Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware the Batman

"new" is ok for me as well, hell I really really love the new 52 because it is new and has given me a chance to get into comic titles that I would not normally have read.

The problem with this is, one the abysmal animation which is a complete and utter eyesore and makes me feel sick to just look at it due to its sheer and utter awfulness and Batman himself.

Not only does he run off without getting all the facts showing us that this guy really sucks as a detective, he gets his arm hurt by a guy Batman should be able to take out in his sleep, gets his car damaged by a cartoony canon fired by a toad and a guy in a pig mask and then, imho the worst part of all, at the end fight when Toad throws a bunch of bombs at him he jumps out of the window and pretty much immediately gets into his car and drives off. He makes NO attempt to find Pyg or Toad to see if they survived the explosion or at least to apprehend them before they started their collection again, no he just runs (well drives) away.

So I don't know who this guy is but I am quite certain that it is NOT Batman
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    "new" is ok for me as well, hell I really really love the new 52 because it is new and has given me a chance to get into comic titles that I would not normally have read.

The problem with this is, one the abysmal animation which is a complete and utter eyesore and makes me feel sick to just look at it due to its sheer and utter awfulness and Batman himself.

Not only does he run off without getting all the facts showing us that this guy really sucks as a detective, he gets his arm hurt by a guy Batman should be able to take out in his sleep, gets his car damaged by a cartoony canon fired by a toad and a guy in a pig mask and then, imho the worst part of all, at the end fight when Toad throws a bunch of bombs at him he jumps out of the window and pretty much immediately gets into his car and drives off. He makes NO attempt to find Pyg or Toad to see if they survived the explosion or at least to apprehend them before they started their collection again, no he just runs (well drives) away.

So I don't know who this guy is but I am quite certain that it is NOT Batman
    well I'm with you on the new 52 stuff, I like most of what I'm reading too. Don't know if you've read Batman Earth One yet (if not judging by your post, you'd hate it) but I think this series is based on that continutiy to a point. Alfred in that is NOT the alfred we all know and love he is a lot like this one, and he is in a sense teaching Batman how to become a better batman, who gets hurt by some jabronis and makes some silly mistakes. so long as he develops into the fully competent batman I love I don't mind seeing him more green as a young crime fighter (which I'm still assuming this one is) I think the animation is good but I am not that big on bat's design.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    well I'm with you on the new 52 stuff, I like most of what I'm reading too. Don't know if you've read Batman Earth One yet (if not judging by your post, you'd hate it) but I think this series is based on that continutiy to a point. Alfred in that is NOT the alfred we all know and love he is a lot like this one, and he is in a sense teaching Batman how to become a better batman, who gets hurt by some jabronis and makes some silly mistakes. so long as he develops into the fully competent batman I love I don't mind seeing him more green as a young crime fighter (which I'm still assuming this one is) I think the animation is good but I am not that big on bat's design.
    Agreed. This is not the experienced "nobody beats Batman" version that we usually see. This is a much more fallible Batman that is learning how to become a crime fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Agreed. This is not the experienced "nobody beats Batman" version that we usually see. This is a much more fallible Batman that is learning how to become a crime fighter.
    yep, i LOVE the five steps ahead of you Batman, BUT I also love seeing how he gets to that point. one of the reasons i love the old Jackie chan movies is the training sequences. SOOO much fun!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Enjoyed both episodes & thought Magpie was terrific!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

caught the last half of the 2nd episode, watched it with my friend who is very picky in his batmen, and he was very impressed. he didn't see the more controversial changes (outside of the suit) but he liked it a lot, he also liked the idea of this alfred when I explained it to him. can't wait to watch the whole epiosde!!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    This week's episode wasn't bad, IMO. I like the new take on Magpie.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Well I didn't even realize this was out yet? I am watching the 1st episode "On Demand" gotta say I probably wont bother with this show. The animation seems outdated doesn't compare to Clone Wars, and Alfred suddenly became Jason Statham? And what was up with the colored guns at the beginning??? Just not feeling it.

Looks alright but I'm not impressed. I suppose it's a good call with it looking like Batman is only starting out and having Gordon wanting to arrest him. Not enough to keep me interested until I get to actually play as a rookie Batman when Arkham Origins comes out.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Problem is, this Batman is never going to survive long enough to become the Batman we know. Terry McGuiness was better at the job than this guy from the outset. Things were just sort of glanced over at the end, despite the fact that Stagg was right, and they all could have been killed because of Bruce's mistakes. The show didn't really deal with that point, or that Bruce just drove off without even checking to see if he could catch up with the baddies. It was something I've rarely been able to call one of the DC toons: badly written. There's potential here, going with lesser known villains and a new take on Alfred, but it didn't come together well. Haven't watched the second episode (shows how impressed I was with the first); I'll give it some time to find its legs, but I'm thus far iffy about it, at best. It's so far nowhere near as good as either of the shows that got canned to make room for it and Poketitans.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior

What A Shock, Cartoon Network Puts Beware The Batman On Hiatus Until January

A couple days ago CN pulled Beware the Batman from its immediate schedule this weekend and said that it'll come back in January. Does this surprise anyone who watched Young Justice? I can't stand this Chinese water torture this network does with its serious drama superhero series, with a slow drip of new episodes here and there. Seriously, if you've decided you can't make any toy sales off the series just do us all a favor and cancel it now instead of dragging this out forever. Why bother getting invested in any of these serious superhero cartoons if they're going to do this? We're lucky to get 13 episodes a year of them. Meanwhile they keep cranking out episodes of Regular Show, Gumball, Annoying Orange, etc. every single week. As soon as one season of them ends the next season starts the following week. I guess the secret to success at CN is to treat kids like idiots. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Problem is, this Batman is never going to survive long enough to become the Batman we know. Terry McGuiness was better at the job than this guy from the outset. Things were just sort of glanced over at the end, despite the fact that Stagg was right, and they all could have been killed because of Bruce's mistakes. The show didn't really deal with that point, or that Bruce just drove off without even checking to see if he could catch up with the baddies. It was something I've rarely been able to call one of the DC toons: badly written. There's potential here, going with lesser known villains and a new take on Alfred, but it didn't come together well. Haven't watched the second episode (shows how impressed I was with the first); I'll give it some time to find its legs, but I'm thus far iffy about it, at best. It's so far nowhere near as good as either of the shows that got canned to make room for it and Poketitans.
    do yourself a favour and watch the episodes that have aired - youw ill see why grinningidiot is rightly annoyed at CNs predictable move. the show has really come into its own, the writing acting etc are excellent, it's a crying shame that CN seems to treat its best shows so shoddily. maybe it's the kids today, maybe the corporations nurture them that way (notice all the crappy shows are so very poorly designed and animated?? read CHEAP) but what ever it is, watch Beware and you (if you can get over the non traditional stuff) will REALLY enjoy it.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Typical Cartoon Network... I guess this joins the other cartoons with failed or a lack of toylines that CN loves to cancel. Thundercats 2011, 200X/MYP MOTU, Symbiotic Titan, Megas XLR, Green Lantern, Young Justice and Secret Saturdays. The list grows longer...

Like the other Batman shows, Beware the Batman has the Herculean task of trying to follow up on Batman TAS, which was basically "Batman done right".

• Batman Beyond was Batman in the future. Still part of Batman TAS, but "Batman in the future" has been done.
    • The Batman was a young Batman fighting redesigned enemies
    • Batman: Brave and the Bold was a lighthearted Batman team-up show after years of dark Batman
    • Beware the Batman was another young Batman, but with obscure villains, new sidekick Katana and a younger Alfred with guns.

I'm surprised...usually Batman is so over with the general populace that it's hard to screw him up. Mattel did get a Batman line cancelled back in 2004 and now there is this. I guess fans weren't feeling an inexperienced Batman who gets his ass kicked, the sparse CGI art style (can't render so many things or people at once), obscure villains like Professor Pyg and Magpie over the way more familiar Joker and Two Face, the Jason Statham-like Alfred or Katana replacing Robin. I've heard that Teen Titans Go had better ratings.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Typical Cartoon Network... I guess this joins the other cartoons with failed or a lack of toylines that CN loves to cancel. Thundercats 2011, 200X/MYP MOTU, Symbiotic Titan, Megas XLR, Green Lantern, Young Justice and Secret Saturdays. The list grows longer...

Like the other Batman shows, Beware the Batman has the Herculean task of trying to follow up on Batman TAS, which was basically "Batman done right".

• Batman Beyond was Batman in the future. Still part of Batman TAS, but "Batman in the future" has been done.
    • Batman: Brave and the Bold was a lighthearted Batman team-up show after years of dark Batman
    • Beware the Batman was another young Batman, but with obscure villains, new sidekick Katana and a younger Alfred with guns.

I'm surprised...usually Batman is so over with the general populace that it's hard to screw him up. Mattel did get a Batman line cancelled back in 2004 and now there is this. I guess fans weren't feeling an inexperienced Batman who gets his ass kicked, the sparse CGI art style (can't render so many things or people at once), obscure villains like Professor Pyg and Magpie over the way more familiar Joker and Two Face, the Jason Statham-like Alfred or Katana replacing Robin. I've heard that Teen Titans Go had better ratings.
    Comedy cartoons seem to do better on CN, action cartoons generally seem to get the shaft much sooner. there are exceptions but still.
    It's frustrating as a fan though because I prefer cartoons mostly to live action shows, but I LOVE a cartoon that has that live action show level of writing and acting. Strong story arc etc, but that's not an easy sell. I wish there was a network that catered to strong cartoon franchises, maybe the funds can be suplemented by high end collectibles, don't break it down per show/license but make it work overall etc. I don't know just spitballin' here.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

The Batman was another one I skipped... THe Designs just didn't appeal to me. Here, while I normally like CGI animation, it looked like a second gen video game attempt.

Just bring back green lantern through kickstarter if you have to
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I'm not surprised by this, but neither am I terribly disappointed. I haven't been really enjoying the show - while some elements of it I like, for the most part I find it bland and non-engaging. While I liked the concept of using obscure villains, most haven't been written very well, and come across (IMO) as knock-offs of more famous types...Anarky in particular feels like a cut-rate Joker. If it has additional life, hopefully it will pick up, but overall I can't honestly say I'll miss it.

I finished watching this series, and dammit, it was EXTREMELY well done. I admit it started a bit slow, but it was purposeful, esp when viewed as a whole. Honestly, I know I can't fault people for thir tastes but if you can't see past whatever your prejudices are to the gold that was in this series, well I feel sorry for you because this was a FANTASTIC watch! REALLY sucks that it won't continue, and there isn't a proper toyline.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I finished watching this series, and dammit, it was EXTREMELY well done. I admit it started a bit slow, but it was purposeful, esp when viewed as a whole. Honestly, I know I can't fault people for thir tastes but if you can't see past whatever your prejudices are to the gold that was in this series, well I feel sorry for you because this was a FANTASTIC watch! REALLY sucks that it won't continue, and there isn't a proper toyline.
    Very much like the Green Lantern series. Started out slow, and was a bit weird visually, but once it found its storytelling footing, it got quite good.

This hasn't returned in the states, yet, has it? I thought it started back up in July at some point?

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    This hasn't returned in the states, yet, has it? I thought it started back up in July at some point?
    Yes and No on if it has returned. It went back on the schedule during Adult Swim's Toonami at 3AM! They started from the begining and new episodes (at least here in the United States) do indeed start at the end of July!
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Ah, good to know. I thought this had been cancelled completely.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Ah, good to know. I thought this had been cancelled completely.
    Yeah CN has done this before with the Transformers series (in that case it was on weekdays at 6AM) and put the remaining episodes of a "failed" series on at what most people call "ridiculous" times, I am a night owl so its an ok time for me lol.

They also put reruns of cancelled series at those times to til their contracts run out (Thundercats 2011 is a good example and it ended reruns on my birthday last year and currently Star Wars the Clone Wars)
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!