Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware the Batman

Beware the Batman

We finally see some actual footage. Its not bad - quite "Green Lantern-esque". I'll give it a shot.

I liked the Green Lantern series so I am hoping for the best with this series too! I do like the obscure Rogues gallery this round!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    We finally see some actual footage. Its not bad - quite "Green Lantern-esque". I'll give it a shot.

http://youtu.be/Q706SDHrU1M
    the canned green lantern for this? sigh
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

THAT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY

TERRIBLE

The design for Batman looks awful and making this trailer basically a AMV with bad clips set to terrible music (like most yuotube AMVs) it doesn't make me care one bit about seeing this new toon any time soon

This is a fail
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    the canned green lantern for this? sigh
    Eh, canning anything for even a bad Batman show seems pretty standard for WB. Not sure if this will be bad, but I'll wait before I bother checking out another DC show.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    The design for Batman looks awful...
    I think they were going for something based off his original comic book appearances, from the way the head and mask look.

I try never to pre-judge a WB DC toon; I thought Brave & Bold was going to be a train wreck, but it actually had a lot of Silver Age goodness in it for us older comic fans. I thought the first Titans series was going to be abysmal, but strong writing overcame the superdeformed faces and some of the sillier elements. Then again, Titans Go! is every bit as horrid as I feared it might be. Point is, I'll see what the show is like before passing any judgement. Having a different array of villains is probably wise, as we've seen the big guns in multiple forms through the past Bat shows; they do need something a little different here or there's no real reason for making another Bat series. If some of the same folks here were part of the GL series, it may be good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

not saying it will be terrible, I am saying that the designs and that trailer / sizzle reel looks terrible. Why it fails so far is that it is not getting me interested in the show at all and instead just making me more and more annoyed that Green Lantern and Young Justice were cancelled so we could get this horrendous looking thing

Oh and as for Brave & Bold... I utterly hated it, couldn't stand the animation, the voice acting or the stories. Only good thing i can say about it is that it introduced me to the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle which was nice, apart from that it sucked.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; June 24, 2013 at 04:23pm.

I liked the GL Animated series and was sad to see it killed, so I will give this a watch. With WB shows on the CN I have learned to not get too attached
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

not saying it will be terrible, I am saying that the designs and that trailer / sizzle reel looks terrible. Why it fails so far is that it is not getting me interested in the show at all and instead just making me more and more annoyed that Green Lantern and Young Justice were cancelled so we could get this horrendous looking thing
    Meh, they didn't kill GL and YJ to make room for BtB, they killed it due to low merchandising dollars. One thing DC hasn't done as well as marvel is PIMP THEIR MERCH.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Meh, they didn't kill GL and YJ to make room for BtB, they killed it due to low merchandising dollars. One thing DC hasn't done as well as marvel is PIMP THEIR MERCH.
    That's what basically happened to Static Shock, as well. These days, it's not all about the ratings, it's about selling the property as a whole.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

well for whatever reason 2 excellent shows were cancelled and have been replaced by an awful Teen Titans piece of garbage and yet another Batman, a damn awful looking Batman at that.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That's what basically happened to Static Shock, as well. These days, it's not all about the ratings, it's about selling the property as a whole.
    yeah, it sucks that WB doesn't make a behemoth campaign with their characters/
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Not bad! I'll certainly make a point to check it out. I do miss traditional animation and it's beauty, but we're never gona get The Animated Series back. Not with that old art direction, anyway.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I no longer have any reasons to watch cartoon network because all there good shows are gone.

well for whatever reason 2 excellent shows were cancelled and have been replaced by an awful Teen Titans piece of garbage and yet another Batman, a damn awful looking Batman at that.
    Both of those will be missed greatly. Hal is my favorite DC hero of all time, and YJ was approaching JLU levels of character and story in the last season. Neither was worth losing for something like Titans Go (Away! Please!!!).

So...I really liked that.

Way more than I expected.

Tone was fantastic, writing was strong, and I like the re-imagining of some key characters.

I was prepared to not like the animation, thinking it was much more suited for Green Lantern, but it grew on me as the episode progressed.

I'm in.

So...I really liked that.

Way more than I expected.

Tone was fantastic, writing was strong, and I like the re-imagining of some key characters.

I was prepared to not like the animation, thinking it was much more suited for Green Lantern, but it grew on me as the episode progressed.

I'm in.
    going to give it a go tonight, your endorsement gives me hope!!

Fear is faith in failure

i did not like it.

Did not like the animation. I hated the animation when it was just a trailer, but a whole episode of it was pretty damn close to being unbearable.

Did not like the fact that Alfred looks like he should be the one in the costume instead of Bruce

Did not like the villains, they were TOO cartoony

Did not like that Asian chick and judging by the color of her bike I have a feeling she

may become robin
    which I don't like, the first Robin should always be D. Grayson.

Oh and I really did not like the theme song

I would honestly say this is the third worst version of Batman I have seen (#2 being Adam West and #1 being from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns)

i did not like it. b

I would honestly say this is the third worst version of Batman I have seen (#2 being Adam West and #1 being from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns)
    I like Adam Wests Version, but I agree that I don't get the love for The Dark Knight Returns....just an excuse to be violent in my case...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

the style and design is sooo bad looking. I don't think I will be giving this show a chance at all.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It was...all right. It has potential, at any rate...at least for the obscure villains, which, I'll admit, is the major reason I have for wanting to watch this show, to see foes never-before-animated.

Not crazy about the re-write on Alfred's tone. Pyg was dramatically different from the comic, but he needed to be. I did like the guest appearances from members of the larger DCU, though. I certainly don't need Katana as a sidekick, but we'll see how she's written.

The animation seems fluid, but Batman's own physique just seems odd to me - I think it's his arms being too long, or appearing that way.

We'll see how it goes. As for now, the only real selling point is seeing Anarky, Magpie, Humpty Dumpty, Silver Monkey, etc....
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

i did not like it.

Did not like the animation. I hated the animation when it was just a trailer, but a whole episode of it was pretty damn close to being unbearable.

Did not like the fact that Alfred looks like he should be the one in the costume instead of Bruce

Did not like the villains, they were TOO cartoony

Did not like that Asian chick and judging by the color of her bike I have a feeling she which I don't like, the first Robin should always be D. Grayson.

Oh and I really did not like the theme song

She is Katana, won't be robin.

I liked it for the most part, Alfred reminds me of Jason Statham though, the tone, esp of Alfred is like the new Batman earth one graphic novel.
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 17, 2013 at 08:09pm.

Fear is faith in failure

I don't know who Katana is and I don't have any interest in finding out

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

the tone, esp of Alfred is like the new Batman earth one graphic novel.
    I liked that.

I mean, this is what? The 3 millionth Batman cartoon? I like going in some different directions.

I don't know who Katana is and I don't have any interest in finding out
    at the least you can rest that she won't be robin.
    I liked that.

I mean, this is what? The 3 millionth Batman cartoon? I like going in some different directions.
    Agreed. I mean no personal offense to anyone but I am weary of the fan reactions to change. I don't mind a genuine heartfelt attempt at breathing new life into a franchise. So far I feel this show is still respectful of the character while trying somethg new. Its not like batman and company are in a rock band.

Fear is faith in failure