Thread: Tri-Klops 1982 - fully colored green sword belongs to which country?

Widget

Tri-Klops 1982 - fully colored green sword belongs to which country?

Hi. I have loose sword that belongs to Tri-Klops. The figure was traded in for Fisto because of a broken arm, but the sword accidentally ended up staying. It is fully green. No black painted handle. It doesn't say anything about it's country of origin. Just some numbers that read: "4301-2049". Then it looks like it has been modified as it's a clump where the country name should go and after it it says the year: "1982".

It looks to be startin with an M, but Malaysia as I've googled didn't come with a fully green colored sword. Did the Mexico one?
    Also, why would they have covered it up? I'm pretty sure it is an original and no bootleg cause it was bought in a toystore in Sweden.

Anyone who could shed some light to which country Tri-Klops this sword should go with, I'd be really happy

Thanks for reading

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it is France. found another sword on ebay where you can easily see the info
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/mattel-MOTU-...-/191491107763
    The numbers match aswell.
    But why the cover up on my version?

Hi, yes the "made in France" sword version is like that
    No black painted handle

Heroic Warrior
    I think there was also a Top Toys (Argentina) variant which had an all green sword as well.

Widget
    Even India Leo Tri-Klops sword was complete green, no markings

Widget
    Awesome! Thank you so very much. Not sure if I may be so bold in assuming it must have been the French version, given I bought him in Sweden. Seems it would be most logical they would transport them the shortest distance. However, maybe the logistics didn't work like that at all

Anyway, I got my question answered. Thanks alot.

France distributed in many other European countries, there is a strong probability that it is a french version you have in your hands.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    France distributed in many other European countries, there is a strong probability that it is a french version you have in your hands.
    I thought so. Thanks