Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Any more news on the Barbie fashions book?
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Originally posted by Ram_Man_21
    Any more news on the Barbie fashions book?
    nada!!!

Nope, nothing new. I also haven't had much time lately to look either.

Unfortunatly I haven't heard anything new either I'll keep checking with my Grandmother

I FOUND IT I FOUND IT, YESSS!!!

HEY GUYS I FOUND I FOUND IT I FOUND, YESSS!

I REALLY FOUND IT, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I FOUND IT... ,

THIS IS UNREAL, FINALLY! WOW!

wait, what the hell did i find anyway?

just kidding, i'm bored at work, just killing time!!

Good one Carlo You almost had me fooled for a sec

teela's underwear
    WAIT WAIT I FOUND IT!!!!!

I HAVE IT!!!!!
    FINALLY THE ANSWER WE HAVE BEEN SEEKING!!!!!

Damn its just a playboy........... OOOOOOOO girls of canada WOO!!! HOO!!!

Ha Ha very funny

hey it's FRIDAY!!! partieeeeee! oh, what about wonderbread?,,,ah who cares now, it's FRIDAYYYYYYY!

later my friends!

carlo

Yeah Fridays rule they're the day before my drinking night

I hope this thread doesn't become extinct as a result of current interest in "Snake Armor" He-man.

I'm really thinking of creating a webpage to house all the information collected/posted on this thread, just in case this thread does disappear.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I doubt this thread will die there are too many people here that come to this thread to post

Rydgen
    I've been digging this thread for a while. It's been very informative about the Wonder Bread He-Man figure. I've been very curious about it after seeing it on eBay now and then.

By the way, there's one going for a hefty price right now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18989

If anyone's bidding on it and wants me to take this link down, let me know.

I've been thinking of making a custom one myself, for my own display. I also might make one from the new He-Man for sits and grins.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening us all on this interesting figure.

Originally posted by Rydgen
    I've been digging this thread for a while. It's been very informative about the Wonder Bread He-Man figure. I've been very curious about it after seeing it on eBay now and then.

By the way, there's one going for a hefty price right now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18989

If anyone's bidding on it and wants me to take this link down, let me know.

I've been thinking of making a custom one myself, for my own display. I also might make one from the new He-Man for sits and grins.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening us all on this interesting figure.

there's a thread here on the forums about that seller, word is he's a THIEF! or was or still is...his name is LEO from the chicago area. BEWARE!

teela's underwear
    Why is it that most of the people that sell WB he-man are thiefs, or the same seller over and over, Here is my question has anyone bought one of these WB he mans from a lot that some one was selling but had no idea what they had, example a lot of figures with wb with a buy it now for $30 because I have looked at 100s of lots and have not seen one wb he man.

Fry-man22
    Yeah, I've seen one unmarked in a lot. It had a space ship thing and another fig from another toyline the WB and something else. I watched it for about 16 hours till the end it was at like $35 and with 20 seconds left I placed a bid for $150, but the w8_lifter dude put in one for $150+ and ended up with him for $152. Here's the link.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3132487734 but the pics not showing up for me .

teela's underwear
    Originally posted by Fry-man22
    Yeah, I've seen one unmarked in a lot. It had a space ship thing and another fig from another toyline the WB and something else. I watched it for about 16 hours till the end it was at like $35 and with 20 seconds left I placed a bid for $150, but the w8_lifter dude put in one for $150+ and ended up with him for $152. Here's the link.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3132487734 but the pics not showing up for me .
    Great thanks for the story, any more people with stories out there.

Rydgen
    Thanks, carlo. That would explain why there are other weapons with him, since as far as I've read here, he only came with the sword and axe.

I wouldn't place a bid, for certain. I'd rather not chance getting ripped off on something like this.

Yeah ya gotta watch the crooks and swindlers they're everywhere

Heroic Warrior

wonderbread he man figure

I got real lucky with my purchase of the wonderbread he man. I bought this lot of 8 vintage he man figures from this guy. He described the figs to me and one he said was he man with brown hair. I then asked if the fig had brown pants and the black belt and black boots. He said yes. I about had a heart attack. I offered him 40 bucks for all and he sold them to me with their weapons. The rest were pretty common figs. He said he had put them away in a shoebox in the mid 80's and just recently found them and decided to sell them. He had know idea of what he had. The figure is very real. Original factory paint job not a repaint. The figure has mattel Inc 1981 Tawain on the back just like the original release he man. The figure is definitely real. The figure I received is in fantastic shape. Here are the pics next to the original he man. I actually got 5 weapons with him. The other that is not pictured is another maroon colored sheild.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior

wonder bread heman

Here is another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAROON COLORED SHEILD AND GUN???!!! What the heck!!
    Where did those come from? Have we all been wrong about Wonderbread He-man by limiting him to just a maroon ax and sword?

Can anybody explain this, cuz if these two extra weapons also came with some WB He-man then this is yet another amazing revelation/discovery!

The Maroon weapons came from the Man-e-faces variant Man-e-Weapons. Both WB he-man and M-e-W share the same maroon weapons. We are 99% sure that WB he-man just came with the sword and axe. The seller probably had a M-e-W variant and just threw the weapons in with the WB figure since they share the same weapons.
    Last edited by Gilgamesh; June 26, 2003 at 04:39pm.

Whew! Thanks for the info Gilgamesh, I was worried there for a moment.

teela's underwear

Re: wonderbread he man figure

Originally posted by jcb1973
    I got real lucky with my purchase of the wonderbread he man. I bought this lot of 8 vintage he man figures from this guy. He described the figs to me and one he said was he man with brown hair. I then asked if the fig had brown pants and the black belt and black boots. He said yes. I about had a heart attack. I offered him 40 bucks for all and he sold them to me with their weapons. The rest were pretty common figs. He said he had put them away in a shoebox in the mid 80's and just recently found them and decided to sell them. He had know idea of what he had. The figure is very real. Original factory paint job not a repaint. The figure has mattel Inc 1981 Tawain on the back just like the original release he man. The figure is definitely real. The figure I received is in fantastic shape. Here are the pics next to the original he man. I actually got 5 weapons with him. The other that is not pictured is another maroon colored sheild.
    Now these type of stories prove the existance of Wb-heman far more than a bunch of sellers on Ebay selling one every other week.