Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2450

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    O.K., so even if Savage He-Man was originally fake or a custom, I am still a fan. But the thing I don't understand is there is an eBay listing where he is being sold for an very big amount of money. In the listing it states that the figure is AFA 80. If it was officially AFA'd, and it states the manufacturer is Mattel. How is that, if he never truly existed from Mattel?
    I guess you need to reread the thread: an actual variant of the figure in that color scheme probably exists, and it was of course by Mattel, but maybe a test run or a promotion figures.
    Existance of AFA graded figures doens't prove anything.
    AFA can only grade the toys, but isn't an higher authority when it comes to the knowledge about the toys.
    The simply know less then us when it comes to the so called "savage" He-Man.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    O.K., so even if Savage He-Man was originally fake or a custom, I am still a fan. But the thing I don't understand is there is an eBay listing where he is being sold for an very big amount of money. In the listing it states that the figure is AFA 80. If it was officially AFA'd, and it states the manufacturer is Mattel. How is that, if he never truly existed from Mattel?
    I have heard that the figure was an actual run for the Konan Movie, but was dumped for whatever reason. Then te figure was used as the start of the He-man line. Not sure if this is true or not, but just what I have heard.

So technically, this could be the first figure of Arnold Schzzneagger (Sp?) lol

Quote Originally Posted by d_alex4176 View Post
    I can try to contact her, if I still have her number. I bought the stuff off a local classified, and not sure I still have it.

I will tell you this. I bought 80 figures from her, and every figure was in a bag with the weapons, and card backs. She said her son kept all of the acces. and was very maticulous (sp?) about the toys.

Seeing how he was so serious about keeping all the pieces, Im not sure there was any thing that came with him???

Pics still to come, im still at work.

Here is the pics that used to sell him on Ebay.

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=DSC00828.jpg

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=DSC00829.jpg

Oh yes, and my offical entrance to the forum. This is me in my finest Sunday Suit. LOL

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=untitled.jpg

I remember watching this on ebay, you even sent me extra photos of the crotch piece, and guess what:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the crazy gap is there!

Please try to get in contact with the old lady, but do avoid to receive biased info.

Court Magician
    I found her phone number, and I actually did contact her over the weekend. She didnt have any clue to what figure I was refering to, casue she doesn know anything about heman.

I did ask her if she remeber her son ever mailing away for a figure? She replied, and I qoute "Yes, he did recieve a mail away"

I than asked, do you remeber which figure it was? She said "It was the only figure that never had a card back"

When I bought the collection, there was only 1 figure that didnt come with a card back, and it was SAVAGE.

So.........I truley feel this lady has no reason to lie, I bought her whole collection for $100, so I doubt she really knew what she had. So, it wasnt like she wanted to screw me out of money. She also claimed that the boxes that the items were stored in, were sealed since 1989.

Thats all i got.

did you ask about the mail away promotion? i mean, about which one?

I definitely wouldn't seed her memory either.
    A question like "Do you remember if this was from X place?" plants an idea.

As I mentioned before:
    It could have come in a padded mailer as a newspaper survery/contest item.
    It could have been in a bag or loose in a box of figures as an in-store promo.
    Maybe they gave them out in nondescript brown boxes at Mattel outlets.
    Anything is possible at this point.

We know it's real, we just don't know how it came.
    Wonderbread had the trading card mail-away.
    Nestlé Quik had the figures as a prize, but were a regular Ram Man or He-Man or something like that.
    So where did this guy come from? Who knows.
    We need some official documentation to turn up from a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We know it's real, we just don't know how it came.
    Wonderbread had the trading card mail-away.
    Nestlé Quik had the figures as a prize, but were a regular Ram Man or He-Man or something like that.
    So where did this guy come from? Who knows.
    We need some official documentation to turn up from a credible source.
    seems like this question will have been asked a million times before - but why can't mattel provide any information? ... surely if they produced the figure they would have a record of it archived? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Court Magician
    I understand your point, and by no means am I professional Investigator, so the way I phrase a question might vary.

Anyways, i am not calling her back, she already probably thinks im a 40 year old virgin for asking these questions. :0 I hope the answer is revealed someday to the orgin of this figure. I was just trying to speak about my experience of obtaining one.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    seems like this question will have been asked a million times before - but why can't mattel provide any information? ... surely if they produced the figure they would have a record of it archived? ...
    That's been covered in this thread before.
    Short story is: they've found no records for this figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Could it have been from Bubble Yum? I remember them having a contest where you could win a collection. The person even mentions it in this link. Second down. http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...e-Man-says-hey

There's another contest to examine!
    I wish we had some of the wrappers, dag nabbit!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    Mattel didn't have all the bios for the NA characters and I think TG said they didn't find anything on The Star Sisters in their archives...so...they're definitely not the fortress of knowledge we would all like their archives to be.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

this figure had to be produced by mattel, besides having the copyright, the quality outweighs any possible knock off there is.

A lot of people seem to remember this being a mail away promo, the only reason why this doesn't stick very well is due to the fact that no one remembers which promo it belonged to.

I've read a while ago some people stating they clearly remember how they got their figure and it always had to do with promos or "buy 3 get 1 free", again no hard evidence but the point is, what people remember is that this was a mail in, so maybe that the right direction.

i think it's pretty safe to assume that we ain't gonna see a moc savage he-man unless it's a custom. On the other hand the figure had most likely to be packed somehow, a simple plastic bag would be a possibility, and yes gmkalos did some good observations and research on the bag's authenticity, his figure seem to have been packed for ages.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There's another contest to examine!
    I wish we had some of the wrappers, dag nabbit!
    Toys R Us also had a contest where you could win a complete collection. I remember always getting excited seeing the commercial. It was the late 80's though, after Eternia was released. Savage He-man was supposedly released earlier, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mattel didn't have all the bios for the NA characters and I think TG said they didn't find anything on The Star Sisters in their archives...so...they're definitely not the fortress of knowledge we would all like their archives to be.
    that's kinda bad - i wouldn't expect any large company to let things slip like that ... a toy company like mattel should archive everything! ... i know i would ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Toys R Us also had a contest where you could win a complete collection. I remember always getting excited seeing the commercial. It was the late 80's though, after Eternia was released. Savage He-man was supposedly released earlier, right?
    why don't they have competitions like that anymore!? ...

oh yeah, toys these days aren't as cool as the toys from the 80's - that's why! ... ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; May 4, 2011 at 02:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

that's kinda bad - i wouldn't expect any large company to let things slip like that ... a toy company like mattel should archive everything! ... i know i would ...
    Having worked for similar big companies that rapidly hired and fired a lot, I'm not surprised. In my past, one of the guys that worked for the company was told to clean his desk. After a month of not doing it, my boss told me to clean it for him... and to throw away anything that didn't look really, really important with a quick glance. I threw away 2 trash cans of stuff... and I have no idea what was in it. Now... if a guy like THAT was in charge of things over there... you could see how it could get lost.

Also, when companies hire and fire a lot, the next person that comes in might not have any idea of what's going on. If they don't have systems in place for the storing of processes and employee knowledge... it's really easy for the system to lose tons of stuff... and the next generation not to know where to even begin looking for it.

Having worked just a tiny bit with Mattel in my own past... they struck me as highly political internally, with lots of animosity between groups and specific employees. That could be totally unfounded, it's just my opinion, but in that situation, I could see how stuff could get lost or destroyed by annoyed employees.

Anyway, I'm surprised that they've found ANY original material... let alone something like this. I know that if I was going to try to find details about some of my own work on 200x MOTU.... it'd be impossible. Heck, it'd be impossible even to find any of my fellow employees that even cared about it.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    Having worked for similar big companies that rapidly hired and fired a lot, I'm not surprised. In my past, one of the guys that worked for the company was told to clean his desk. After a month of not doing it, my boss told me to clean it for him... and to throw away anything that didn't look really, really important with a quick glance. I threw away 2 trash cans of stuff... and I have no idea what was in it. Now... if a guy like THAT was in charge of things over there... you could see how it could get lost.

Also, when companies hire and fire a lot, the next person that comes in might not have any idea of what's going on. If they don't have systems in place for the storing of processes and employee knowledge... it's really easy for the system to lose tons of stuff... and the next generation not to know where to even begin looking for it.

Having worked just a tiny bit with Mattel in my own past... they struck me as highly political internally, with lots of animosity between groups and specific employees. That could be totally unfounded, it's just my opinion, but in that situation, I could see how stuff could get lost or destroyed by annoyed employees.

Anyway, I'm surprised that they've found ANY original material... let alone something like this. I know that if I was going to try to find details about some of my own work on 200x MOTU.... it'd be impossible. Heck, it'd be impossible even to find any of my fellow employees that even cared about it.
    hey - thanks for the insight! ...

it's a shame that this was the case, as a lot of that stuff just sounds like bad practice and bad organization ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I remember watching this on ebay, you even sent me extra photos of the crotch piece, and guess what:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7509/dsc00862dt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the crazy gap is there!

Please try to get in contact with the old lady, but do avoid to receive biased info.
    hey that crazy gap is also found on my 81 skeletor? sounds like a formula to a custom. also, i noticed fisto's armor doesnt fit the normal masters buck. his shoulders are a bit lower. i wonder if the later releases of skeletor are the same, aside from my purple painted shorts skeletor, i wonder.....yeah pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    hey that crazy gap is also found on my 81 skeletor? sounds like a formula to a custom. also, i noticed fisto's armor doesnt fit the normal masters buck. his shoulders are a bit lower. i wonder if the later releases of skeletor are the same, aside from my purple painted shorts skeletor, i wonder.....yeah pun intended

can you post pictures please? i used to have a few skeletors and never saw that same gap anywhere else

here it is after a few edits i got it perfect, hope this helps in the overall investigation!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kelddorr; May 16, 2011 at 10:11pm.

i don't know about the rest of you, but this is news to me, first time i saw that space in some other figure's shorts.

Thank you for sharing kelddorr. So it seems that is not an unique feature uh? Anyone else has a skeletor like this?

nope not as unique as some might think, weird stuff tho!

Heroic Warrior skeletorinzecloset's Avatar
    I m sorry i did not read all the pages but i need an advice. Here in france one guy sells me one for 35 euros shipped. Written 1981 mattel france has the zodac stuff. I take it?
    Thanx to all
    Last edited by skeletorinzecloset; June 3, 2011 at 09:28am. Reason: Mistake

that's very scarce on information, you need to tell us more and show pictures if possible