Thread: He-Man and She-Ra leaving Netflix!

He-Man and She-Ra leaving Netflix!

I just found this out by accident. I was watching an episode of She-Ra on Netflix streaming and it stated it was available until June 30. Then I checked the original He-Man series and it said the same thing. So both series will be leaving Netflix streaming after this weekend.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

BAH. Crap, I always take Netflix for granted and just put things in my list and forget about them. Well...maybe I should at least pick some episodes people have talked about over the years before they disappear. This kinda sucks...should have taken advantage of this. Ah well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for the heads-up. I already have more on DVD... but not POP. Shoot.

Court Magician
    Any idea if these are leaving Hulu as well?

I own it all. But I still feel bad. I'd rather it be availible for people who arent superfans to have a chance to come across it, or find it by accident, or kinda remember it when they see it, ect.

It'll be back, or not.

I own it, so ...

Crap in a hat! My son and I are only half way through She-Ra and he's out of town... at least I own all of He-Man...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Irony --- for me, there is a Netflix banner ad at the top of this thread

I was going to post this as well. It MIGHT not be going away, though, or at least I hope. When I first signed up for Netflix a couple of years ago, I started watching Mythbusters. Then it came up with the message saying they weren't going to be available after the end of the month, so I started binge watching them as much as possible and almost made it all the way through. Then first of the next month, they were back and the message was gone. It was like the license ran out and was just renewed. So it doesn't absolutely mean they're going away, but could be.

With the property changing hands not too long ago, maybe Dreamworks didn't want to continue the licensing?

Heroic Warrior
    I got Netflix just to watch POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I was going to post this as well. It MIGHT not be going away, though, or at least I hope. When I first signed up for Netflix a couple of years ago, I started watching Mythbusters. Then it came up with the message saying they weren't going to be available after the end of the month, so I started binge watching them as much as possible and almost made it all the way through. Then first of the next month, they were back and the message was gone. It was like the license ran out and was just renewed. So it doesn't absolutely mean they're going away, but could be.

With the property changing hands not too long ago, maybe Dreamworks didn't want to continue the licensing?
    Just in case, I started watching them again last night (without my son), got to episode 31 (of 93). 2/3 to go in four days....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

NNNNNNNnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

This is why I love my iphone, to have all He-Man content at my fingertips.

Well, they weren't fooling around. He-Man and She-Ra are gone. Secret of the Sword remained though, and at least the 2002 series is still there. I thought it was going to be THROUGH today (my birthday! ), so was hoping to jam in some more episodes during the day. Ah well, back to DVD's I suppose.

Netflix seriously needs a feature where you can request a title gets put to streaming! (Or in He-Man/She-Ra's case, put BACK)

Are they still available top rent as dvds?
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Widget
    Has Netflix removed both She-Ra and He-Man? Seems like they took them off the service today - hope it's just an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Things View Post
    Has Netflix removed both She-Ra and He-Man? Seems like they took them off the service today - hope it's just an error.
    Scroll up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    I just found this out by accident. I was watching an episode of She-Ra on Netflix streaming and it stated it was available until June 30. Then I checked the original He-Man series and it said the same thing. So both series will be leaving Netflix streaming after this weekend.

Still streaming on Hulu!

Guys, it's still available on Hulu (albeit with commercials)!!!
    http://www.hulu.com/he-man-and-the-m...f-the-universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Guys, it's still available on Hulu (albeit with commercials)!!!
    http://www.hulu.com/he-man-and-the-m...f-the-universe
    Yup, I got all but the last 15 episodes watched through last Saturday, but was able to finish up Sunday and Monday on Hulu!

Do you think its possible to 'campaign' to get He-Man and She-Ra back on Netflix?

I just checked since this thread was started in June to see if things had changed. It looks like they have all the shows on DVD. The Secret of the Sword and the 200x series are available for streaming.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hulu still has em. I went back Watching episodes last week trying to find out where rattler became. A horde. I still never found out.

I wish they had the 200x series on there. Eventually I will own that big 30th set. I really wish the pop series was included in that.