Thread: The Demolition Man/New Adventures Connection!

The Demolition Man/New Adventures Connection!

What could Sylvester Stallone's film Demolition Man possibly have in common with the New Adventures of He-Man? See for yourself!

Many of you most likely already knew of this, but I hope you enjoy the video nonetheless!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

ESCALANDO!!!!! So shameless, Mattel!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Nice Video Dan! Loved the part where you ripped the one off the card!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I guess that's as close to Missile Launcher Kayo (which was featured in the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon) as we're likely to ever get!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I never got the NA He-Man toys.. but I was on a Family Vacation in Cape Cod, and picked up He-Sylvester Stallone, and one of the Wesley Snipes figures for a buck a piece. I had no idea they were repaints of He-Man figures until very recently.

Come to think of it, I have two Wesley Snipes figures somewhere.. The flame thrower one from this line, and a Blade from Marvel Legends.

I enjoyed the Demolition Man movie at the time.. I was a little dissapointed to see that Tacos wouldn't be served at Taco Bell in the future.

EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that...

Awesome video !

Nice i never noticed that. I knwo Kenner did the same thing with their Robin Hood line, just used classic Star Wars molds.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    What could Sylvester Stallone's film Demolition Man possibly have in common with the New Adventures of He-Man? See for yourself!

Many of you most likely already knew of this, but I hope you enjoy the video nonetheless!
    Hey DAN! Are this vids in youtebe? could you post the link? I couldn't see the weapons pak review and now i cant see this one! please help

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Nice vid! I didn't know
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

i actually bought these as a kid since i KNEW they were just repaints. i used them when i played with my other NA figs. they weren't too bad.

now WHO is going to make repaints of flipshot, NA he-man and kayo when they come out?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Thanks for the video....and single handedly driving up the prices on this line now that the secret is out
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

OMG...Sylvester Stallone is He-Man?! *faints*

That's crazy...I had no idea! Thank you so much for sharing this PixelDan. I really can't believe it!

I wonder if we will be seeing Stallone in MOTUC now?

I have to pick these guys up.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Cool vid. I'm surprised how many people didn't know this. The subject has come up enough times on the .Org in the past. I liked the part where you acted surprised. Your overacting was mildly entertaining

I'm not positive, but I think Mattel used the NA body for VR troopers...
    ...No, that's not right (it was Hasbro/Kenner) I just looked it up. I do have a recollection that Mattel also used some of the NA sculpts in another toy line, I just forget which one that was...

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Nice i never noticed that. I knwo Kenner did the same thing with their Robin Hood line, just used classic Star Wars molds.
    And Super powers. Kevin Coster was just a re purposed Green Arrow and the Sheriff used Lex Luther IIRC. I think Little John was Hawkman. My favorite part of that line was that it reused a lot of the Ewok vehicles and playsets!
    Too Bad they never had Will Scarlet with a hang glider that would have been awesome!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    And Super powers. Kevin Coster was just a re purposed Green Arrow and the Sheriff used Lex Luther IIRC. I think Little John was Hawkman. My favorite part of that line was that it reused a lot of the Ewok vehicles and playsets!
    Too Bad they never had Will Scarlet with a hang glider that would have been awesome!
    Woah! All this action figure re-use information is making my head spin!

Ha! Too Bad!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Woah! All this action figure re-use information is making my head spin!

Ha! Too Bad!
    don't forget about the MOTU reuse for King Arthur and his Knights of Justice line.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Cool video, I wasn't aware of this and enjoyed the comparisons, though I would've liked to see the other figures

This was pretty cool and interesting, Dan! Thanks for your continued awesome work.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Yes, I always had a strong but unconfirmed suspicion that in fact Pixel Dan was a repaint of Wesley Snipes, and I'm glad to see he uncovers the truth finally!

Oh, wait, this video doesn't go into that at all. Never mind.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

allow me to say that demolition man is a super awesome movie in every way, he-man has good taste in friends

Demolition Man is one of my guilty pleasures...

"PHOOOOEEEEEENNNNNNIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!"

Sallah

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Very informative! Your vids get better all the time Dan.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Demolition Man is one of my guilty pleasures...

"PHOOOOEEEEEENNNNNNIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!"

Sallah
    I hear ya

I'm still hoping Mattel will get the rights again and make movie masters version of the characters.

"In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell."

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Cool vid. I'm surprised how many people didn't know this. The subject has come up enough times on the .Org in the past. I liked the part where you acted surprised. Your overacting was mildly entertaining

I'm not positive, but I think Mattel used the NA body for VR troopers...
    ...No, that's not right (it was Hasbro/Kenner) I just looked it up. I do have a recollection that Mattel also used some of the NA sculpts in another toy line, I just forget which one that was...

True true...and Friar Tuck was a Gammorean Guard! lol (I'm not kidding!!) If we are talking about the various molds and mold parts that MATTEL has reused over the years, we are gonna have a thread 20 pages deep!!

".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I thought this thread was going to explain the 3 seashells.

thanks for the video dan
    Happy Rusev Day!

Did you know the Demolition Man action figures were repainted New Adventures He-Man?

It's a fact and one of my cousins had one of those Demolition Man toys when he was 9 and i noticed how much they looked like New Adventure toys.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.