Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 2460

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

  1. #276
    teela's underwear
    Guest
    LOOK PEOPLE!!!!!! Really I dont know if its real or fake , I dont Care, So dont get your panties in a knot, I am just here to talk HE-MAN and Have Good clean FUN!!!!! Note the FUN part, So relax, Take your Ritilin, and have a beer. ITS STILL JUST A PIECE OF PLASTIC!!!

    ps Tommorow I will Enrage people about how much I think she-ra sucked....... Kidding.....

  2. #277
    teela's underwear
    Guest
    AND CARLO, I missed you too , I thought of you every night, I even blew up that picture of you without your shirt on and put it over my bed. lol

  3. #278
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Well, Teela's it's just the point that you came in here and acted like a d*ck that I didn't like. We don't wanna start a war over it we wanna discuss it not fight about it
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  4. #279
    teela's underwear
    Guest
    If you really read the post It was not meant to stir up A hate war it was just a joke about how silly people are for fighting about a Toy I collect he-man too and i have a very large and expensive collection, But they are still plastic toys, In a heart beat I would get rid of it all, for things like my wife, family, or friends, these things Have real value and are things to fight over if threatened, Not toys, Yes these toys can bring us joy,and they are a great thing to debate, But just because somebody may disagree with you about, wonderbread He-Man is no reason to hate him, { this is still a forum to debate issues } But if some of you out there want to insult, Put down, Degrade, or harrass a person, Just because you dont agree with him or her maybe you should leave and grow up a bit, In the end Evil Begets Evil, maybe we should all think about that next time we open our mouths.

  5. #280
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    Originally posted by teela's underwear
    If you really read the post It was not meant to stir up A hate war it was just a joke about how silly people are for fighting about a Toy I collect he-man too and i have a very large and expensive collection, But they are still plastic toys, In a heart beat I would get rid of it all, for things like my wife, family, or friends, these things Have real value and are things to fight over if threatened, Not toys, Yes these toys can bring us joy,and they are a great thing to debate, But just because somebody may disagree with you about, wonderbread He-Man is no reason to hate him, { this is still a forum to debate issues } But if some of you out there want to insult, Put down, Degrade, or harrass a person, Just because you dont agree with him or her maybe you should leave and grow up a bit, In the end Evil Begets Evil, maybe we should all think about that next time we open our mouths.
    wow, from caps locked before to this e-mail, i'm impressed! did not know you had a soft side too!

  6. #281
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    Originally posted by teela's underwear
    AND CARLO, I missed you too , I thought of you every night, I even blew up that picture of you without your shirt on and put it over my bed. lol


  7. #282
    Heroic Warrior Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    627
    YOU CAN SOLVE THE WONDERBREAD HE-MAN MYSTERY

    Hi Everyone,
    I have been working on solving this mystery for a while now and I believe I am very close. But I'm going to need your help. I have talked to several Barbie collectors and have discovered that the Barbie item mattel gave away for girls is a "Barbie Best Buy Fashion" this is also confirmed by the insert in the WB He-man that the Fowlers sent me.
    Go to this site http://barbiefanatic.bobsville.com/nrfb.htm
    and go to the section :

    MOC Barbie Fashions
    1980 -1981

    As you can see there are about 4 items that it could be.

    But just today I got an email from the owner of this site and here is her reply.
    ____________
    Hi,
    There is a great book published about Barbie Fashions written by Sarah Sink Ames (or Emes). The one you would need is Volume II, which is Fashions from the mid-late 70's through the 90's. It should have all promotional items and the company Mattel partnered with to do the mail away offer. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of this book. I have Volume I. Good luck,
    Donna
    _________________

    So if anyone here can locate this book the mystery is solved. I'm trying to find it myself. But I figure the more people we have looking for this book the sooner the mystery gets solved.

    Steve

  8. #283
    Fry-man22
    Guest
    Hell yeah Steve! I'm glad to see a post today that's actually about the WB mystery when I clicked back over here! Sounds like you've really been doing the home work (even walked down the pink aisle from the sound of it ) Did that chick act like this book was sold on eBay like a collectable, or is it just some catelog of Barbie pics?

  9. #284
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Very valuable info Gilgamesh. I will look for that book my aunt or my grandmother my have it they are huge Barbie collectors so I'll check with them.
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  10. #285
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    YOU CAN SOLVE THE WONDERBREAD HE-MAN MYSTERY

    Hi Everyone,
    I have been working on solving this mystery for a while now and I believe I am very close. But I'm going to need your help. I have talked to several Barbie collectors and have discovered that the Barbie item mattel gave away for girls is a "Barbie Best Buy Fashion" this is also confirmed by the insert in the WB He-man that the Fowlers sent me.
    Go to this site http://barbiefanatic.bobsville.com/nrfb.htm
    and go to the section :

    MOC Barbie Fashions
    1980 -1981

    As you can see there are about 4 items that it could be.

    But just today I got an email from the owner of this site and here is her reply.
    ____________
    Hi,
    There is a great book published about Barbie Fashions written by Sarah Sink Ames (or Emes). The one you would need is Volume II, which is Fashions from the mid-late 70's through the 90's. It should have all promotional items and the company Mattel partnered with to do the mail away offer. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of this book. I have Volume I. Good luck,
    Donna
    _________________

    So if anyone here can locate this book the mystery is solved. I'm trying to find it myself. But I figure the more people we have looking for this book the sooner the mystery gets solved.

    Steve
    so is the book volume II, but what is it called? i know a barbie collector here in LA, I bought 4 mattel catalogs from him and when i checked out his place. His whole HOME was FILLED with barbie's stuff books, catalogs, dolls, from the 60's to now. what's the name of the book i should be looking for?

    carlo

  11. #286
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Yeah man you didn't mention the name of the book
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  12. #287
    Heroic Warrior Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    627
    I just searched on amazon.com and the authors name is Sarah Sink Eames and the name of the book is BARBIE FASHION.

    If we could find out Sarah's email that would be even better.

  13. #288
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    ok I will ask my aunt and Grandmother about the book and see if they have it or have heard of it
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  14. #289
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    I just searched on amazon.com and the authors name is Sarah Sink Eames and the name of the book is BARBIE FASHION.

    If we could find out Sarah's email that would be even better.
    look, we are getting closer and closer..i found this on ebay Now..

    it has her name, but the book is till the mid 70's! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0&category=250

  15. #290
    Fry-man22
    Guest
    The listing says II in the series. Wonder if ol' girl might just have had the volume # wrong and there's more? Do we know how many are in the series? Why don't you just buy it and tell us what it says Carlo?
    Last edited by Fry-man22; May 29, 2003 at 07:43pm.

  16. #291
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,455
    Originally posted by Fry-man22
    The listing says II in the series. Wonder if ol' girl might just have had the volume # wrong and there's more? Do we know how many are in the series? Why don't you just buy it and tell us what it says Carlo?
    well if it had some he-man pics in it, i would. other than that don't need it.

  17. #292
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Yeah no sence in getting it if it doesn't have He-Man pics in it
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  18. #293
    Fry-man22
    Guest
    Yeah no sence in getting it if it doesn't have He-Man pics in it



    Boy there's no kidding with you about this, huh Rammy ? I wouldn't want it either

  19. #294
    Heroic Warrior Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    627
    It appears that volume II of Barbie Fashion only goes through 1974. But on amazon.com they have a third Fashions book coming out in November of 2003, hopefully this one will have the information I'm looking for.

    But if anyone can get her email address we could ask her directly and I could send her the scans of the insert.

  20. #295
    teela's underwear
    Guest
    Originally posted by carlo
    wow, from caps locked before to this e-mail, i'm impressed! did not know you had a soft side too!

    I LIKE CHEESE!!!!!!!!!

  21. #296
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,054
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    It appears that volume II of Barbie Fashion only goes through 1974. But on amazon.com they have a third Fashions book coming out in November of 2003, hopefully this one will have the information I'm looking for.

    But if anyone can get her email address we could ask her directly and I could send her the scans of the insert.
    What does proving what Barbie figure the thing was offered for have to do with anything?

  22. #297
    Living in Laker Village Uncle Dorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Allendale, MI
    Posts
    4,819
    I belive that the insert that the WB He-Man was offered on would be found there.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Dr. Richard Dawkins

  23. #298
    Heroic Warrior Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    627
    Originally posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    What does proving what Barbie figure the thing was offered for have to do with anything?
    The mail away offer for the WB he-man was made for both boys and girls. The boys would get WB he-man and the girls would get a barbie fashions item. There are a handful of Barbie collectors that specialize in Barbie Fashion items and they might know which other company mattel teamed up with to offer the wb he-man figure/barbie fashion item. By knowing which company mattel teamed up with we will learn where WB he-man came from, we would know if it came from Wonderbread, Sun Bread, K B Toys, or some other company.
    Last edited by Gilgamesh; May 30, 2003 at 12:54pm.

  24. #299
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    Yeah my Grandmother and Aunt both had those books and I didn't see anything in there about the promotion. I guess we'll just have to wait till volume III comes out
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  25. #300
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,054
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    The mail away offer for the WB he-man was made for both boys and girls. The boys would get WB he-man and the girls would get a barbie fashions item. There are a handful of Barbie collectors that specialize in Barbie Fashion items and they might know which other company mattel teamed up with to offer the wb he-man figure/barbie fashion item. By knowing which company mattel teamed up with we will learn where WB he-man came from, we would know if it came from Wonderbread, Sun Bread, K B Toys, or some other company.
    right, right, i knew that, i uh, just wanted to know that you knew that...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •