after I posted 3 times defending the reason Dan still did hie review after the fact....

Damn, I'm good!

Apologies to Dan for unintentionally helping to change the course of his review thread....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Personally I rarely buy a figure on someone elses review.
    For me, it's based on the close ups of images and video that help me see the figure better than Matty shots. I'm generally not persuaded by the opinions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I just like hearing other peoples opinions on things I'm interested in such as movies and toys as I don't have many friends who share my hobbies or passions to discuss these things with in person.
    Same here.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Damn....with all the sarcasm here on the org....you would think one comment wouldn't make such a change of direction....

After like 3 posts of me speaking up for Dan....not that he needs a defense mind you....you would think it would have been seen as sarcasm.

Adding an emoticon would have deemed it too obvious....at least that's what I thought.

I get sarcasm in text....I do agree sometimes it's hard to tell, but not always, and especially after I posted 3 times defending the reason Dan still did hie review after the fact....

Damn, I'm good!

Apologies to Dan for unintentionally helping to change the course of his review thread....
    You didn't need an emoticon. If the thread and our posts had been read, as you have stated, it would have been obvious that it was sarcasm. Brian Ozone's was clearly not sarcasm, and yours was. It's pretty obvious for reasons stated.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Damn....with all the sarcasm here on the org....
    Wait...there's sarcasm here on the org?!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Wait...there's sarcasm here on the org?!
    Isn't there? You mean we're all so serious for real? I think I just learned something....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I completely disagree. Especially when people who can write and are thoughtful write it. The same thing goes for speaking without text. Sometimes some people just can't detect it, in person or not.
    I definitely do not agree. I strongly dislike the whole "It's up to them to always detect my implied irony" angle. Here on the Org, I say do your best to present your sarcasm effectively for a wide audience (if you have to post it at all), otherwise save it for face-to-face.

Call me Mr. Spoilsport.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Good grief...what in the world happened in this thread? I step away from the internet for the weekend...

I appreciate everyone who was standing up for my videos. I think everyone meant well there, and then it just sort of spiraled into a new debate. I suggest we let that one go.

As for me making this review pointless...cool. If you think so. Not going to stop me from making them. I review LOTS of toys. Stuff that has been on store shelves for a while. Some toys that haven't been sold since the 80's. People still watch. And I still enjoy making the videos. It's all about the love of toys. If people enjoy watching my videos for whatever reason, then I'm happy. If you think it's pointless, you're entitled to your opinion. But the tens of thousands of views the video is going to get tells me there are plenty of people who do still want to watch it. They are entitled to their opinion as well.

And no, I don't work for Mattel. Come on now.

As for the flight stands, I don't have them yet. Mattel has not sent them to review and I have not bought a set to check out yet. I can say that I already dislike the look of them. But until I get them in person I of course can't make full judgement.

Now then...I love toys. You guys love toys. Let's all just agree on that and carry on without debate.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; June 24, 2013 at 12:11am.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Not to change the original topic but since it's already been mentioned a few times, I have to say the flight stands are terrible. I put four of them together today and they leave much to be desired. They're cheap, do not hold figures as well as the previous stands, and are much more of a solid white plastic than before. Hopefully you get them soon Dan. I'd like to see where you stand.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Not to change the original topic but since it's already been mentioned a few times, I have to say the flight stands are terrible. I put four of them together today and they leave much to be desired. They're cheap, do not hold figures as well as the previous stands, and are much more of a solid white plastic than before. Hopefully you get them soon Dan. I'd like to see where you stand.
    Oh man. That sucks. When I get some extra cash I'll pick a set up to review.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    An informative review. Thanks, Dan.

Also, I'd like to say, for the record, that the more informed I can be on a particular item, the more likely I am to consider its purchase. This is especially true with respect to reviews, both video and pictorial. As articulation is a major factor in my aforementioned decision to buy, such resources are very helpful to someone like me.

Lastly, I'd have preferred a leotard on Octavia (and many others in the line), but it didn't stop me from getting her. I've also found numerous effective ankle solutions, so I'm calling her a win!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Ok,so here is another country heard from!

I do not open many figures in this line,I am waiting until my castle comes for that. When my Octavia came, I looked at her to ake sure there was no mistakes then hung her on my wall. I then watched Dans review. Dans reviews are the only way I can enjoy the opened figure. I rely on him even after I have the figure,I also rely on the pics you guys take here. But nothing compares to a video.

Back on topic,loved the review as always, I wonder though if her articulated tentikles are wasted because of her hair? All in all,she looks like a great figure.

Now let's get to the real fight....MORE POP!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Hi all! Back onto the topic of the actual video and figure, please.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    I have the loose ankles as well. I have to attempt to fix this with the heating method. I have her standing, but feel she can topple over with the slightest push. It is almost getting to the point that every figure I get lately has some sort of issue. Will I stop buying? No!! But its really aggravating....

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

Back on topic,loved the review as always, I wonder though if her articulated tentikles are wasted because of her hair? All in all,she looks like a great figure.
    A little bit, but her head moves to somewhat accomodate it. Her gaze may shift down in some poses though.

I maintain neutral poses for my figures so it the tentacles having a full range of useful articulation are a non-issue for me. I'm also cool with the skirt. The one loose ankle sucks, but tentacle posing can make up for it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Great review Dan, this is one of the few Filmation charters I want so I'm glad she's in the main sub and not the Filmation one.

So can you not move the tentacles forward like she's grabbing someone?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Good grief...what in the world happened in this thread? I step away from the internet for the weekend...

I appreciate everyone who was standing up for my videos. I think everyone meant well there, and then it just sort of spiraled into a new debate. I suggest we let that one go.

As for me making this review pointless...cool. If you think so. Not going to stop me from making them. I review LOTS of toys. Stuff that has been on store shelves for a while. Some toys that haven't been sold since the 80's. People still watch. And I still enjoy making the videos. It's all about the love of toys. If people enjoy watching my videos for whatever reason, then I'm happy. If you think it's pointless, you're entitled to your opinion. But the tens of thousands of views the video is going to get tells me there are plenty of people who do still want to watch it. They are entitled to their opinion as well.

And no, I don't work for Mattel. Come on now.

As for the flight stands, I don't have them yet. Mattel has not sent them to review and I have not bought a set to check out yet. I can say that I already dislike the look of them. But until I get them in person I of course can't make full judgement.

Now then...I love toys. You guys love toys. Let's all just agree on that and carry on without debate.
    Ehi pixel, the review of clamp champ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I don't think so. They don't really bend the right way for that. You'd almost have to lean her on her back to stand her up on all four tentacles. You can use the lower ones to balance her a bit, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I get that. But it hinders the amount of poses she can do. Especially when it's a cut you're used to in this line. I know she's not the first female to be missing it, but I've always been a fan of that cut on action figures.
    Thanks for the reply, sorry i didn't reply sooner. We got lucky with ours she stands really well even with the extra weight of her tentacles.