Thread: Preferred country of manufacture

Preferred country of manufacture

I have two trapjaws one from Malaysia and one that hasn't aged well from France I was wondering if one country of origin was more sought after than another and whether certain countries were more prone to damage /paint wear

My preference is first edition (or earliest possible) Taiwan figures - they tend to look the best, have the nicest plastics and paint applications, etc. If it's between Malaysia and Mexico, I think I have a slight preference for Malaysia, although some Malaysia figures have sticky plastic issues. I don't have any France figures though. The French Battle Cat is kind of creepy looking with his giant black eyes. The French Faker is kind of neat, with vivid purple boots and trunks.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the Malaysian figures because their colours stand out more, but I also love the Argentina Top Toys for the quirky paint apps.

It really depends. For example, I have 3 different Battle Cats, de one from France has the best tone of red in the armour, but the cat itself is strange, see the post above. Somethimes the paintjob on the boots is not that great when made in France, but the colours are deeper... I think that it's difficult to say. My favorite figure, Battle Armour He Man, looks best made in Mexico.

I thought it was just me but my French trapjaw just looks strange aswell

Taiwan. .

Heroic Warrior
    Anything Taiwan . Heck anything Asia . How did Asia get is so right while Europe got it so wrong . Please correct me if i am wrong but Europe started later right ? They should have made something better . Where is their national pride ?

Keep your Musculor far away from me