Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Clamp Champ won't be available DOS

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that could happen if their remarks are taken out of context. I don't think it's because they were black.

Clamp Champ and Netossa came in at the end of their lines (in 1987), missing some chances for widespread characterizations that other characters have gotten years earlier.

Zodak (ZoBLACK as some fans refer to him) might be the most liked brother in MOTU. Although he's 200X, he is usually more liked than his original counterpart because more was done with him with the anti-hero angle of wanting revenge against Hsss for eating his brother.

Dekker is a one-shot character who was in one of the weakest MYP episodes (which did him no favors).
    All of this Exactly! I think it's funny that anyone would even think it would be a race thing. It's a story thing. It's a toy thing.

This " no day of stock" is clearly a PLOY BY Mattel to up the subscription sales and make more money. This is why the line is failing. I love Masters of the universe and always will, but no longer take the subscription or care about the tricks they employ. They are ruining my childhood memories of my favorite toyline because of their corporate greed. Thanks for the figures you've brought us but no thank to the future. Deadbeats.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by widget hunter View Post
    This " no day of stock" is clearly a PLOY BY Mattel to up the subscription sales and make more money. This is why the line is failing. I love Masters of the universe and always will, but no longer take the subscription or care about the tricks they employ. They are ruining my childhood memories of my favorite toyline because of their corporate greed. Thanks for the figures you've brought us but no thank to the future. Deadbeats.
    Cheap marketin' made by cheap people, this ain't marketin', it's just an emotional blackmail.
    When they had to promote the Filmation sub they made Fang-Man an exclusive, now there is the main subscription and they make Clamp Champ, an exclusive. We knew it since february...
    I'm so lucky that I already have the vintage CC and I never wanted the MOTUC version.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 25, 2013 at 05:28pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oops. My bad...you aren't a cherry picker at all...

I'm not too crazy about the sub only idea because it squeezes out NEW CUSTOMERS from starting if they missed out during the subscription enrollment period. Hell, Mattel's whole model of MOTUC marketing only rewards old school fans who were here from the beginning. If you're new to the line around say...October or March, you're out of luck until sometime in the summer.

TG has the numbers and the sales data...maybe there aren't so many new fans who want to get in on the line.
    I think it's pretty well established that Mattel's business model isn't really focused on attracting new customers at this point for a line that's been around for almost 5 years now. Sure, the new DC Comics might garner some scant interest, and I don't know if they advertise the Classics line via MattyCollector since I haven't read any of those comics. But at this point, why bother since most items are sold out? As it relates to the Classics line only, new customers wouldn't be able to get most of the figures that were available, let alone the core characters, as there are no more re-issues being offered at all. For any potential new customer to the Classics line, how depressing would it be for them to find out that they missed over 100 characters already, and that some main characters such as Teela/Fisto/Sorceress fetch high dollars on the secondary market?

As for TG having the numbers and the sales data and that maybe there aren't so many new fans who want to get in on Classics, I think he's pretty much said that already as it relates to the re-issues not selling very well, hence why they stopped offering them.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    So, unlike Strobo, Clamp Champ is a rare one time offering only figure.

I wonder how many trade threads are going to appear this week offering a carded Strobo for a carded Clamp Champ?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Due to that "brilliant" decision made by Matty/Mattel, I can only advise people who want a Clamp Champ outside of the sub, to order him at a reseller's store...

The subscription diktat, coupled to all the issues there are with DR, Matty etc. , is NOT a good thing for a long term lifetime of the line.

Heroic Warrior
    It's amazing how many fail to realize the subscription is the only model that will get all the figures made. In 2011 when Mattel had the most subs sold, figures were easily available and secondary market sellers were stuck ewith product or losing money when selling, enter 2012 sub selling season (SDCC 2011) and subscription numbers fall greatly, customers saw how easy figures have been to obtain on Mattycollector and resellers are not making money, so Mattel cuts production and eliminates reissues moving forward. But the 2011 damage was already done, and 2012 sub sales were down, and dropped even further in 2013 and this has more to do with most of the wanted figures by the masses already done, an expensive 3 pack (2nd year in a row for this?) that prohibits multiple sub purchases, and continued frustration for multiple reasons from fans. Selling subscriptions is like selling a retail line to a retail chain, they are guaranteed sales and it doesn't matter if the figure is Two-Bad or Plundor. So Mattel selling subscritions is what will keep this line going, no matter if it's enticing resellers because with no day of stock figures should be profitable, or the fact they want selective buyers to purchase subs because they are afraid they will miss a figure important to them (and sell or trade those they don't), because the line is coming down to a lot of characters may could care less about.

Heroic Warrior
    Well with this decision, i think i will cancel my castle greyskull preorder. And i thought to sub this year, but after that i won't.
    Blackmail brings blackmail, the sad thing is that in this way are the fans that lose.

Heroic Warrior
    It's amazing how many fail to realize the subscription is the only model that will get all the figures made.
    Personally, I think it's amazing to see all the naive fans who STILL believe any BS coming out of Matty's mouth...

Gotta say...I LOVE his bio.
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    At this point in the line I think Mattel should be all sub only. So in my eyes, having any DOS at all, they're being much nicer than I ever would be.
    I would NOT be surprised at ALL if that is announced at SDCC... It just seems to be the way the road is going....

And frankly, i have nOT been pleased with THIS subscription... so if next year is heavy PoP... I'm probably out.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i been waiting for cc for a long time. glad he has finally came
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I don't understand the decision. I do have a sub and always get extras for the characters that I like through DOS.
    If Matty doesn't offer DOS, I simply move on. It is nice to have extras, but if it's too difficult or expensive for me to get them, I just don't bother. And with this decision of not offering DOS, Matty has already lost at least 2 business opportunities from me. Still, I won't increase the number of my sub next year. Actually, I have spent a lot less money on MOTUC this year because of all the policy changes.

I just don't know if that is a good thing for the line.
    Last edited by Arm-Ore; June 25, 2013 at 03:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    It's amazing how many fail to realize the subscription is the only model that will get all the figures made.
    Blocking people who cant afford to sub 'all-in' or people who only come to know about the line later is the way they are slowly killing this line.
    I still cant fathom how this company doesn't realise that a sale is a sale regardless of whether its a sub or day of purchase! #basicmarketing
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    What?? how exactly are they ruining a 'memory' for you? Have they gone back to your childhood and changed that memory somehow?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

This is the first figure I am thinking about offloading. I even kept Netossa!
    I'll probably put mine of ebay at cost.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I still cant fathom how this company doesn't realise that a sale is a sale regardless of whether its a sub or day of purchase! #basicmarketing
    100% agree with this statement.

And let me add that them talking about the mad rush to get a figure from their website adds "excitement" to online shopping is BS. More like hair-pulling, imo. A sale is a sale, they're still making money for crying out loud. This line and fan base isn't THAT small. Sheesh.

Am totally happy that CC is DOS only... don't want him, don't need him so no sweat off my brow but I can see how some people are upset. Understandably so......
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

This " no day of stock" is clearly a PLOY BY Mattel to up the subscription sales and make more money. This is why the line is failing. I love Masters of the universe and always will, but no longer take the subscription or care about the tricks they employ. They are ruining my childhood memories of my favorite toyline..... ..... Deadbeats.
    Agreed. Sad part is that Mattel's "team" does this so shamelessly. All they have to do is count IP hits their site gets with each DOS, count the number of purchases for each figure sold on DOS, and use that data to gather and make predictions for future DOS stock. There are several hundred, if not several thousand, of us who buy DOS because we don't want to be forced to spend our (30-50 dollars each) hard-earned money on crap like FFM, Cartoon Randor, Karatti, Star Sisters, Spector, Cy Chop, Adventures He-Man, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Arm-Ore View Post
    I don't understand the decision. I do have a sub and always get extras for the characters that I like through DOS.
    If Matty doesn't offer DOS, I simply move on. It is nice to have extras, but if it's too difficult or expensive for me to get them, I just don't bother. And with this decision of not offering DOS, Matty has already lost at least 2 business opportunities from me. Still, I won't increase the number of my sub next year. Actually, I have spent a lot less money on MOTUC this year because of all the policy changes.

I just don't know if that is a good thing for the line.
    Of course it's not a good thing for the line.

Mattel's "team" continues to alienate and anger the MOTU fans with each passing day.

Think of how many people were on board with this line 2-3 years ago. Juxtapose that number with the number that follows it today, and I can only imagine the vast differences in size and vigor of the two distinct fanbases. People hate this line and hate Mattel's "team" because of the consistent bad behavior from the company toward the customers.
    Last edited by Jaw Bridge; June 25, 2013 at 04:23am.

HO NO !! i was planning to buy an extra one for a friend !!! this is soooo annoying !!

Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    HO NO !! i was planning to buy an extra one for a friend !!! this is soooo annoying !!
    Dude, you're not allowed to buy what you want to buy.

You're not allowed to request what you want.

You, as a customer, DO NOT MATTER AT ALL.

You, in fact, will accept whatever Mattel's "team" says or does no matter what.

This is, after all, a great business practice from company toward customer.

Didn't you get the memo from them?

Last edited by Jaw Bridge; June 25, 2013 at 04:36am.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    a sale is a sale regardless of whether its a sub or day of purchase! #basicmarketing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw Bridge View Post
    Dude, you're not allowed to buy what you want to buy.
    You're not allowed to request what you want.
    You, as a customer, DO NOT MATTER AT ALL.
    You, in fact, will accept whatever Mattel's "team" says or does no matter what.
    This is, after all, a great business practice from company toward customer.
    Didn't you get the memo from them?
    That's the brilliant Mattel strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think so. With a model based on subscriptions and pre-orders we can have the same advantages without grudges.

This is my sweet message to the matty marketin' department...
    http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CE70FE16933990
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; June 25, 2013 at 04:44am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    CC looks good, a bit glossy though (hope its just the photo) It looks as if he has butter face though - same as NA He-man.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Dude, it hit me a while back when I saw a video of Nietlich wearing a T-shirt that said, "ure kiling tha liiine" or some such nonsense on a Mattel logo. He wore a shirt that made clear his condescending viewpoint of us as the customers.

Never, ever have I seen Hasbro, Playmates, Greenlight or other reps treat their customers with such blatant disregard.

Mattel's MOTU "team" is like the creatures in "They Live."

We are expected to OBEY them and PROVIDE MONEY no matter how terrible or condescending they act toward us.

I hate that I had to spend 48 dollars on my Clamp Champ figure on Ebay, but what choice did I have? I am dealing with a sophomoric "team" that sees fit to mock and harass it's customer base rather than consider what works best in the customer/company relationship.

Heaven knows Mattel's sporadic provisions with this line are killing it, let alone their contemptuous and nasty attitudes toward those of us who question the odd behavior.

Blocking people who cant afford to sub 'all-in' or people who only come to know about the line later is the way they are slowly killing this line.
    Slow kill nothing.

The MOTU "team" is accelerating this line straight into the ash bin of history by alienating the customers through harassment, deception, fraud and condescending attitudes.

This website is a ghost town compared to what it was a few years ago because of general fan frustration over the bad behavior from Mattel.

We were told before the sub year started that not every figure would be available for DOS and yet people still complain??
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, NINJOR, ROTAR, TWISTOID

So, everybody who's said that you're gonna cancel...

...Have you cancelled yet? Because you have to prove that you're honest!