Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Octavia Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    This was pretty pointless since everyone already had her. Just saying.
    How was it pointless? Perhaps for your purposes, but figure reviews are relevant before and after purchase. I keep mine MOC and this gives me an in depth look at the figure out of package, for good and for bad. Also, when I do open a figure I don't always have the opportunity to put it under a microscope, PD's reviews give the figure a once over and it's great for comparison. I've found myself pausing a review now and again and scrutinizing my figures. And it gives Mattel feedback.

Frankly I think you owe PD an apology. This was rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I love Cy-Chop!
    He may not be a core Horde member, but he's in it for his revenge on Kro... Trap Jaw

I finally want my MODULOK!
    Man, I want all of the Horde. Dragstor, Modulok, Multibot, Vultak, Admiral Scurvy, Vultak, Colonel Blast, Inspector Darkney, Mummy thang! LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Mine don't appear to have weak ankles either. I haven't had any problems with her falling over. I do kind of wish the tentacles had been made ala Hssss, but oh well. She still looks awesome.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Sweet review. Is she able to stand on only her tentacles?
    Does Galactus fart?

hate, Hate, HATE the pizza crotch! I'm suprised more people aren't bugged by this. If Glimmer gets it I might be out

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I could not disagree more, for the following reasons:

1.) It's great for "archival" purposes. It'd be weird for there to be a figure Dan didn't review in MOTUC

2.) She'll be available for purchase on the secondary market for years and decades to come. People might want to look up a review of her before laying down money for her. I've done this plenty of times for toys I missed in the past.

3.) Some people (like myself) just like to hear Dan's opinions about things. I have a sub, so it's not like I'm making a buying decision based on his review. In fact, from the what we know about MOTUC the majority of buyers are probably in that boat. Though I know some might use it to decide whether to keep or resell a sub figure.
    This. Pixel Dan's reviews can have a huge influence on my opinion of a figure honestly, even if I already have them. Plus I quite like rewatching old reviews honestly.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Cool review Dan, its a real shame your Octavia too has very loose ankles - I can't believe we're still having this issue with some of the figures!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I don't think so, you can change your mind in the future and you need a review. I bought a Catra only the last month because I changed my mind and the first thing I did was to see the old review by PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I quite like rewatching old reviews honestly.
    Me too! I just rewatched the King Hsss review to understand if a detachable torso for Two-Bad can be a good or bad thing. It's definitely a bad thing.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 22, 2013 at 10:54am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

In England we don't and maybe not in Europe or other non US countries either.

Widget
    Great review as always PD

As an international collector I still don't have my Octavia so it was great to see a in depth review on her.

I can't wait to add her to my Horde ranks!

This was AMAZING to see on the big screen using my new PS3! Thanks again Dan, your reviews are always great, particularly the group shots at the end!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

We get into a lot of debates and some are not always the nicest when people don't see eye to eye, but that is just down right ignorant.

Great review Dan.

It was nice to actually get a figure before Dan.

For one month I wasn't jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Sweet review. Is she able to stand on only her tentacles?
    No, she can't really, not like you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I don't think so, you can change your mind in the future and you need a review. I bought a Catra only the last month because I changed my mind and the first thing I did was to see the old review by PD!

Me too! I just rewatched the King Hsss review to understand if a detachable torso for Two-Bad can be good or bad. It's definitely bad.
    Dan's Catra review got me to buy her too. As well as a few others I was undecided on.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Great review as always, Dan. I should get sometime next week and I can't wait. Don't let the naysayers(or single naysayer) bug you one bit. As someone who's been watching your reviews for *years* now, and as others have said, it'd be goofy not to see a MOTUC figure review from you. Hell, I think it'd be cool to see you review more vintage stuff, maybe for the P&H Foundation! And the skirt that's supposed to be a tunic doesn't bother me one bit. Maybe they were afraid they were going to lose some movement in the legs if they attached it?

Thanks for the review, Dan. I purposely opened my Octavia before I watched your review as an experiment to see how closely our views match up.

Our observations are very similar. I wish there was a boot cut not only for posability but also for kitbashing. I imagine the modified crotch piece had more to do with hiding the upper thigh joint and posability than a "design choice." It doesn't look bad but after looking up the prototype, I do prefer that look. I like this figure much more than I thought I would. Kudos to the Horsemen for transforming this Filmation design into something cool.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Nice Figure It's too bad Catra didn't come with her own unique cross-bow too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    In England we don't and maybe not in Europe or other non US countries either.
    True, but if you were on the fence, or waiting to see reviews before you bought her, then you're forced into the secondary market because of Matty's sellout. So, in effect, it is a bit pointless on the talked-me-into-buying-it front.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    True, but if you were on the fence, or waiting to see reviews before you bought her, then you're forced into the secondary market because of Matty's sellout. So, in effect, it is a bit pointless on the talked-me-into-buying-it front.
    Still it's not, I have been persuaded by Dan's reviews long after the fact for many figures.....Catra for example....without his review over a year after the fact of her original release, I would likely not own her today.

Maybe as an upfront review for DOS....but she is readily available from 3rd party sites....as well as from fellow Orgers in the Marketplace....and not everyone buys DOS anyway....

I see a huge point to still making the reviews, even after the fact of DOS....still pretty useful. And many were likely still on the fence about her DOS, and held off....and now can rest assured geting her because they see they will like her.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Nice Figure It's too bad Catra didn't come with her own unique cross-bow too, though.
    I agree! Hopefully that will be rectified in a future Weapon's Pack!!!!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Mine has loose ankles but I find it interesting she seems to stand pretty well. My Netossa falls quite often but Octavia stands strong.

Then why are you watching and commenting? What's the point? Some of us enjoy the reviews no matter what.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Somethings things are mentioned that aren't well known. This is a 30 year old Franchise after all. The skirt here is maybe something that not all were aware of.
    I find these fun facts and viewpoints interesting.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Great review of an awesome figure. Thanks for all you do.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Widget
    PD's videos is all I have to look forward to with MOTUC, because I can't afford to buy the fugures. While watching Dan's videos typically makes me more depressed that I don't own any, at least with his reviews I get to see what the figures are actually like without ever having held one. Thanks for the videos Dan, they help keep up the excitment I experienced during my MOTU years as a kid. It really is a pretty awesome line.

Octavia is a figure of the year contender for sure for me she looks amazing. The pointy skirt looks ok on her but I think it would look horrific on Glimmer or Queen Angella. They better not even try that pointy skirt with those two characters so they need to once again fix it!