Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Clamp Champ won't be available DOS

Clamp Champ won't be available DOS

From Matty:

Hey Matty and MOTUC fans!
    Just got in final package samples of July's Clamp Champ figure! Note that while this is a monthly figure, like Fang Man, Clamp Champ here will not have any "day of" stock for 2013. So the only way to get him in July is if you are a subscriber! (hey, Club Eternia has its benifits!)
    We are all so pumped for SDCC right around the corner, but until then, here is a new packaged shot and bio to feed your MOTUC needs!
    See you in San Diego!
    Matty
    PS: Don't forget the 2014 Club Eternia subscription is on sale now! More details at SDCC at our fan panel at 11:00 on Friday July 19th in rooom 25ABC.

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

OY! The face isn't bad per se, but just going by this pic, he looks a lot rougher than when last we saw him... LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, good timing on this one, Mattel! You took a vintage figure and specifically made this one DOS stock only, during the month of SDCC, to strong-arm those on the fence about 2014 to sub up or miss out. Both super manipulative and brilliant as far as guaranteeing sales go, ha ha!

The skin is much more glossy than the prototype. I am elated to have bought 2 subs more because I wanted an extra clamp champ and no dos would've made that suck.

Cool looking figure. Too bad he'll be only available via the sub! I'm sure that a number of fans will be outraged by this decision...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Ya, totally too glossy. I hope it's just the way the camera took the pic.

Still excited about Clamp Champ. As a kid, I didn't care for him. He seemed pretty boring and cliché. But overtime, he's become one of my favorite later figures/characters.

Skin being glossier isn't too surprising since we've only seen a hand-painted proto so far. I'm sure the studio lighting is just magnifying it, too. I do miss the days of painted skin. Otherwise, I think he looks good. Not the most exciting figure ever, perhaps, but one I'm excited to own.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I wasn't really interested in him before, until I saw him in 'classics form' - really looking forward to getting him next month.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Also, good timing on this one, Mattel! You took a vintage figure and specifically made this one DOS stock only, during the month of SDCC, to strong-arm those on the fence about 2014 to sub up or miss out. Both super manipulative and brilliant as far as guaranteeing sales go, ha ha!
    It's called marketing! This was 100% done on purpose. At least they are upfront about it unlike Fisto, who was also under made on purpose. Sadly those that really wanted him are screwed if they couldn't afford a sub.

He must use the same moisturizer as Battleground Teela. Kidding.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    It's called marketing! This was 100% done on purpose. At least they are upfront about it unlike Fisto, who was also under made on purpose. Sadly those that really wanted him are screwed if they couldn't afford a sub.
    Not sure that latter point is more than a conspiracy theory. Not a totally far out, one, of course. What you say MIGHT make sense if they'd actually gotten a figure out to every subscriber, but there wasn't even enough for that. I think that was just a gigantic screw-up somewhere more than being planned.

I'm so happy about this, it's been my dream since the day I subscribed that Clamp-Chump would be easy to offload!
    Thank you Matty!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't think the Fisto fiasco was planned.

But i will activate "smug mode" and say that I totally called this happening (although to be honest I was betting on it being NA He-Man).
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Too glossy, I am saying this as an person of African-American descent in part. We have: tanned, walnut, high-yellow, caramel, brown, dark brown, black and now shiny 'glossy.'

Otherwise, he is very impressive figure.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; June 24, 2013 at 07:44pm.

He looks far better in package than I thought he would actually. I wasn't really looking forward to him but I do like him

I like the bio too, and the real name, so thumbs up from me.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not sure that latter point is more than a conspiracy theory. What you say MIGHT make sense if they'd actually gotten a figure out to every subscriber, but there wasn't even enough for that. I think that was just a gigantic screw-up somewhere more than being planned.
    Well, Mattel could have tried to limit Fisto and just botched the plans up. It is Mattel and DR after all.

He continued to lead the Masters of the Universe all the way to the Second Ultimate Battleground. ...Ok, that line is odd. It reads like CC is in command, instead of He-Man.

No mention of his super senses.

Cool figure, shame about the bio. Like always. The last line really ought to be "Clamp Champ surprises Snake Man-At-Arms with his stabbing action!"

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He must use the same moisturizer as Battleground Teela. Kidding.
    Where is the LIKE botton?

I hope the figure looks better in person than he does in that pic.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

No DOS again?
    Why do I even bother with this line anymore.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    I'm so happy about this, it's been my dream since the day I subscribed that Clamp-Chump would be easy to offload!
    Thank you Matty!!!
    It seems unusual that you would have known the day you subbed that "Clamp-Chump" would even be part of said sub, so I call shenanigans! Also, why so glum on Clampy? He's been greatly rendered by the Horsemen and taken from a 'meh' MOTU character into awesome MOTUC territory. Just MHO though.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    Thank you Matty!!!
    Me too! I have no interest in this character, so it's good to know I won't take a loss on him. I think we all predicted Clamp Champ would be sub only soon after Fang Man was announced as sub only at the same time the Filmation sub went on sale!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Guess I shoulda held out for a better trade...lol. I can see the price skyrocketing. Everyone who took a loss on the for men will be making up for it now!

Oooh, he is shiny as HELL! I asked TG about this, but never got an answer, lol. Now I know why. It is a minor thing, also no painted skin means no chipping paint! Really love the skin tone though and the silver and blue looks fantastic. So glad I subbed!

Thrilled to get this figure - he was one of the last ones I remember having as a kid.

Might not be a popular statement but it is a fact. These no DOS figures are good business. Makes the secondary market bananas and sells subs.

His face sculpt looks pretty good…and I agree that the studio lighting is probably making his skin look glossier than it actually is. I'm looking forward to him!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!