Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

DAVID:

Have you ever shown the insert promotion paper in your Bagged WB He-man to a Barbie Collector or any other collector of some of the other toys in that mail away promotion paper? I was thinking maybe they would know more about that promotion paper than anyone else. I figure Barbie stuff is probably better documented since it has been collectable for many years now. So maybe a barbie collector can tell us from what promotion that paper comes from or even if they know about any other promotion in which a he-man/barbie might have been given away in the 1980's.

I always remember Mcdonalds having the promations with Babrie and Hot Wheels but, I never remember Barbie/He-man.

My brother and I have not shown it to anyone. Biggest reason being is that we both are in Germany and our toys are in the States. I sent my entire site to JVS3, so maybe he will find some use for the pics. My brother and I are kinda caught up in current world events, so I would not bet on us doing anything with it anytime soon.

V/R
    Darren

Where do you live in the states ? I'll take good care of your figures while you're away

j/k
    Last edited by Ram_Man_21; October 22, 2002 at 09:54pm.

Last night I was looking on ebay and they had trading cards that Wonderbread released. The ones they had I beleive were He-Man, Teela, M.A.A., Evil-Lynn, and Orko. I forget what the item number was I should have jotted it down.

I'm sure you will. I just hope our nephews don't decide to take of them for us.

Darren

Heroic Warrior Lieutenant Fowler's Avatar
    I guess our collection is unsecure right now. Lord knows mom and dad do not care that much about it nor do they know the amount of money thats been put into it. If they only knew. Hey Darren, since you are about to get married, I'll take it for now. First house gets dibs on it. WYT?

David
    Don't talk stupid!

If you guys can't decide on who takes them I can easily take them off your hands
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Chaos Mage
    Okay, I'm confused.

So, since the picture of WB He-Man still sealed in the bag is completely shirtless, does that mean that any picture of WB He-Man with the black Zodac armor is a fake?

That I'm not sure of. Some people might have just put that on there so he didn't look so nakie or they put it on to make him look not so plain cause I have seen packs of armor and weapons on e-bay that have had the black Zodac armor in it so, I'm not sure if that would mean he's a fake or not. If he is still in the bag and still had that on I would assume that he would be a fake.

I believe that is everyone's perspective on WB "Confused."

Darren

Chaos Mage
    Confusing or not, this is a great topic. WB He-Man sure has a mystique about him, which explains why he sells for hundreds of dollars even in poor condition.

I don't really like him that much, but even I want one now.

I like many people, have just taken some brown paint to a really bad he man and that's my Mail away He Man(I refuse to call him WB anymore, until something is proven!!!)
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.

Yeah I think thgat WB He-Man is gonna be one of Masters of the Universe's greatest mysteries for a long long time. Like many have said, How can so many people have him and not remember where he came from.

Heroic Warrior Lieutenant Fowler's Avatar
    I am sure there is someone who can crack the case on WB he-man. It is weird none of us can recall ever getting him when we were kids but all of a sudden he pops up. Lee has on several occasions posted pics of Mail Away He-man in it magazine. But they too never really have said anything else about it. Now, someone could be really high speed and maybe ask Lee's or Toyfare in a letter on the origion of this figure. Toyfare might just respond to JVS3 and he can shrug his shoulders like the rest of us or we can all continue to stand around this fugure scratching our heads saying "dunno know". Someone take some more initiative than me and write these people. Maybe they have some contacts.

David
    Don't talk stupid!

I think I might pick up a "ToyFare Magazine" and get the address and write to them. Like you said it is strange that none of us can remember having them as kids or where they came from. Personally I never knew anyone that had one and I never had one growing up.

BattleBones
    i think the post a few sections up is the best idea so far. ask around on some barbie sites about the offer. barbie is a huge collectable and most likely most of the people involved in collecting barbie at the time this offer came up were of the age to remember what ,why,where and how. honestly i don't remember everything from when i was younger so might be the same for most. anybody know of a barbie website that is like the mecca of barbie like this is to he man or yojoe.com is to gi joe? post it and let's start asking!!!!

alucard has hit it right on the head. Wonder Bread had nothing to do w/the offer. You just had to send in a few UPCs, and you got the He-Man figure in a baggie with the maroon axe & sword. Still have mine, minus the weapons...

They're all fakes. All of them. Flame me all you want, but they are.

laters
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

Nilsor II
    That is a ridiculous statement. Flame me if you want, but it is.

Originally posted by Nilsor II
    That is a ridiculous statement. Flame me if you want, but it is.
    Dude, come on don't copy what I just said. It's just sad.

laters
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

i have ten wonderbreads, oh wait, sorry that's actually my BREAD!!!
    Last edited by carlo; April 7, 2003 at 08:24pm.

Chaos Mage
    I have a couple of questions for everyone:

# 1 - If you do NOT own this exclusive and rare He-Man figure, how much would you be willing to spend to get him?

# 2 - If you DO own this mail-away He-Man, how much did you spend for him?

I am just trying to determine what everyone feels a figure like this is worth. The one on ebay right now is already over 100.00 and there are still a couple of days left before the auction ends.

Personally, I would LOVE to add this figure to my collection, but it seems like it will always be too expensive for me.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd pay $50 max. So it looks like I'll never get one. Its just a loose He-Man with darker colors.

`,,`,,`
    -=Evil Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Originally posted by Count Marzo
    Its just a loose He-Man with darker colors.

Exactly. that's why I'd spend the few dollars it'll take me to create one from one of my extra vintage He-Man figures. Of course Marzo, in his evilness, would try to pass his off as genuine. He just wouldn't be able to help himself!