Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2450

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Just a custom? That makes me feel so much better for passing one up in a flea-market in Oulu, Finland back in about 1995, when I had no idea a Wonder Bread He-Man was even being discussed somewhere.
    My feeling is that it is NOT a custom. There are too many of them out there and I've heard too many stories of people acquiring them as kids in the 80s or people finding them cheap at flea markets.

If you all are theorizing that the particular bagged figure the Fowler's bought is a custom, I'm pretty sure everything on it checked out as authentic.
    no repainting, etc.

And for the Savage He-man in general,
    it's a legit figure.
    Plenty of shown up on eBay through the years.

There has been customs, though.
    So buyer beware.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If you all are theorizing that the particular bagged figure the Fowler's bought is a custom, I'm pretty sure everything on it checked out as authentic.
    no repainting, etc.

it's a legit figure.

So buyer beware.
    for the right price i can make a wb just like the fowlers, even the paper can be printed in an old machine to look authentic, the mold would cost me 100€

If money wasnt an issue i would bet with any of you i could make one and get it authenticated by AFA

btw:

http://cgi.ebay.es/HE-MAN-MOTU-ULTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

shorts "cast" in brown, look at those pants and legs, is its not a comm figure? the head is original though...
    Last edited by Arkangel; December 20, 2007 at 03:53am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm gonna go thru my old Detective comics from the 60's and see if theres any ad's for a time machine in it. You know next to the X-ray specs. Maybe they still have some in stock. I'll go back to the early 80's and find out this mystery.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    for the right price i can make a wb just like the fowlers, even the paper can be printed in an old machine to look authentic, the mold would cost me 100€

If money wasnt an issue i would bet with any of you i could make one and get it authenticated by AFA

btw:

http://cgi.ebay.es/HE-MAN-MOTU-ULTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

shorts "cast" in brown, look at those pants and legs, is its not a comm figure? the head is original though...
    you don't need molds to make this figure(and actually to match the color of the original is virtually impossible)...SAVAGE HE-MAN can be READILY kit bashed from existing figures and there really is no reason to pay outrageous prices for a "real" one ever gain...the waist is from either a FISTO or MOSSMAN... the skin from either TRIKLOPS and/or HE-MAN...

Yeah they are really easy to kit bash together. Now with the cell vinyl paints that are more like the orginal mattel paints its even easier. Unfortunatly some unsavory people take advantage. My advice if you want the "orginal" if there is even a "orginal", buy from someone like Josh Van Pelt or another noted collector who will be honest with you.

Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    ...the waist is from either a FISTO or MOSSMAN...
    My Mossman has a yellow belt.
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

The paint is easily stripped and black paint added.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    not that easily, its hard not to damage the plastic, but the thing that really bothers me is the type of black used, it's no shiny and not embossed

Can't wait to see what ToyFare has to say on this subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Me either, Tally!

I won an auction for a small lot of vintage figures a couple of months ago. Savage He-Man or Wonder-bread He-Man was one of the figures in the lot. The mystery of this figure makes it a very exciting part of my collection. I look at it and think to myself where did you come from? Why do you exist? lol

I will be buying this issue of ToyFare the day it is released in Australia.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

yeah,this should definitely be fun...

no repainting, etc.

it's a legit figure.

So buyer beware.
    i would STILL like to see an original SAVAGE HE-MAN go through some real analysis, like spectrometers and stuff testing the paint and plastics and whatnot...JUST to be 100% certain it is real and authentic...though i do tend to lean towards it begina a "real" figure at some point...

latest thought that popped into my head, what if they are a factory "bootleg" run, something the guys in taiwan did for some extra cash on the side...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kylefromdirtnapp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    not that easily, its hard not to damage the plastic,
    indeed, but there ARE ways to take care of the belt situation, including just painting over the original paint without worrying about stripping it...it can and is readily done one of the ways or another...

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Me either, Tally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev-Or View Post
    not to be a wet blanket, but i have my doubts as to whether toyfare will uncover anything we haven't put forth in this thread...i have a feeling their article will just help to fan the flames of the mystery, it is an enduring one and like jack the ripper will be fascinating for those of us that care for years to come...can't blame them for jumping on one of the best mysteries in all of toys and by keeping my hopes low MAYBE i can be pleasantly suprised...

True.
    I doubt anything will surface, other than suspicious claims from people looking to turn a buck.

I guess the only thing we can hope for is some collector, who happened to horde a box of these things, who never came to He-Man.org, and only reads ToyFare.

just "WONDER"-ing

sorry...couldn't resit the pun there..
    so I'm a little late to this thread, but (and admittedly haven't read all 45 pages!!!) I'm just curious.
    has anyone contaced Wonder to see if it's legit?
    have there ever surfaced any order forms or trade ads...or is that part of the mystery...how was this figure packaged/sold?
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Give the conclusions you see, I'm sure you can already figure out the answers to those questions.

For more info, you're gonna have to dig through the thread because that's all here in this thread.
    Lots of great info here.

True.
    I doubt anything will surface, other than suspicious claims from people looking to turn a buck:

I agree - it's going to further add to the hype lol

I BET you any money that a whole bunch of these end up on ebay after that issue comes out (of course they will all be fake)
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I can assure you Wonderbread He-Man is real. Just look at my avatar.
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong."

The Metal Misfit Blog!
    The Metal Excess Blog!
    THE KRYPTONIAN WAY @ Wizard Universe (by yours truly!)

My MOTU Wish List

I never thought that when I started this thread back in '02 that it would be the longest running thread in the history of the message boards. It's an honor to be part of He-man.org History
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Man_21 View Post
    I never thought that when I started this thread back in '02 that it would be the longest running thread in the history of the message boards. It's an honor to be part of He-man.org History
    yeah its cool to start reading this thread and see how lost in time it gets, people graduated, some stopped collecting, some went to the army, and the thread goes on forever

so when did the name change from wonder bread to savage and why?

Just read the thread.
    A better name has been tossed around for a long time, being that this figure wasn't from Wonder Bread.
    Calling it something it's not only perpetuates misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Me either, Tally!

I won an auction for a small lot of vintage figures a couple of months ago. Savage He-Man or Wonder-bread He-Man was one of the figures in the lot. The mystery of this figure makes it a very exciting part of my collection. I look at it and think to myself where did you come from? Why do you exist? lol

I will be buying this issue of ToyFare the day it is released in Australia.
    It's awesome that you own one. And you know what? I personally don't think the figure is a custom. He's shown up too many times in childhood collections spread out in different states, and a lot of folks don't know that he's anything valuable when they list it, so that's why I think that. If all of them really did originate from one customizer, then there would more-than-likely be a preponderance of them in one specific state/location.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    not to be a wet blanket, but i have my doubts as to whether toyfare will uncover anything we haven't put forth in this thread...i have a feeling their article will just help to fan the flames of the mystery, it is an enduring one and like jack the ripper will be fascinating for those of us that care for years to come...can't blame them for jumping on one of the best mysteries in all of toys and by keeping my hopes low MAYBE i can be pleasantly suprised...
    Yep. That's very possible....but...see below...

Quote Originally Posted by Trev-Or View Post
    I'm praying the mystery comes to an end.

Heroic Warrior
    It’s probably a hopeless case to attempt to solve this.

I guess the most outstanding thing about it is how no one remembers anything about it. Even those that have it in their collection. And it should just rest as such.

I personally find that strange. Cause if I pick any action figure I had from the 80s I can more than likely remember SOMETHING about it.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
    It’s probably a hopeless case to attempt to solve this.

I guess the most outstanding thing about it is how no one remembers anything about it. Even those that have it in their collection. And it should just rest as such.

I personally find that strange. Cause if I pick any action figure I had from the 80s I can more than likely remember SOMETHING about it.
    the problem is the first internet "memories" these still continue to plague peoples information now. like the constant reference to wonderbread. it clouds things. this also happen with transformers "blue bluestreak" not everyone is so clear in memory nor completly honest.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/