Thread: Armor sizes

Armor sizes

Hey guys!

Yesterday, I think I found something, that I've never saw mentioned anywhere.

Ok, while playing with my figures yesterday, I saw that Jitsus armor was a lot more golden compared to the kings armor. Up till yesterday, I thought they were painted the same. So I thought I should change them, to give the king the golden armor he deserves, and jitsu the other armor. But I was not able to mount the golden jisu plate to the king. It just would not fit - I was unable to close it / snap it close.

Then I remembered, that I had a very similar problem 2 weeks back: I painted a fisto-armor, to put it on my naked clampchamp. After it was painted, I wanted to put it on the figure: It did not match, It was too small, and I broke two tabs while forcing it on. I thought at the time, that the varnish somehow disformed the tabs or something.

But, since I encountered a second similar issue (king/jitsu), I now believe, that there are two sizes of plate armor out there.

What do you think?

ninn

Yep, I had the same issue, I bought Jitsu's armor on eBay just to put on King Randor. If you look at the 2 figures (Jitsu and Fisto compared to the others) they are slightly different, I'm guessing they had to make new torso parts to fit the new hardware, and maybe in the process they made them slightly smaller or just shaped differently.

It irritated me too.

ah, you may be onto something: Jitsu and Fisto, both have the same mechanism...

I thought it interesting that you guys had an issue putting the armor from the older of the series figures (Jitsu, Fisto) onto the torso's of the last series figures (Randor, Clamp Champ). I could swear that I used to put my Jitsu armor on other characters and put my Clawful armor on Jitsu. Is it possible that CC and Randor have different shaped torsos?

Quote Originally Posted by ninn View Post
    ah, you may be onto something: Jitsu and Fisto, both have the same mechanism...
    Yeah, the chest size for Jitsu/Fisto is a bit different, so their armors don't work on other figures. If you look at the King Randor armor, you can see they had to warp it a little to get it to work for Randor, who has the standard He-Man chest.

hm ... I haven't checked it myself - but it sounds, like Fistos/Jitsus body is SMALLER than the standard body?

Or is there a way to make them fit somehow, by filing some parts away?