Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unnofficial MOTU FAN CHARACTER bios

More are coming! I'm just a little behind.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    More are coming! I'm just a little behind.
    Yay! You're not busy are you...
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

I have some more bios!

I apologize to Igaluk if this isn't the bio he would like for his character, I haven't heard back from him yet.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Heroic Warrior
    Nice new characters and I just love Scarabs bio

Heroic Warrior
    I like the Astro-Man design.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Nice new characters and I just love Scarabs bio
    Dude, you gotta clear out your PM inbox! I've gotta get your input on something.

Words cannot express how happy it makes me to see one of my characters make it into gbagok's fan art/bio fanverse. I consider it an honor and am so impressed with how he captured Faw-Sil in art and used some of my ideas presented for her in the bio (you even added a little King Kong element! ).
    Bravo my friend, I really appreciate that you did this!

It's funny as this character was inspired by a girl I saw waiting in line at the DMV 1 day and said, "I think I'll draw her as a cavegirl sidekick for Gy-gor for the fanart challenge." You never know where you will find inspiration, and that is what gbagok did here by recreating characters form the fan community.

Each of these came out terrific, and I really love the pose and head on Astro-Man, & the detailing on Malkor, Scrab, & Hordor.
    BUT besides my own character, I have to say Unicra is one of your BEST character pieces yet, pretty much perfection between her design & that killer horn sword, I would buy a toy of her in a heartbeat!

I will never know how you get this kind of quality done so fast!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.5.17!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Loving the new additions Gbagok! Gotta love Astro-Man's real name too...
    Also fans getting a taste of things to come in The Book Of Evil with ol Malkor there... (man we gotta get back on that! )

The bios you have written are great and really expand the world of Eternia!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Totally Dyslexic
    Astro-Man looks amazing. Those kinds of head/helmets can look weird or even stupid but in him it works and the way you colored it it looks really amazing.

King Malkors outfit is great and i love Illuminas and Movie Skeletor influences there.

Those two are my favorite this time around but all of them look great and all those little details you manage to put into them, simply amazing and the bios are nice read. You are one talented guy.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Widget
    Friend Gbagok I really liked the design of my character. The truth is very good, especially the armor like a very original igloo. I hope to see more of the bios-motu fan.
    Greetings from Uruguay.

Amigo Gbagok me gusto mucho el diseņo de mi personaje. La verdad esta muy bueno, sobre todo la armadura como si fuera un igloo muy original. Espero ver mas de las bios-motu fan.
    Saludos desde Uruguay.

Heroic Warrior
    Just a thought Gbagok but perhaps you should post the names of the original creators at the bottom of each wave so that anyone who doesn't already will know who created who.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Some more great ones! Keep up the good work!
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Heroic Warrior
    Just a thought Gbagok but perhaps you should post the names of the original creators at the bottom of each wave so that anyone who doesn't already will know who created who.
    I agree with this, putting them on the actual image would mean they didn't fit perfectly with the official characters so i see why you wouldn't do that, but a bit of text on the post could be a good idea

Now to the compliments - these are great, it's great to see fan characters drawn in a uniformed style with official characters and by using a style the official media once used you just increase the fan-thrill that that brings (I think that makes sense, it makes sense in my brain but my brain is very tired) and the text remains well written, rarely if ever falling into the awkwardness that some official bios do (i'm thinknig of Masters of the Universe Classics and vintage Real American Hero particularly). 'Favourite of the batch' goes to Unicra, she's just so well designed and her weapon is perfect, whoever came up with that deserves cookies, her bio also reads like a She-Ra episode. I'd happily buy figures of Unicra, Igaluk and Astro Man, actually on Astro Man, it seems that I'm the only person on the board who's likes Marvel Comics's The Defenders and thus drew an instant (favourable) comparison with the Headmen, this makes me sad, stop reading Mark Millar and go read some Steve Gerber Defenders dammit!

TLDR: Another great batch, writing is still top notch, character designs/redesigns remain even better and I want a Unicra, possibly an action figure, possibly a real one.

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Nice batch, dude!

First off, I really wanna say how much I appreciate that Igaluk now looks less like a recoloured Armour-Dillo and more like his own walrus-man! It is cool though that if they were figures, they could still share a buck! Feels very MOTU-y.

Unicra is my favourite of the bunch. Always loved her design and concept, mostly because I took an active part in Patreek's thread that ultimately birthed her. I may be a little biased. You do her great justice in this piece!

Lord knows how much I love Astro-Man and his amazing bubble helmet! 'Nuff said!

Scarab has been a fave of mine too since that very first Create-a-Character contest of Sllohcin's back in the day! Nice to see him represented all these years later!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Great batch of character redesigns. I love them all.

Thank you, Mercury! I love those characters. Jigsaw kind of looks like he and Cy-Chop share some history.
    Hello gbagok. I'm considering changing the name of this character from Jig-saw to Reanim8-Orc. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's better to burn out...
    ...than to fade away"

Kurgan in "Highlander" the movie

Heroic Warrior
    Another excellent work both with the art and the bios ! Eriss and King Malkor are my favorites of this group.

Is Eriss, King Hsss's Queen? Or is someone else from the other wives that they are mentioned in her bio?

King Malkor's city, Aven Gar is somehow connected with Anwat Gar or the other Gar city from the MVC comic that Skeletor wanted to conquer, Gar Firian?

Super lovely! Thank you sooo much, I am very honored LOVE them all and can't wait till the next batch!

Astro-Man is made of pure cosmic awesomeness. He reminds me of Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

King Malkors outfit is great and i love Illuminas and Movie Skeletor influences there.
    Totally agree here. I love how Malkor's staff is essentially the same as the one you used for Skeleteen (without the skull motif) which, in itself, is the movie version of the havoc staff. I'm looking forward to seeing whether Malkor's story gets tied into a movie Skeletor bio.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm looking forward to a bio for Ssskins, if that's on the cards.
    One day Skeletor will finally conquer Grayskull...
    ...And pigs might fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hello gbagok. I'm considering changing the name of this character from Jig-saw to Reanim8-Orc. Thoughts?
    I liked the name Jigsaw but Reanim8-Orc is a more unique name. It begs the question, does he reanimate things or does he graft body parts onto himself? The name Jigsaw made me think the latter more. Also I guess Jigsaw made me want him to have a saw accessory for his hand, but not so much with the name Reanim8-Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Another excellent work both with the art and the bios ! Eriss and King Malkor are my favorites of this group.

Is Eriss, King Hsss's Queen? Or is someone else from the other wives that they are mentioned in her bio?

King Malkor's city, Aven Gar is somehow connected with Anwat Gar or the other Gar city from the MVC comic that Skeletor wanted to conquer, Gar Firian?
    There are several Gar cities I have in mind. His was originally going to be Gar Firian itself but in the comic it was said that their defenses would be easy for Skeletor's forces to overcome. I thought Malkor should have slightly more security than that.

I just want to paint... paddavis's Avatar
    Ah man...beautiful work!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have some more bios!
    He looks so cool! Worthy of a custom figure. Is this a fan character?

I'm awesome! Thanks for this!
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; July 29, 2014 at 12:26am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    GBAGOK made this one more than a month ago:

Attachment 97963

This is awesome!!!
    very nice but I think you are supposed to wait for Gbagok to reveal them because it is his thread after all .

very nice but I think you are supposed to wait for Gbagok to reveal them because it is his thread after all .
    Thanks Wolfsfang. You are right. I deleted the post.
    "It's better to burn out...
    ...than to fade away"

Kurgan in "Highlander" the movie

Don't sweat it, Mercury, I'm sorry for leaving you waiting so long. I haven't heard back from LupaLuna, StarBlazerM31, or Jelostas about their character bios which I know take some liberties to add them to the existing canon I've used. I hope they will like these.

Patreek's Ickthia

Wolfsfang's Ant-Arctic

LupaLuna's Luna-Taur

King Grayskull's Saga

StarBlazerM31's Kayle

Mercury's

Iceman's Uniquor

and Jelostas's Po-Lar
    Last edited by gbagok; August 12, 2016 at 09:37pm.