Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2454

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayskull View Post
    Attachment 87837this is on eBay now. Notice the hair!
    NICE ! i think its an un licensed bootleg type of toy tho

what is that? a belt?

Yeah it's a belt. And I think it said it was a bootleg, Mexico I think. So what if all the savage he-mans are just Mexican bootlegs??!?
    "Were does he get those wonderful toys.....Oh, eBay!

Yeah it's a belt. And I think it said it was a bootleg, Mexico I think. So what if all the savage he-mans are just Mexican bootlegs??!?
    They can't be, because the way how eyes and eyebrows are painted in Savage He-Man is the same as earlier releases of Taiwan He-Man figures, the belt-loincloth gap is also from one of the molds which was used in Taiwan, the type and color of plastic and rubber is the same as on the other Taiwan figures...
    The mark "Taiwan 1981" on the back could be remolded on some bootleg, but all previous details I mentioned can't be expected to be present out of that factory.

Heroic Warrior
    Opinions on eBay item 141087728155

Real? Fake?

Slight neck lift
    Hair color does not match furry pants
    Space beneath the belt
    Boot paint over calf

I say legit
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Gracias, senior. Much appreciated.

I had one that i sent to a guy to see if it was real, i posted images here, i never saw it again but did see one that looks just like the one i sent the guy on his tv show
    Last edited by WhiskeyGold; November 6, 2013 at 03:39pm.
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

Weird. My parents got me everything when I was a kid and I don't remember ever having this.

An eBay seller is announcing a sealed WB He-Man and another one in a small lot...do you think both figures are real ?

I thought the sealed figure comes with the promo add inside the original beg...

Do you think the black panther belongs to Big Jim or Tarzan toyline ?

I never knew anyone when I was a kid who had one. I've been searching flea markets ever since I was a kid and never ran into one. It there anytime line when the first discovery of this figure was announced?

i recall (vaguely) Reg (from lulu-berlu.com) claiming he found two in a flea market somewhere in the US in 1996. I'm not 100% positive this was the exact year.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    This is something I recall seeing in a magazine "before the internet" I thought a toy magazine around 1994/1995 had the first published mention of "wonder bread He-Man? " it was a small blurb like a Q&A or letter column? It was Lee's or Tomarts?

- - - Updated - - -

...auction number? I'd like to look that up. I doubt it is JUST a coincident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    They can't be, because the way how eyes and eyebrows are painted in Savage He-Man is the same as earlier releases of Taiwan He-Man figures, the belt-loincloth gap is also from one of the molds which was used in Taiwan, the type and color of plastic and rubber is the same as on the other Taiwan figures...
    The mark "Taiwan 1981" on the back could be remolded on some bootleg, but all previous details I mentioned can't be expected to be present out of that factory.
    What if a Taiwanese person stole a factory tooling and migrated to Mexico and mailed the figures to soccer moms in the American mid west circa 1984... but due misfiled paperwork...

Mr. Owl how long can this thread last?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; January 4, 2014 at 11:10pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Mr. Owl how long can this thread last?
    If we get more awesome things like that belt/shield/whatever-that-is, I'd say for a long time!

found this one on ebay for $75 - took the risk it being a fake- once i got it home i realized it was legit- best wonder bread i've ever had- and the cheapest-

FJDJFHD 004.jpgFJDJFHD 004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    found this one on ebay for $75 - took the risk it being a fake- once i got it home i realized it was legit- best wonder bread i've ever had- and the cheapest-

FJDJFHD 004.jpgFJDJFHD 004.jpg

Nice score! I hope one day I can find one for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Liber skull View Post
    I never knew anyone when I was a kid who had one. I've been searching flea markets ever since I was a kid and never ran into one. It there anytime line when the first discovery of this figure was announced?
    Tomart's Action Figure Digest ca. 1995 or 96.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Court Magician
    If Savage He-man is real, I believe I may have one. I have compared all of mine and found similarities in the ones I know are fake and a couple of strong differences in the one that is more likely to be the real thing.

RealvsFake_Savage2.jpg
    The face is a darker tone in the ones that I know are custom or fakes. The boots should have spray marks along the leg area unlike a custom that is more perfect along that edge.
    RealvsFake_Savage1.jpg
    There's also this little notch out of the shorts. The fakes don't have this.

Quote Originally Posted by goneinsane View Post
    If Savage He-man is real, I believe I may have one. I have compared all of mine and found similarities in the ones I know are fake and a couple of strong differences in the one that is more likely to be the real thing.

RealvsFake_Savage2.jpg
    The face is a darker tone in the ones that I know are custom or fakes. The boots should have spray marks along the leg area unlike a custom that is more perfect along that edge.
    RealvsFake_Savage1.jpg
    There's also this little notch out of the shorts. The fakes don't have this.
    They both are so obviously fake.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    They both are so obviously fake.
    Please explain.

Please explain.
    One reason, I think, is because the hair isn't supposed to match the shade of brown on the loincloth.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Please explain.
    Everything is wrong about it.... The hair on both is the wrong color. The right one has the head which was produced in Europe (Spain or France), The left one has the head made in Mexico (or maybe Taiwan, but it seems to pale). But anyway, both torso and loincloths are from the wrong molds (without the gap), which aren't used for Savage He-Man. If you read this thread you will see them. Torso on your both fake figures is from the later mold (even if it is marked Taiwan 1981) unlike torso of Savage He-Man which has the "belly button" as in early releases of He-Man (also marked Taiwan 1981). Torso on both figures was opened and glued back again.

See The "belly button" on the early he-Man figure at this picture. It is also present on the original Savage He-Man figures.

Also the eyes on Savage He-man are painted as in the early Taiwan variants. But that's the fine detail which can be used to check better done fakes than these.

The very first thing to check is the gap between loincloth and torso. If your figure lacks that detail, then don't bother going any further.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    The very first thing to check is the gap between loincloth and torso. If your figure lacks that detail, then don't bother going any further.
    I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I have other figures from that time made in Taiwan that don't have the gap and others that do. Even Mantisaur82's post above shows a 1981 Taiwan 1st release without the gap. How much are we actually relying on a small gap? How many reals have been discredited as a fake based on one Savage He-Man having a gap? The belly button seems like a better observation.

All genuine Savage He-Men have the gap. As far as I know every SHM without the gap has turned out to be a fake.