Thread: Gary Goddard & Pressman in ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS

Widget

Dolph, Goddard & co in ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS

Ed Pressman (legendary producer), Gary Goddard (director) and Stephen Tolkin (re-writer) will all be featured in Mark Hartley's upcoming feature documentary ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS now in production.

Mark Hartley is an Australian director who already made many DVD special and acclaimed documentaries on exploitation film like NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF OZPLOITATION FILMS! and MACHETE MAIDEN UNLEASHED! His first fiction feature film was the remake of PATRICK which is apparently pretty good.

Pressman:

Goddard & Tolkin:
    Last edited by Jox; May 27, 2014 at 10:12am.

I've been looking forward to this ever since it's been announced - having Goddard in it makes me even more anxious.

Really enjoyed "Not Quite Hollywood" (more so than "Machete Maidens"), especially since it treated a subject that's still "underground" even with the "Grindhouse"-craze of the last couple of years. Being a fan of Brian Trenchard Smith might've helped, too
    Every thread about every MotUC-reveal, ever...

The Sword of Spector - forged in the scorching flames of nerdrage and tempered by the woeful tears of the butthurt

This has been in the works for a few years now... has there actually been any progress on it? Or is it still just "announced"?

Ah... nevermind. Just clicked that link and see via their Facebook page that the interviews have just begun this month. Still, it should come together pretty quickly. Wonder if this will see a premier at Fantastic Fest in September this year?
    Last edited by zodak74; February 20, 2014 at 05:48pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    This has been in the works for a few years now... has there actually been any progress on it? Or is it still just "announced"?
    It took a while to start for two reasons, one because of financing issues and two because Hartley directed PATRICK in between.

Albert Pyun just announced on Fb he'll be doing an interview for it.
    I'll be doing the Cannon doc interview (Electric Boogaloo: The Untold story of Cannon Films) on Saturday after a MRI on Friday. I think I made more films for Cannon than any other director beginning with 1985's DANGEROUSLY CLOSE and finishing with 1988's CYBORG. In between I did DOWN TWISTED (1986), ALIEN FROM L.A. (1987), JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1987) and DECEIT (1988). I prepped or shot early tests for MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE 2 (1988) and SPIDER-MAN (1988).
    - - - Updated - - -

Albert Pyun

- - - Updated - - -

Production designer William Stout as well:

- - - Updated - - -

Visual effects supervisor Richard Edlund

Widget
    ELECTRIC BOOGALOO interview #95 - BANGKOK: Dolph Lundgren (Actor - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE).

www.facebook.com/ElectricBoogalooTheMovie

Widget
    World premiere in early August at the Melbourne International Film Festival.