Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 649

Thread: Clamp Champ won't be available DOS

  1. #476
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Individual cases of one person spending more money on DOS than one subber does not outweigh the amount of guaranteed sales Scott can show his bosses to allow another year of tooling for the variety of figures this line produces every year.
    I bought almost every figure in the main sub last year DOS....I passed on like 2....and 1 I am glad I didn't get stuck with (Star Sisters). And the other was the Snake Men, I passed because I didn't have the extra money.

    I think Pre-Orders on top of the sub would work....as I said before....the sub has to pass first to guarantee the line goes through....no sub, no PO....then you could PO whichever figures you wanted, and Mattel would only make that amount +. It would still have to be made clear whoever was going to sub to keep the line going, must sub.

    Say 1000 extra people wanted Ram Man, then 1000 extra Rammys got made, then say only 10 people wanted Netossa, then 10 were added to the sub total....no more, no less....everyone who wanted extra could have a chance to get it, then if they missed it....that was on them.

    I know it's not perfect, because you would still get people on the fence who say...."yeah, I'll just wait, there's more than enough people going to sub"....but as I said....make it absolutely clear, like 2013 drama made it clear....no line if the sub doesn't pass.

    But whatever. I'm sure some will still have issues with this type of solution....Just a thought, didn't say it to open a whole new debate.

    Even with a solution such as this you'd have proponents and opponents....for whatever reason....people would still find ways to not get along.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  2. #477
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,140
    Thanks for saving me $35, Mattel!
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  3. #478
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,233
    Sorry, man-but anecdotal evidence of your situation really doens't hold water. before this year I was a selective buyer and bought very few figures. You can never assume that your situation mirrors that of the majority.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  4. #479
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    725
    The whole no DOS thing is not rocket science. We can all come up with 100 different ways to do things different. What it boils down to is if you don't want to sub, then don't. No one is forcing you to do so. If there are still figures you want to get there are half a dozen ways to get them outside the sub...Amazon, Ebay, online re-sellers, conventions, toy shows, comic books shops and last (but certainly not least) your fellow online collectors.

    If you then choose not to sub than you don't really have a right to complain about a figure you can't get because there is no DOS. I always like to compare this to the person who chooses not vote but then constantly complains about the winner. The option is there....

  5. #480
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,338
    I don't see a problem here. He's not a heavy hitter character and not a must have for many fans.

  6. #481
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Sorry, man-but anecdotal evidence of your situation really doens't hold water. before this year I was a selective buyer and bought very few figures. You can never assume that your situation mirrors that of the majority.
    And who said my situation was the norm? No one assumed anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    The whole no DOS thing is not rocket science. We can all come up with 100 different ways to do things different. What it boils down to is if you don't want to sub, then don't. No one is forcing you to do so. If there are still figures you want to get there are half a dozen ways to get them outside the sub...Amazon, Ebay, online re-sellers, conventions, toy shows, comic books shops and last (but certainly not least) your fellow online collectors.

    If you then choose not to sub than you don't really have a right to complain about a figure you can't get because there is no DOS. I always like to compare this to the person who chooses not vote but then constantly complains about the winner. The option is there....
    This just proves what I said....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  7. #482
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,233
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And who said my situation was the norm? No one assumed anything.
    If you were replying to SCB's comment about subscriber numbers outweighing those of selective buyers with a comment about your buying habits and weren't using anecdotal evidence to counter it, what exactly was your point?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  8. #483
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If you were replying to SCB's comment about subscriber numbers outweighing those of selective buyers with a comment about your buying habits and weren't using anecdotal evidence to counter it, what exactly was your point?
    My point was that was what I did in 2012.... in reply to what he said....wasn't meant to be anecdotal....just to state that I for one bought almost every figure in 2012....not that it was the norm for anyone. Therefore, not assuming anything.

    Then I went on to give an option....but as I said....no matter what, even if it benefits everyone....someone will have something to say about it, and start a debate about it simply because they want to be right. I never said my option would work, just that it was an option....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  9. #484
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    352
    Meh, more ridiculous Matty marketing in action. Next will be Mantenna. I'm so glad I stopped collecting MOTUC, great figs but not worth the baggage. I'm happily spending my money elsewhere.

  10. #485
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    My point was that was what I did in 2012.... in reply to what he said....wasn't meant to be anecdotal....just to state that I for one bought almost every figure in 2012....not that it was the norm for anyone. Therefore, not assuming anything.

    Then I went on to give an option....but as I said....no matter what, even if it benefits everyone....someone will have something to say about it, and start a debate about it simply because they want to be right. I never said my option would work, just that it was an option....
    If we can't all misread, imply, and infer things incorrectly, where's the fun?

    Seriously though, could Mattel even just make 10 more of a figure? Maybe they have to make things in increments, maybe 100 or 500. Maybe that plays into it - if 1 dude buys a figure and they have to make 99 to hold on to... Sure they could sell them DOS.

    If they ever did do a pre-order on top of subs, I wonder if they'd only allow subbers to buy the pre-orders. It'll probably never happen though, unless the sub numbers don't go through.

  11. #486
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    If we can't all misread, imply, and infer things incorrectly, where's the fun?

    Seriously though, could Mattel even just make 10 more of a figure? Maybe they have to make things in increments, maybe 100 or 500. Maybe that plays into it - if 1 dude buys a figure and they have to make 99 to hold on to... Sure they could sell them DOS.

    If they ever did do a pre-order on top of subs, I wonder if they'd only allow subbers to buy the pre-orders. It'll probably never happen though, unless the sub numbers don't go through.
    It was just an example of something different to do.... Just an option I was tossing out, not saying it would work.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 28, 2013 at 02:02pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  12. #487
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,658
    I am curious why the community is so upset over this, I've read many people who were critical of the figure from the get go. He is not overly popular nor one of the most demanded figures. Fang-Man wasn't this discussed and he was one of the most requested Filmation characters if I'm remembering correctly. When they announced that some figures were going to have no DOS people didn't bat an eye, yet now some are angry. Also, Mattel reopened the subs giving EVERYONE a second chance to get Clamp Champ and for less than the original $500 via the Lite Sub. I do get people saying they can't afford it, but Mattel has changed the model and they seem to be ok with cutting those who can't afford the line. Do i agree? No, this is a fun line and everyone should get to enjoy it in whatever capacity they can. There are other ways to get the figures albeit more expensively. I just want the MOTU fans to be satisfied.

  13. #488
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    972
    I think there a fair number of sub holders, like me, that purchase multiples of certain figures for customizing, but not enough of them to justify a whole extra sub. The pre-order idea is a good one. For example, with CC, I have my sub version, but I will probably buy about 4 more for customs...Prince Dakon, DC Sir laser lot, He-Bro ( I think the name is a bit boderline, but I love design), and man-at-arms armor. I am certain I am not alone in this. There have been others that have sold out quickly on DOS that I wouold have purchased more of, if I had the chance.

    I will still buy the figs, just from other collectors at an inflated price. This will use up MORE of my toy budget and I won't be able to buy any additional fodder pieces from figures that ARE available DOS or evergreen---sorry King Hsssss, Hordak, and Keldor.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

  14. #489
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I think Pre-Orders on top of the sub would work....as I said before....the sub has to pass first to guarantee the line goes through....no sub, no PO....then you could PO whichever figures you wanted, and Mattel would only make that amount +. It would still have to be made clear whoever was going to sub to keep the line going, must sub.
    Again if a pre-order was on the cards I wouldn't buy a sub like I did for 2013. I'd just pick and choose with the pre-order and if the sub didn't go through I'd shrug it off and buy Ninja Turtles Classics instead The sub is fine so long as it doesn't offer obscure and expensive items.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  15. #490
    Heroic Warrior PantherCult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I think there a fair number of sub holders, like me, that purchase multiples of certain figures for customizing, but not enough of them to justify a whole extra sub.
    I am in this very same boat... and honestly I almost just bought 2 subs this year for that reason, but the idea of that May having to pay for 2 FFM sets plus 2 Karatti figures scared me off. Wish I had though. And I also would have probably bought at least 2 extra Clamp Champ's for my own purposes. Now I'll either have to try to enact reasonable trades for those, or hope the CS stock goes up for sale and I grab them via early access next year...

    Even so, I prefer the subscription model and understand why DOS stock was limited here.

  16. #491
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,781
    I'm very excited about Clamp Champ. I think he turned out great, I love his face sculpt. I do think that it was odd that he got picked as one of the figures to not be available to non-subscribers.

  17. #492
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Again if a pre-order was on the cards I wouldn't buy a sub like I did for 2013. I'd just pick and choose with the pre-order and if the sub didn't go through I'd shrug it off and buy Ninja Turtles Classics instead The sub is fine so long as it doesn't offer obscure and expensive items.
    I knew there would be people who did that....that's why I said....

    I know it's not perfect, because you would still get people on the fence who say...."yeah, I'll just wait, there's more than enough people going to sub"....but as I said....make it absolutely clear, like 2013 drama made it clear....no line if the sub doesn't pass.
    ....towards the end of the post....and like I also said....I never said it would work or not.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  18. #493
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It was just an example of something different to do.... Just an option I was tossing out, not saying it would work.
    I hope my post didn't imply that I thought your idea was a bad one. I actually like it, I was thinking of Mattel's excuses/reasons might be not to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am curious why the community is so upset over this, I've read many people who were critical of the figure from the get go. He is not overly popular nor one of the most demanded figures. Fang-Man wasn't this discussed and he was one of the most requested Filmation characters if I'm remembering correctly. When they announced that some figures were going to have no DOS people didn't bat an eye, yet now some are angry. Also, Mattel reopened the subs giving EVERYONE a second chance to get Clamp Champ and for less than the original $500 via the Lite Sub. I do get people saying they can't afford it, but Mattel has changed the model and they seem to be ok with cutting those who can't afford the line. Do i agree? No, this is a fun line and everyone should get to enjoy it in whatever capacity they can. There are other ways to get the figures albeit more expensively. I just want the MOTU fans to be satisfied.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you here. At last SDCC when news hit that there might not be DOS for every figure, there was a big big stink about it. There was a thread much longer than this one, and people were a lot less respectful in that thread. I was very involved in that thread because it was that very threat that made me decide to quit the line. And a lot of people who were involved in that thread aren't here anymore (or have changed names maybe). Now this is a subjective statement, but I feel the outrage was worse last year. But it was cut short because a couple of days into the arguing, we found out the line was in jeopardy of not going through at all. And then the conversation completely changed.

    Also, in regards to why people are angry when they had the chance to get a sub-lite: SOME people are angry because they are being forced to sub when they don't want to - or go to the secondary market or drop the line. Mattel could give you a hundred chances to sub. If you don't want to sub and are being forced to, you might get angry. I'm not saying who is right or wrong, but you asked why and this is one reason. And it's not like there are hundreds of people here complaining, so even if most people didn't want CC, some will and there you go. Angry thread.

  19. #494
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,709
    People called them on the no DOS and figured it'd be Netossa.

  20. #495
    Heroic Warrior King Criss79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    509
    Mattel has to know there are a lot of DOS buyers.Sure they are afraid of extra inventory but they should have the numbers to help with the production by now. I know they want guaranteed sales but c'mon,grow some balls.

  21. #496
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I fully expect them in 2014 early access,they may even announce that to sell more subs. A pricey tool like fang mang? No way is he sold out. And clamp champ as coll as he is, is all used parts,the profit must be larger on him.

    But then again,they will be subject to early access sell out.

    Cough drop hordak I think will only be on matty and only in 2013.

    Just my thoughts,I could be wrong but this seems likely of TG.
    What I don't get is that they have to have CS stock (fewer of course) but they gotta go somewhere. TOD Sorceress, Drago-Man, CGM all showed up on the last CM sale.
    We may, or probably will see Strobo for a quick 10 minute period.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Individual cases of one person spending more money on DOS than one subber does not outweigh the amount of guaranteed sales Scott can show his bosses to allow another year of tooling for the variety of figures this line produces every year.
    I understand and agree with what your saying in regards to the longevity of the line but i was speaking more to the value of the bottom line, i.e. how much one person spends vs. another.
    If i buy one of each figure via sub but a DOS buyer buys 2 then in that case they do add more to the bottom line than i do.

    I can only assume mattel is more concerned with how much is to be made vs. how long they can keep the line going.
    I mean when they stop making money from it...no matter how they get...we will no longer have a motuc line.
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; June 28, 2013 at 08:00pm.

  22. #497
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Mattel has to know there are a lot of DOS buyers.Sure they are afraid of extra inventory but they should have the numbers to help with the production by now. I know they want guaranteed sales but c'mon,grow some balls.
    They know exactly how many Dos buyers there are....after the sale. they can't make assumptions on how many of any one figure is going to sell. Yeah Clamp Champ would have sold well dos but they are pushing for subs because no matter how many dos buyers there are, the subs are the meat and potatoes of the line.

    if they take a loss one month on one figure and not offer it for dos it may mean a greater return in the end by luring more subscriptions from people not willing to miss big hitters next year.

  23. #498
    Heroic Warrior King Criss79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    They know exactly how many Dos buyers there are....after the sale. they can't make assumptions on how many of any one figure is going to sell. Yeah Clamp Champ would have sold well dos but they are pushing for subs because no matter how many dos buyers there are, the subs are the meat and potatoes of the line.

    if they take a loss one month on one figure and not offer it for dos it may mean a greater return in the end by luring more subscriptions from people not willing to miss big hitters next year.
    I'll just keep getting my figures in the secondary market if I have to.I'm just amused by the games that are taking place.
    Last edited by King Criss79; June 28, 2013 at 09:02pm.

  24. #499
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,680
    If I was to have pegged a conversation that would go the distance, this wasn't the one I would have guessed. I hope this means good things for Clamp Champ!

  25. #500
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If I was to have pegged a conversation that would go the distance, this wasn't the one I would have guessed. I hope this means good things for Clamp Champ!
    501 posts and 20 pages in 4 days....Wow....that's like the which would you like to see cut from MOTUC thread of Scott's.

    Fang Man didn't even cause this much stir....that's what happens when it's the second no DOS figure of the year....wait 'til the next one.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 28, 2013 at 10:08pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •