Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Treat The Remaining Vintage Figures

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Two-Bad's Right leg needs the purple coloring, so it cannot be shared with Tuvar.
    As you can see it isn't shared with Tuvar! Look at the arrows!

- We currently have not seen any leg-swapping figures, so all-new tech will have to be developed, *just* to get Baddrah's leg to swap.
    We can use the new leg-swappin' technology also for Modulok, Multibot and Extendar, as Scott Metzger noticed

- Packaging - how in the world would this "quasi-3-pack" be presented?
    Two-Bad with 2 entire carcasses hidden at the bottom of the box?
    Tuvarr and Baddrah, with Two-Bad's torso, leg and weapons hidden at the bottom 9and thousands of fans rising up to kill Scott for never gving them a proper "Two-badd" release?
    A proper 3 pack with a complete Two-Bad and baldfaced "half people" on display? MOC collectors would go off their nut!
    I thought about it and I worked on photoshop, as a MOC collector I'll be pleased with this solution:

However there is the problem of the price that noticed Madison Carter...

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Gotta have the torso pop off if Extendar is in the mix, though. Might really need it for Modulok and Multi-Bot, as well.
    You're absolutely right but we need a different solution because King Hsss torso is too loose!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 24, 2013 at 05:06pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    There is so much wrong with this concept that I'm surprised anyone bothers to reference it outside of "Wouldn't it be cool..."
    By the numbers...
    In order to get Two-Bad, you only borrow 5 pieces from Tuvar and Baddrah:
    Tuvar Head
    Baddrah Head
    Tuvar arm
    Baddrah arm
    Baddrah leg

Everything else needs to be it's own tooling
    Which is why it would basically be treated as a three pack/special set. Most of the pieces shown in the drawing are existing tools; there wouldn't be a lot of tooling needed.
    or new technology:
    - We currently have not seen any leg-swapping figures, so all-new tech will have to be developed, *just* to get Baddrah's leg to swap. Having a torso split won't work, because then if we borrow Baddrah's crotch and one leg, then we still need the new tech to swap-out Baddrah's left leg with Two-Bad's "Mixed" leg.
    Which has the re-uses I listed previously. If they are already making Modulok as some suspect, the new tech is already in the works.

- Packaging - how in the world would this "quasi-3-pack" be presented?
    Two-Bad with 2 entire carcasses hidden at the bottom of the box?
    Tuvarr and Baddrah, with Two-Bad's torso, leg and weapons hidden at the bottom 9and thousands of fans rising up to kill Scott for never gving them a proper "Two-badd" release?
    A proper 3 pack with a complete Two-Bad and baldfaced "half people" on display? MOC collectors would go off their nut!
    Like the problem we had with Queen Marlena? Or Vykron? It's a simple matter of alternate packaging as has already been done in the past. Having "half people" on display is no different than having Marlena's dress or space suit in the package, or having the two extra outfits for Vykron sitting on either side of him. Or simply going by your first two examples; no problem having the unused parts hidden away with two pack outs. And it's a better option than Trap-Jaw offered us, where there was no packaging option for displaying him pre-cyborg form. So no matter how they do it, it's been done already in the line.

Not a viable solution I can see..
    Every problem you bring up is either easily solved or has already been solved in previous releases, making the concept quite viable. The only thing that makes it otherwise is the fact that TG has already said that TB is going to be a regular figures if and when he's made, which is, well, two bad...(sorry, could not resist...)
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Interesting suggestions but I'm sure whatever the 4H would come up with will be accepted by the masses.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Interesting suggestions but I'm sure whatever the 4H would come up with will be accepted by the masses.
    Of that I have little doubt. The Fab Four are the backbone of the line, and, even if one might not agree with every creative choice they've made, it's hard to argue that this line would have been as successful as it has been if they weren't the guys doing the sculpting.

Mattel will do what Mattel will do, but it can't hurt to let them know what we hope they would do.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Just my personal, opinionated thoughts on how the remaining Vintage figures should be handled in MOTUC. Don't want to waste space on here with individual threads, so figured this was best. Mods, if you feel this belongs in the character support area, feel free to move it; seemed it could go either. Anyway...

1. Two-Bad - Should not be a deluxe figure. Regular size with oversized torso is fine. Maybe a balance of sorts between the Vintage and 200x in terms of just how big. Should not under any circumstances be designed to split parts to form Tuvar and Badrah. Those should be separate figures all-together. Would prefer his arms on the side ala 200x and not on top like the vintage. Could still have them angled where the fist of each could still reach the other's face. Definitely has to have his shield, the mace I like but could live with it being a weapons pack item if cost is too much.

2. Ninjor - No cloth. Keep him lean with no body armor mimicking his outfit. This is one of the few characters we really don't lose much if the "armor" (cloth outfit in this case) is just a buck, ala Spector. Two heads, masked/unmasked. While I love the Jitsu sculpt, go the opposite direction on this one and keep him less-weathered/younger. Yes to all of his weapons. Question:

3. Extendar - While I realize the original figure had a much thicker sculpt than normal due to its action feature, I really feel Extendar should be treated similar to Mekaneck and King Hsss. Keep him regular size, just include lots of extending pieces. A King Hsss-style detachable torso, Trap-Jaw/Roboto-style arm sockets, similar ones on the legs and Mekaneck-style pieces for his neck, and he's good to go. To be honest, the vintage figure, with a bulkier style, lighter (empty) plastic to accommodate parts, etc made him feel like a knock-off figure instead of a real MOTU.

4. Rio Blast - I'm seeing a lot of Mantenna/Snake-Face style things on him, particularly a chest cavity that can be covered up with a snap-on piece or snap-on guns, same with knees. I really wouldn't mind them going the Fisto/Jitsu route of giving him a slightly more-rugged face sculpt.

5. Dragstor - This one I'm not sure it would be worth trying to replicate the action feature. Maybe just a sculpted-on nod to it, or at most, an embedded turning wheel. Maybe they can also give him a whip as a weapon and do like they've done with some of the POP figures, and design it to reference his old pull-chord.

6. Blast Attack - I'd be perfectly fine if he isn't designed to replicate his action feature. Would love to see what kind of paint-app magic they can do with his mechanical details.

7. Horde Trooper - Torn on this one in a way. For them to be a two-pack, you would almost have to do something different with the second one, and then you really wouldn't be army-building an army of identical soldiers. Hopefully whatever they do to gimmick the 2nd figure, it's removable so that both can be identical.

8. Tung Lashor - I kinda see them going the Fang Man route with him, giving his lip just a bit of separation (a more subtle version of the concept used with Kobra Khan and Leech); not as much as Fang Man, but just enough so that you can place and remove his tongue. Keep his unique Vintage hands/fingers instead of the more generic 200x claws. Maybe include a second head, with an elongated jawbone and a longer (detachable) tongue for the 200x fans. Dragonfly weapon a must.

9/10. Rotar and Twistoid - I'll be honest: I do not like the idea of giving these characters legs. Don't get me wrong, some of the fan art depicting such LOOKS cool, but it loses the point of the characters. Rotar is supposed to be an amputee who didn't become Rotar until after he lost his limbs. Granted, "supposed to be" doesn't mean much. I dunno, just my preference. Both definitely need to come with some sort of stand though, for sure.

11. Sssqueeze - The 4H are sticking to the Vintage designs so far on the Snake Men, so I think we're getting his "gator head" but I wouldn't mind a 200x second head included. While we're at it, have plugs at the end of his (non-bendy) arms for detachable hands - 1 pair sorta vintage (look at those things, they're....weird), and 1 pair mini-snake 200x faces. Got a feeling "Real Name: Tanglor" will be on his package.

12/13. Blade and Saurod - Really nice sculpts. All I'm asking.

14. Gwildor - Smaller than vintage, please. Keep him in scale, similar to Orko (not in size, I mean, that's too small; just scale it back a notch or two). Wouldn't mind a face sculpt that resembled Billy Barty at least a little. Bucket of chicken as a gag inclusion (put it with Wun-Dar's bread and Eternos Randor's chalice and you have a meal).

15. Modulok - I'd *prefer* he and Multi-Bot aren't just tossed together. Heck, make him his own two-pack; Include "Filmation" Modulok with a second figure comprised of the other head detail-less Vintage-style body and parts. Mix and match from there.

16. Multi-Bot - Whereas Modulok could pass as a two-pack, Multi-Bot would just be a deluxe, with about the same amount of parts but only one torso. Include his alternate heads from other media.

17-21. Flying Fists He-Man, Terror-Claws Skeletor, Buzz Saw Hordak, Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor - Eh. Long as they look okay, not bothered one way or the other about these.

Great summation, and Saurod is definitely my top pick out of this group.