Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Dude WTF he has a zodak arm
    Are you slanging black flowers to eBay sellers again count?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I bet that one on ebay will go for about $120 in the end. whats your guess?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Originally posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    Are you slanging black flowers to eBay sellers again count?
    My bad???

-=Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS

WOW The one on ebay is up to $103.50 and it still has 4 days left, this thing might go for over $150.00 in the end.

That's just insane, I own 4 Wb He-mans and I have yet to pay over a $100.00 for one and all of mine are in better shape.

I'd hate to think how much that bad boy would be if he was mint.

James here...

Geez, the prototype version of He-Man - I've spent years waiting for this image to come along - That is excellent!

I've seen Trap-Jaw, Teela, Tri-Klops and all of the other first run figures in prototype form, but never He-Man!

As for my take on the whole Wonderbread He-Man; I think there was a time when he was real, but sadly a lot of customs are being made and sold to people who are desperate to buy one...

Take Care...
    Peace from James...

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    The company (I believe the name is) hall of heroes, provided the pics a while back. I know they helped Tomart in the article about all the prototype stuff a lil while back as they did for the super powers one
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

BeatJunkie
    Heres my take on the whole thing, (Just my opinion, I don't want to offend anybody). I personally don't think there is a wonderbread he-man. I think it is all a hoax. I mean, there are numerous people, who suposedly had these toys when they were kids, yet all mysteriously can't remember where they got them from? I don't buy it. There are so many "Wonder Bread He-man" figures out there that if it were a real promotion, someone would remember where they sent the money in to get the figure. I have recieved many mail in promotions when I was a kid, and I can still remember who it came from (Count Chocula, wonder bread, etc.), and I am 27 years old now. I just have a hard time believing that out of all these people, no one remembers the origin, or where they sent away to recieve their "WB He-Man". But hey, anything is possible.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Originally posted by Oceanwalker

Look how much this went for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...774423899&rd=1
    Thats amazing....$300 bones for that.... Looks like I will never own one.

-=Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Found Ram-Man at K-Mart

I found Ram-Man at K-Mart

Yesterday I e-mailed Wonder Bread about the Wonder Bred He-Man. I haven't heard anything yet. I'll let everyone know what I find out as soon as I get something.

Good Luck Ram_Man_21! I've tried to email them several times and they have never answered me. Hopefully they will answer you!

jonditty
    Has anyone ever contacted Mattel to get the answer to this question?

Originally posted by jonditty
    Has anyone ever contacted Mattel to get the answer to this question?
    Yes, JVS3 asked and they have no record of him. If you read the posts in the beginning of this thread it is all explained as best we can. I wrote a paragraph about this in the beginning of the thread. That should explain or confuse people more about the origins.

Why don't they keep records. That seems fairly irresponsible.
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

Originally posted by RedBaron
    Why don't they keep records. That seems fairly irresponsible.
    I figure they would have records too. The reason I believe they know and aren't telling us is because of the conan lawsuit they had and they don't want to get into any further trouble.

or

They just got rid of the papers when the He-man toyline ended. I figure this is probably true too. This reason would explain why when they made the reissues they had to buy original figures from ebay to make the reissues. Also since they didn't have the papers that is why Faker and Trap Jaw were missing some items, they didn't buy them complete and nor did they have the records to know the figures were missing items.

These are just my theories, I'm sure there are 100's of different theories out there just as valid if not more. and since we don't have a spy working at mattel for us, we may never know.

Nilsor II
    I know the Faker Reissue lacked the chest sticker. In fact, the moment I discovered that, my interest in the reissues died. What was the Trap-Jaw lacking?
    Nils

Originally posted by Nilsor II
    I know the Faker Reissue lacked the chest sticker. In fact, the moment I discovered that, my interest in the reissues died. What was the Trap-Jaw lacking?
    Nils
    I believe it was the hook.

Caravaggioman
    I have a wonderbread He-Man! I just painted him myself! He went from being worth about $3, to about $300 with a little PAINT!!! But don't y'all do that too. I want some money for this and you better not saturate the market!

Just kidding.

Originally posted by BeatJunkie
    I mean, there are numerous people, who suposedly had these toys when they were kids, yet all mysteriously can't remember where they got them from? I don't buy it. There are so many "Wonder Bread He-man" figures out there that if it were a real promotion, someone would remember where they sent the money in to get the figure. I have recieved many mail in promotions when I was a kid, and I can still remember who it came from (Count Chocula, wonder bread, etc.), and I am 27 years old now. I just have a hard time believing that out of all these people, no one remembers the origin, or where they sent away to recieve their "WB He-Man". But hey, anything is possible.
    I never thought of it that way. That does sound strange that NOBODY remembers where they got their WB He-man from. I also find it interesting that Mattel said they didn't know anything about it.

WILL THIS MYSTERY EVER BE SOLVED?!!!!
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Originally posted by Rioblast
    WILL THIS MYSTERY EVER BE SOLVED?!!!!
    I agree, will we ever find out WB He-man's origins or will he just be one of the mysteries of He-man history forever?

OK OK...

I had one of these as a kid and after talking to my mother on how I got it she said all that she could remember was...

You had to buy two or three figures and send in the pop/upc to Mattel and you had your choice. so if you were into barbie you sent in the barbie UPC's or hot wheels and so on. there was a postcard/entry form at the store were you could pick up the toys and the card. once you sent it in, you were sent a brown haired he man with maroon axe and maroon short sword.

I know it had nothing to do with WB because like I said I had the figure and my parents never bought wonder bread.
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.

Nilsor II
    I think the best arguement for the figure's existance is the figure itself. Where did this version of the He-Man figure come from? They can't all be stunningly identical repaints. Is a repaint going to leave the detail work on the shorts and covr their original color? The same finish as other MOTU figures? Also, the plastic of the torso is a strange tint not found in other figures.
    The figure is clearly real, the origins are convoluted.

FOWLER BROTHERS -

Could you please, please post your shots of the bagged figure and the little mail-form you have? That would be sweet, as I am sure everyone involved in this discussion would agree.

If only they had come from Sunbeam bread. then I would have three in my attic and all the info I could want.

Nils

Sunbeam? is that the one with the little gilr on the front eating a piece of buttered bread?
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.