Thread: Fantastic Fashions release dates

Fantastic Fashions release dates

I've been collecting the Princess of Power line and found the first eight fashions very easy to come by, in fact I got them in their original shipping case as new. However I have only manage to get five of the eight second series fashions so far.

By the back of the cards I am working out that the first lot of fashions were released along with wave two of figures because it's the Starburst She-Ra that is featured on the back wearing the outfits. But when was the second batch of fashions released? Did these come out along with the third wave Bubble Power She-Ra etc? I'm guessing they did and that is why they are harder to find.

Anyone know for certain?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Wave 1: 1985
    Wave 2: 1986
    Wave 3: 1987

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, the Second Wave of Eight "Fantastic Fashions" were (supposedly) released alongside the 1987 Princess of Power line (Bubble Power She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, etc.).

I say "supposedly" because the release of that final line was SoOoOooo scattershot! In my experience, where I lived (American West Coast) got She-Ra and Catra, while the East Coast evidently got Netossa, Royal SwiftWind, Silver Storm, and the sporadic Fantastic Fashions. I personally NEVER saw a Second Wave Fantastic Fashion in any store, but according to a contact I had back in the day in Florida, they showed up at Toys "R" Us stores on Clearance for 97 cents! The Loo-Kee figure I eventually got (years later!) came from Canada, and of course we all know how hard to come by Spinnerella was/IS.

This contact was able to procure me Blue Lightning, Colorful Secret, Windy Jumper, and Reflections in Red. Years later, I managed to get Hidden Gold, Secret Messenger, and Frosty Fur from a European on-line auction. I still to this day don't have Heart of Gold!

Enough of my annoying flashbacks! Yes, suffice to say, the 2nd (1987) Wave of Fantastic Fashions is considerably harder to come by than the 1st (1986). Cool congrtulations on getting a First Wave in Shipping Carton! :^)

Thanks Snake_Man that clears it up for me, this explains why they are so much more difficult to find, not to mention more expensive.
    I remember our local supermarket getting in odd She-Ra items after the line ended £1.99 figures and fashions at 99p now we are paying 100 times that for some.
    Least I only have three fashions to find now and I am sure they will show up soon enough.

Interesting thing to compare is the serial numbers between them:

Fantastic Fashions wave 1:

Fantastic Fashions wave 2:

I have no idea how and why, but some of them (maybe all?) were conceptualised at the same time and were not distributed in the correct order.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; August 26, 2016 at 11:46pm.