Thread: Beware the Batman

Hybrid View

Beware the Batman

We finally see some actual footage. Its not bad - quite "Green Lantern-esque". I'll give it a shot.

I liked the Green Lantern series so I am hoping for the best with this series too! I do like the obscure Rogues gallery this round!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    We finally see some actual footage. Its not bad - quite "Green Lantern-esque". I'll give it a shot.

http://youtu.be/Q706SDHrU1M
    the canned green lantern for this? sigh
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

THAT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY

TERRIBLE

The design for Batman looks awful and making this trailer basically a AMV with bad clips set to terrible music (like most yuotube AMVs) it doesn't make me care one bit about seeing this new toon any time soon

This is a fail
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    The design for Batman looks awful...
    I think they were going for something based off his original comic book appearances, from the way the head and mask look.

I try never to pre-judge a WB DC toon; I thought Brave & Bold was going to be a train wreck, but it actually had a lot of Silver Age goodness in it for us older comic fans. I thought the first Titans series was going to be abysmal, but strong writing overcame the superdeformed faces and some of the sillier elements. Then again, Titans Go! is every bit as horrid as I feared it might be. Point is, I'll see what the show is like before passing any judgement. Having a different array of villains is probably wise, as we've seen the big guns in multiple forms through the past Bat shows; they do need something a little different here or there's no real reason for making another Bat series. If some of the same folks here were part of the GL series, it may be good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

not saying it will be terrible, I am saying that the designs and that trailer / sizzle reel looks terrible. Why it fails so far is that it is not getting me interested in the show at all and instead just making me more and more annoyed that Green Lantern and Young Justice were cancelled so we could get this horrendous looking thing

Oh and as for Brave & Bold... I utterly hated it, couldn't stand the animation, the voice acting or the stories. Only good thing i can say about it is that it introduced me to the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle which was nice, apart from that it sucked.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; June 24, 2013 at 04:23pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I liked the GL Animated series and was sad to see it killed, so I will give this a watch. With WB shows on the CN I have learned to not get too attached
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    not saying it will be terrible, I am saying that the designs and that trailer / sizzle reel looks terrible. Why it fails so far is that it is not getting me interested in the show at all and instead just making me more and more annoyed that Green Lantern and Young Justice were cancelled so we could get this horrendous looking thing
    Meh, they didn't kill GL and YJ to make room for BtB, they killed it due to low merchandising dollars. One thing DC hasn't done as well as marvel is PIMP THEIR MERCH.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    the canned green lantern for this? sigh
    Eh, canning anything for even a bad Batman show seems pretty standard for WB. Not sure if this will be bad, but I'll wait before I bother checking out another DC show.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior

What A Shock, Cartoon Network Puts Beware The Batman On Hiatus Until January

A couple days ago CN pulled Beware the Batman from its immediate schedule this weekend and said that it'll come back in January. Does this surprise anyone who watched Young Justice? I can't stand this Chinese water torture this network does with its serious drama superhero series, with a slow drip of new episodes here and there. Seriously, if you've decided you can't make any toy sales off the series just do us all a favor and cancel it now instead of dragging this out forever. Why bother getting invested in any of these serious superhero cartoons if they're going to do this? We're lucky to get 13 episodes a year of them. Meanwhile they keep cranking out episodes of Regular Show, Gumball, Annoying Orange, etc. every single week. As soon as one season of them ends the next season starts the following week. I guess the secret to success at CN is to treat kids like idiots. Thoughts?