Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2450

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Why I remember the price was King Randor ???
    i dont understand your phrase, please explain, what's king randor doing in that answer?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's almost like on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, when her sister Dawn suddenly appeared when she didn't have a sister the previous seasons. A magical spell was done to alter everyone's memories as if she was always there, and to remember her coming home from the hospital when she was born, etc.

It seems like WB He-Man is a similar case, only our memories were never altered to know where exactly he came from, but only to believe that he was always around somehow.
    Or everyone was simply made to forget where he came from!!

I find it strange that many people just have it yet don't remember anything about it.

Maybe a really good customizer just had a bunch of spare He-Mans and decided to play a joke and ebayed a bunch of figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
    Or everyone was simply made to forget where he came from!!

I find it strange that many people just have it yet don't remember anything about it.

Maybe a really good customizer just had a bunch of spare He-Mans and decided to play a joke and ebayed a bunch of figures.

Nope. I answered a classified ad in the local paper for a whole set of figures that belonged to the person's kids. They were moving and trying to sell all the old junk in their house. The WB He-Man was included with that stuff which hadn't seen the light of day in 20 years. I didn't want to ask too many questions, since I was paying $160 for the entire lot, which included about 80 figures, nearly all the castles and vehicles, and a bag full of weapons....and the WB He-Man, which was just in a box with the other figures.

sorry..wrong word! I have feeling that when you bought 2 or 3 figures you got King Randor.. NOT dark haired He-Man variant. Unfortunately I don't have that advertise
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    In here on Finland you got that figure when you bought 2 or 3 He-man figures.
    I never saw this figure although there were heck of a lot of guys with MotU-figures. Never even heard of it back then. I have a hard time believing this. Maybe you could throw in the name of the chains that had this campaign..

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    So many people aparently have one, but have no recollection or memory of how they obtained it.
    That's what I find the most bizarre!

It's turned up so many times on eBay over the years, and yet the original owners don't seem to remember anything.

i think it was packed with "forget-all-dust".....
    i think this was kind of a bootleg thing back in the days, and noone thought is was verry special, since it looks crap (yes it does)..
    and so every one forgat...

although i still doubt this figure beeing real... because i remeber ever single toy i got for birthdays and such and i can tell your were any box of lego i have came from...
    so i kinda think it's funny that no one knows..... maybe that someone in the orient is making them and hiding them just to nagg us
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

I could be a bootleg of some sort, but I doubt that. I remember the quality of the figure being on par with the other figures... but that was over 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I could be a bootleg of some sort, but I doubt that. I remember the quality of the figure being on par with the other figures... but that was over 20 years ago.
    you actualy remember having one in hands 20years ago? now that's cool.

I have a similar case with a ironman gi joe that apparently no one knows about, why am i sure it wasnt the secret wars version? because i had both and the gi joe was smaller and totaly gi joe like. Probably a KO like superman gi joe, i wish i could find the figure to prove the world wrong about that figure

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post

I have a similar case with a ironman gi joe that apparently no one knows about, why am i sure it wasnt the secret wars version? because i had both and the gi joe was smaller and totaly gi joe like. Probably a KO like superman gi joe, i wish i could find the figure to prove the world wrong about that figure

ironman??? thats awesome.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Yeah the kid down the block had one, I thought it was awesome and like I said in another post he didn't remember where it came from.

i was just thinking, the WB he-man cannot be a promo (in a way), i don't think anyone who actually had the figure would forget collecting cupons or mailing stuff to receive this figure, even if the parents did that for the kids, they would not forget that they had done all the work to get the figure, for example, my mother bought me some transformers from brazil, i know she looked for the in there and when she looked at my tfs collection nowadays (for the first time) the first thing my mother said was "i remember i bought you this figures from brazil" * described the figure * Well, she did not recognize any of the many i got here in portugal, but did describe the brazil one and i don't even have it!

So if WB was special in some sort of way, there HAD to be people remembering exactly the same stuff, where it came from or how to get it.

On the other hand, this could have been a promotion that never happened, so all the bagged stuff was opened and sold to cheap dollars stores? the thing is, i can't imagine mattel doing this, besides, there was only 1 figure found bagged.

Another thing is the quality of the figure, too good to be a KO.

Is there a chance these were store demos, maybe before the line came out to bring interest up, Mattel sent out these figures to stores as demos.

Then after more market research they decided to change the hair to blond.

(I have no clue, never had one, never knew any one who had one.)

i think WB He-Man comes from outer space

seriously, good point arkangel.
    i highly doubt as well that people (the today collectors or their parents) would forget having had to collect all the coupons to receive the freebie toy.
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

hmmm just recalled something after watching this pic:

could wb he-man ever been an early or late mail in of JC pennie's ? In fact, how did you get these?

hmmm just recalled something after watching this pic:

could wb he-man ever been an early or late mail in of JC pennie's ? In fact, how did you get these?

wow, i never seen that 2 pack.. faker and man-e together? never seen jc penny packs of evil vs. herioc sets before
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I think the Men in Black must have flashy-thinged all the WB He-man owners.

Heroic Warrior
    The WB HM IS authentic....I remember clearly visiting a boy around 1984-85 , he had it & it was definitely factory sprayed (don't know his name anymore....not a close friend of his and I was just a little kid , I was puzzled by this oddity figure as no one else I knew had it)

I do believe he had the maroon weapons as well but that doesn't mean he got em with Wondy , though he very well might have.

I never actually saw it again until a few yrs ago and got the deja vu feeling.....
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

hes a real figure that was a mail away. im telling ya, i remember my mother and grandmother saving upc's from wonder bread. thats the only thing that sounds right,. I have a wonder bread store by my old house and remember going there so I could mail away for something. back then every company had mail aways.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I don't want to poo on your story, but citing childhood memories as fact is not a wise thing to do.
    Many times, our childhood memories are inaccurate, and sometimes just plain incorrect.

For this figure, we need to discover proof.

If it was a mail-away figure, I'm surprised not one person thought to keep the original box that it was shipped in. (Unless someone did and it just hasn't appeared yet)

I mean, I've seen original packaging even on some of the rarest of the rare. And nobody has this for an 80s item???

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    For The Love Of Eternia This Figure Didn't Come From Wonderbread!!!!

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    If it was a mail-away figure, I'm surprised not one person thought to keep the original box that it was shipped in. (Unless someone did and it just hasn't appeared yet)

I mean, I've seen original packaging even on some of the rarest of the rare. And nobody has this for an 80s item???
    yeah, if you think of it, the 80's are not that far away yet, and they werent that far away about 10 years ago when this figure was first found (10 years i think). I've had some ultra rare mail away figures (not motu) and even those were found in original package sealed, only seen it once in years though, but anyway, everyone knows about that figure because it is was a special prize of a certain collection that you could win by randomly buying ice-creams, just a note, these things are from the 60's ...

i think, that the only thing that keeps me undecided about its authenticity or not are the colours, i think that if it is the real deal, than it will look like this:

(cant find the pic right now, but will edit asap!!) sorry

The hair is not as brown as the pants, the pants are cast in brown, the black is not too shinny (typical of motu) I think the one below is a fake_

Every now and then I still think about the answer that Gilgamesh got from CPI about this figure. If ToyGuru is not able to find out ANYTHING from Mattel even with his inside connections, it might not be a bad idea to bug CPI again about the figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Hi everyone,

I asked CPI at conan.com about WB he-man and here is their reply.

Theo Berquist of Conan Properties Inc. has provided me with answers to your most recent questions.

Hi CPI,
    My question involves the Conan/Masters of the Universe connection. As many people on this forum know I'm both a Conan and Masters of the Universe fan. It has been stated many times that Mattel was going to make figures for the Conan series back in the early 1980's but that the deal didn't workout and instead Mattel made He-man. There was even a lawsuit. http://www.robert-e-howard.org/AnotherThought2.html

I have two questions:

1) It is said that CPI was given all the figures that Mattel made of Conan. I was wondering if CPI still has these figures and can you post some pictures?

Theo/ We do not have them

2) There is a very rare He-man figure which no one knows where it came from and it looks exactly like Conan. Is this figure the original Conan figure from Mattel? http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...?postid=953844

Theo/ I’m not sure but I think it is the original Conan figure.

From the second question I asked, it appears that wb he-man is CONAN.

Thread:
    http://www.conan.com/invboard/index....f=1&t=41&st=75

If it's supposed to be a Conan figure, can you guys think of any logical explanation as to why there doesn't seems to be any packaging / how it ended up in childhood collections?