Thread: He-Man and the masters of the universe Re-design*my and a Friend's version*

He-Man and the masters of the universe Re-design*my and a Friend's version*

Hiyo He-Man.org folks, it's been a while hasn't it?Well, due to some RL drama that happened over the years,I sorta went lurker for a very long while... however, the last two days, a artist friend and I have been talking over a re-design of He-Man and The gang and I felt it should be shared with the awesome .org members : ). And to kick things off, we have....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psd01d9b0b.png
    He-Man
    twenty years ago during the closing days of the Great Horde uprising, Hordak and his pupil, Keldor, invaded the royal nursery and stole the twin children of King Randor and Queen Marlena. However, during their escape, Keldor lost the baby boy in the vine jungle. The boy,Adam, would of have been doomed had it not been for a tribe of wild tigers known as "Battle Cats" had found him and took him in as one of their own. Twenty years later, Adam, now known only as "He-Man", set out on a journey with one of the battle cats to seek out his destiny. A chance encounter with a warrior known as Man-At-Arms would set him down a path that would see him not only do battle with the evil overlord known as Skeletor but also claim one half of the legendary weapon of the gods; The Sword of power!
    Shortly after this, He-man was hailed as a Hero through out the land and was soon made the de-facto leader of heroic warriors!

Notes:
    Yes, He's wearing pants, however, the pants are more like furry ones that he made from the hide of a dead beast.
    Also, the Alcala version of the Power sword was chosen as a nod to the mini comics, same with the 'raised by the tribe" roots.
    The "by the power of grayskull!" is still there but it acts more of a power up than a transformation, this also applies to She-Ra*yes, she's in it* as well.
    He-Man's real name being Adam is a nod to the toons as well,However, it's rarely used aside from a select few.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JagwarKnight; July 13, 2014 at 06:32pm.
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

I really like the story and how it brings all the different story elements together.

Quite genius.

The sketch makes sense but itīs a bit to rough for me. His face has that almost evil "iīll get you anyway" look to it. And i know unshaven makes more sense but He-man to me is that miraclesly clean shaven warrior no matter what happens

And pants on He-Man… DC proved they are not the look for him, he needs bare legs for me.

Aside from personal nit pickings on my part, i like what you have shown so far.

Great start!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I really like the story and how it brings all the different story elements together.

Quite genius.

The sketch makes sense but itīs a bit to rough for me. His face has that almost evil "iīll get you anyway" look to it. And i know unshaven makes more sense but He-man to me is that miraclesly clean shaven warrior no matter what happens

And pants on He-Man… DC proved they are not the look for him, he needs bare legs for me.

Aside from personal nit pickings on my part, i like what you have shown so far.

Great start!
    Thanks for the feedback.

As for the Face, Both Jose and I kinda wanted to harken back to the pre-flimation minis by making He-man/adam a bit more of a brute. That said, he does learn this pesky thing called 'shaving' after he helps save castle grayskull for the first time.

also, DC? You mean NA*No offense to NA fans* as that had He-Man in pants looonngg before DC did it if it helps as well, think of it as furry longjonhs rather than pants Like I do .

That said, get ready for a Lonnggg one folks as we have...

The Power Sword
    In the dark days of Eterina's past, a long lost war was fought with ancient powers and weapons long since forgotten. during this period,twin goddesses,one clad in the garments of a falcon and the other clad as a Snake, came to this war-torn world and locked the powers that nearly destroyed the world into a castle of their own creation known as 'Grayskull'. However, as a precaution, The falcon goddess, "Zoar" not only appointed a series of Sorceresses to protect the castle but granted the people a blade forged from the very elements of the universe itself which was called "the power sword" The first wielder of the blade was a man called D’vann who had rallyed the free people of Eterina against the Dark god Serpos and his Messager, Hsss who had turned the green goddess' servants, the Snake Men, against her. The Blade served D'Vaan well but it's greatest test came when the fallen Warrior, Hordak, unleashed the forbidden spell of separation. in the end, not only was D’vann and Hordak banished but the Sword was split into three blades. One of the blades was thoroughly corrupted however, preventing the sword from being whole. This turned to be a boon as Veena, D'vann's wife and a seer, had a vision of twin warriors that would be worthy of wielding the sword.One of the Blades, the sword of protection, would remain in Castle Grayskull until it was needed while the other two blades were hidden in the land until, one day, a man named keldor learned of their and the castle's exsistance...

Notes:
    Whew! what a wall of text!
    The reason the Power Sword looks different here than with He-man is because I wanted something that could "evolve" like the Master Sword from Zelda could.
    D’vann is this version of King Grayskull,however, I REALLY wanted to go old school with the Castle so I opted for his "real" name here.
    The Goddesses are another Zelda nod, though, the new DC Comics help with naming them as well.
    The Split sword is another nod to the mini comics as well. Only change here is that there are three swords instead two.

last one for the day
    pencil6fa_zps9a70fc76.png

Adora, Leader in The Great rebellion
    During the last days of the great horde uprising, Adora, along with her twin brother Adam, were stolen from the royal nursery by Hordak and Keldor. While Adam was lost in the vine jungle, Adora was taken to Snake Mountain where she was given to hordak's most loyal follower, Shadow Weaver... Just as Keldor turned on his Master.Shadow Weaver and the baby Adora watched as Hordak and Keldor fought. The duel ended with Keldor horriably scarred and Hordak... missing his head. However, the dark spirit of Hordak was strong and He, along with Shadow Weaver, took the child to the Fright Zone on the phantom planet Etheria. Charged to raise the babe as her master shrouded himself in a healing cocoon,Shadow Weaver raised Adora like a daughter and had her limits pushed and her view of good and evil warped. On her sixteenth birthday,Adora was not only given the rank of force captain*much to the anger and dismay of fellow Force Captain hopeful, Catra* but also a new name and look. Clad in Armor and wearing a mask that was made in the image of Hordak,Adora had become Despara. With this new general on hand, the so called "Great Rebellion" could only do minor damage at best to the horde.
    But, one day,four years later, a portal to eterina opened.
    Charged by Shadow Weaver and in the name of the mighty hordak, Despara led a army to finish what Hordak had started and conquer Eterina.
    It failed horribly.
    Not only was the army driven back by the Defenders of Eterina but In a long and bloody battle at the gates of Castle Grayskull ,Despara herself was defeated by He-Man who had shattered her mask... and found that he could not bring himself to finish her. The Sorceress, having watched the battle from afar, told He-Man to bring her into the castle where the Sorceress told both of them the full truth that Adora was not only He-Man's twin sister but the second chosen wielder of the shattered Power Sword. at first, Adora rejected this but she slowly realized that she had been lied to all her life. Vowing to redeem herself and restore not only the honor of her bloodline but save the world she help to subjugate, Adora claimed the sword of protection and created a new identity for herself know as She-Ra,the Princesses of Power!

Notes:
    If This Storyline feels kinda like the DC One a bit,it's not FULLY intentional as It just sorta works best like this.
    Despara is a DC nod but also helps to explain why the Rebels are a bit more trusting of Adora after she turns, as far as the bulk of them know, she just a random ex-horde solider*That is, when she lets them see her as Adora* Rather than the one who help subjugated the planet.Why? because they never saw her face.
    The Sword of Protection as presented here is a mix between the Toy sword and a Chinese Straight Sword.
    As mention in He-Man's bio, the "For the Honor Of Grayskull" bit is a power-up as Adora is She-Ra 24/7 however, unlike He-Man, Adora does use her normal name as means of going undercover for missions where using She-Ra's name could presents Risks.
    Last edited by JagwarKnight; July 11, 2014 at 06:21pm.

I really like these redesigns. Adam being lost in the Vine Jungle is a nice nod to the Alcala comics, and Adora is just a really damn good redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    I really like these redesigns. Adam being lost in the Vine Jungle is a nice nod to the Alcala comics, and Adora is just a really damn good redesign.
    Thanks for the feedback ^^

As a bit of Hype for tonight/Tomorrow, here's a sneek peek at the next redesign. All I'm gonna say is that he's a villain that has a 'bone' to pick with He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by JagwarKnight View Post
    Thanks for the feedback ^^

As a bit of Hype for tonight/Tomorrow, here's a sneek peek at the next redesign. All I'm gonna say is that he's a villain that has a 'bone' to pick with He-Man

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps77485c90.png
    ....I'm just speechless. I. LOVE. This. Redesign of Skeletor.

Skeletor: Evil Lord of Destruction!
    Name: Keldor of The House of Miro
    Keldor was the adoptive son of King Miro and the Eldest brother to Prince Randor. Keldor was often rejected by royal courts due to his Gar heritage and was often called unfit to rule even a stable,let alone a planet. despite this, Keldor's natural charisma gained him many followers but it wasn't enough for him. he wanted what he considered to be his birthright, to be king of the planet of Eterina. To this end, Keldor would often study books of both magic and history in order to find the power to be almighty, to be a master of the universe. in the course of his studies, he found several names of interest, "Hordak","Castle Grayskull", and "The Power Sword". With this knowledge, he left the royal place on the same day that his brother, Randor, took the throne and gather a band of Thugs, Warriors and Mages in order to pursue his goals. In the abandon Fortress known as Snake Mountain, He, along with the witch known as Evil-Lyn, casted a summoning spell that called forth the greatest evil in Eterina's past, Hordak and his evil horde army! Keldor then quickly struck a deal with Hordak, in exchange for helping the Horde in conquering, The Horde Leader would help Keldor find The Power sword and Castle Grayskull. The deal was struck and for five years, Eterina would know only war as the great horde uprising would cost many lives on both sides. In the closing days of the war, Keldor learned that his brother and his wife had given birth to twins. he quickly passed this on to Hordak and the two decided to strike a great personal blow to the royal family by stealing the twins. The theft went off without a Hitch but as the two raced back to Snake Mountain, Keldor was suddenly attacked by a strange falcon and was forced to abandoned the baby boy in the vine jungle. Once keldor had returned to the Snake Mountain, he had found that Hordak was furious at him for losing the boy. This, coupled with the failed promises that Hordak had given him, caused Keldor to attack the horde leader. The Battle was furious and deadly but in the end, Keldor manged to win the fight... at the cost of Large portions of his Skin, the most prominent of it being on his head. However, he had manged to remove Hordak's head in the fight and created a helmet from it that somehow stabilized his condition.
    With the war lost and the armies of Eterina looking for him and what was left of his followers, Keldor not only hid for a time but took up a new name....
    Skeletor.
    For twenty years, Skeletor resumed his search for Castle Grayskull and The Power sword. He had found the First half of it when he explored Snake Mountain after his duel with Hordak but found the blade damaged and disordered. With the aid of the Ram Stone of Evil Lyn,The smithing skills of Tri-Kolps and his own powers in the dark arts, he manged to reforge the sword into something more stronger and stable. The end result was a hybrid weapon he called "The Havok Staff".
    The Second Half of the sword was found nineteen years later in the High Mountains of Avion and the location of the Castle itself soon followed.
    As a added edge against the Castle's Guardian,Skeletor ordered that the Warrior Woman,Teela, be captured and taken to the castle. once there, Skeletor manged to not only enter the castle but overpowered the Sorceresses. He was mere moments from victory when Man-At-Arms arrived along with a barbarian warrior. Skeletor clashed with the newcomer,known as He-Man, and lost. During the fight, He-Man wrested the light half of the Power sword from Skeletor's grasp and used it, along with His allies to force Skeletor out of the caste.
    Skeletor vowed revenge and told the heros that he would be back.

Notes:
    Whew, another long one!
    I know I went kinda loki-ish on Keldor's backstory but I figured it would fit things better here if I went this route.
    Making The Dark-half of the power sword into the Havok staff was really a last second thing that came up. Jose*The Artist working with me on this* decided to draw the Sword as a spear/Halberd weapon and I loved it.
    The reason the last picture I posted was in color and this is B&W is because the last one was made before his tablet died.
    I went "red skull/lord zedd" here as Jose and I couldn't think of a way to have Skeletor have a skull for a head and I REALLY didn't wanna go the demo-man route. That said, the head under the helmet? it's still yellow
    Last edited by JagwarKnight; July 13, 2014 at 06:33pm.

Skeletor looks not really like Skeletor to me but the art is interesting.

There is a lot going on and i like all those line works.

This is a neat looking warrior but i donīt feel the Skeletor vibe….yet maybe he grows on me. I can be anti sometimes at first, i need time to get used to new things

Iīm still processing 200X egypt Sorceress
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither