Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2450

Thread: The mysterious Savage He-Man variant formerly known as "Wonder Bread He-Man"

  1. #1101
    Heroic Warrior Trev-Or's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Just a custom? That makes me feel so much better for passing one up in a flea-market in Oulu, Finland back in about 1995, when I had no idea a Wonder Bread He-Man was even being discussed somewhere.
    My feeling is that it is NOT a custom. There are too many of them out there and I've heard too many stories of people acquiring them as kids in the 80s or people finding them cheap at flea markets.

  2. #1102
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,290
    If you all are theorizing that the particular bagged figure the Fowler's bought is a custom, I'm pretty sure everything on it checked out as authentic.
    no repainting, etc.

    And for the Savage He-man in general,
    it's a legit figure.
    Plenty of shown up on eBay through the years.

    There has been customs, though.
    So buyer beware.

  3. #1103
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If you all are theorizing that the particular bagged figure the Fowler's bought is a custom, I'm pretty sure everything on it checked out as authentic.
    no repainting, etc.

    And for the Savage He-man in general,
    it's a legit figure.
    Plenty of shown up on eBay through the years.

    There has been customs, though.
    So buyer beware.
    for the right price i can make a wb just like the fowlers, even the paper can be printed in an old machine to look authentic, the mold would cost me 100€

    If money wasnt an issue i would bet with any of you i could make one and get it authenticated by AFA

    btw:

    http://cgi.ebay.es/HE-MAN-MOTU-ULTRA...QQcmdZViewItem


    shorts "cast" in brown, look at those pants and legs, is its not a comm figure? the head is original though...
    Last edited by Arkangel; December 20, 2007 at 03:53am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #1104
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    I'm gonna go thru my old Detective comics from the 60's and see if theres any ad's for a time machine in it. You know next to the X-ray specs. Maybe they still have some in stock. I'll go back to the early 80's and find out this mystery.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  5. #1105
    MASTER CASTER skeletoncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    for the right price i can make a wb just like the fowlers, even the paper can be printed in an old machine to look authentic, the mold would cost me 100€

    If money wasnt an issue i would bet with any of you i could make one and get it authenticated by AFA

    btw:

    http://cgi.ebay.es/HE-MAN-MOTU-ULTRA...QQcmdZViewItem


    shorts "cast" in brown, look at those pants and legs, is its not a comm figure? the head is original though...
    you don't need molds to make this figure(and actually to match the color of the original is virtually impossible)...SAVAGE HE-MAN can be READILY kit bashed from existing figures and there really is no reason to pay outrageous prices for a "real" one ever gain...the waist is from either a FISTO or MOSSMAN... the skin from either TRIKLOPS and/or HE-MAN...

  6. #1106
    cow tools chrisbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,230
    Yeah they are really easy to kit bash together. Now with the cell vinyl paints that are more like the orginal mattel paints its even easier. Unfortunatly some unsavory people take advantage. My advice if you want the "orginal" if there is even a "orginal", buy from someone like Josh Van Pelt or another noted collector who will be honest with you.

  7. #1107
    Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowatron
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    ...the waist is from either a FISTO or MOSSMAN...
    My Mossman has a yellow belt.
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

  8. #1108
    cow tools chrisbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,230
    My Mossman has a yellow belt.
    The paint is easily stripped and black paint added.

  9. #1109
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    The paint is easily stripped and black paint added.
    not that easily, its hard not to damage the plastic, but the thing that really bothers me is the type of black used, it's no shiny and not embossed

  10. #1110
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,775
    Can't wait to see what ToyFare has to say on this subject!

  11. #1111
    Heroic Social Worker Fisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can't wait to see what ToyFare has to say on this subject!
    Me either, Tally!

    I won an auction for a small lot of vintage figures a couple of months ago. Savage He-Man or Wonder-bread He-Man was one of the figures in the lot. The mystery of this figure makes it a very exciting part of my collection. I look at it and think to myself where did you come from? Why do you exist? lol

    I will be buying this issue of ToyFare the day it is released in Australia.

    Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

    Long Live 'MOTU'!

  12. #1112
    Heroic Warrior Trev-Or's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can't wait to see what ToyFare has to say on this subject!
    yeah,this should definitely be fun...

  13. #1113
    MASTER CASTER skeletoncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If you all are theorizing that the particular bagged figure the Fowler's bought is a custom, I'm pretty sure everything on it checked out as authentic.
    no repainting, etc.

    And for the Savage He-man in general,
    it's a legit figure.
    Plenty of shown up on eBay through the years.

    There has been customs, though.
    So buyer beware.
    i would STILL like to see an original SAVAGE HE-MAN go through some real analysis, like spectrometers and stuff testing the paint and plastics and whatnot...JUST to be 100% certain it is real and authentic...though i do tend to lean towards it begina a "real" figure at some point...

    latest thought that popped into my head, what if they are a factory "bootleg" run, something the guys in taiwan did for some extra cash on the side...?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kylefromdirtnapp View Post
    My Mossman has a yellow belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    The paint is easily stripped and black paint added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    not that easily, its hard not to damage the plastic,
    indeed, but there ARE ways to take care of the belt situation, including just painting over the original paint without worrying about stripping it...it can and is readily done one of the ways or another...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can't wait to see what ToyFare has to say on this subject!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Me either, Tally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev-Or View Post
    yeah,this should definitely be fun...
    not to be a wet blanket, but i have my doubts as to whether toyfare will uncover anything we haven't put forth in this thread...i have a feeling their article will just help to fan the flames of the mystery, it is an enduring one and like jack the ripper will be fascinating for those of us that care for years to come...can't blame them for jumping on one of the best mysteries in all of toys and by keeping my hopes low MAYBE i can be pleasantly suprised...

  14. #1114
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,290
    True.
    I doubt anything will surface, other than suspicious claims from people looking to turn a buck.

    I guess the only thing we can hope for is some collector, who happened to horde a box of these things, who never came to He-Man.org, and only reads ToyFare.

  15. #1115
    Overlord of Evil stevetor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    515

    just "WONDER"-ing

    sorry...couldn't resit the pun there..
    so I'm a little late to this thread, but (and admittedly haven't read all 45 pages!!!) I'm just curious.
    has anyone contaced Wonder to see if it's legit?
    have there ever surfaced any order forms or trade ads...or is that part of the mystery...how was this figure packaged/sold?
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

    MY .ORG FEEDBACK

    MY EBAY FEEDBACK

    "I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

  16. #1116
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,290
    Give the conclusions you see, I'm sure you can already figure out the answers to those questions.

    For more info, you're gonna have to dig through the thread because that's all here in this thread.
    Lots of great info here.

  17. #1117
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,979
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    True.
    I doubt anything will surface, other than suspicious claims from people looking to turn a buck:

    I agree - it's going to further add to the hype lol

    I BET you any money that a whole bunch of these end up on ebay after that issue comes out (of course they will all be fake)
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  18. #1118
    Court Magician Metal Misfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan, USA, Earth
    Posts
    58
    I can assure you Wonderbread He-Man is real. Just look at my avatar.
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong."

    The Metal Misfit Blog!
    The Metal Excess Blog!
    THE KRYPTONIAN WAY @ Wizard Universe (by yours truly!)

    My MOTU Wish List

  19. #1119
    Heroic Warrior Ram_Man_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lewistown PA
    Posts
    448
    I never thought that when I started this thread back in '02 that it would be the longest running thread in the history of the message boards. It's an honor to be part of He-man.org History
    Who would win in a fight between He-Man and Wonderbread He-Man?

  20. #1120
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Man_21 View Post
    I never thought that when I started this thread back in '02 that it would be the longest running thread in the history of the message boards. It's an honor to be part of He-man.org History
    yeah its cool to start reading this thread and see how lost in time it gets, people graduated, some stopped collecting, some went to the army, and the thread goes on forever

  21. #1121
    Heroic Warrior Man-E-Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,672
    so when did the name change from wonder bread to savage and why?

  22. #1122
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,290
    Just read the thread.
    A better name has been tossed around for a long time, being that this figure wasn't from Wonder Bread.
    Calling it something it's not only perpetuates misinformation.

  23. #1123
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Me either, Tally!

    I won an auction for a small lot of vintage figures a couple of months ago. Savage He-Man or Wonder-bread He-Man was one of the figures in the lot. The mystery of this figure makes it a very exciting part of my collection. I look at it and think to myself where did you come from? Why do you exist? lol

    I will be buying this issue of ToyFare the day it is released in Australia.
    It's awesome that you own one. And you know what? I personally don't think the figure is a custom. He's shown up too many times in childhood collections spread out in different states, and a lot of folks don't know that he's anything valuable when they list it, so that's why I think that. If all of them really did originate from one customizer, then there would more-than-likely be a preponderance of them in one specific state/location.

    Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    not to be a wet blanket, but i have my doubts as to whether toyfare will uncover anything we haven't put forth in this thread...i have a feeling their article will just help to fan the flames of the mystery, it is an enduring one and like jack the ripper will be fascinating for those of us that care for years to come...can't blame them for jumping on one of the best mysteries in all of toys and by keeping my hopes low MAYBE i can be pleasantly suprised...
    Yep. That's very possible....but...see below...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trev-Or View Post
    yeah,this should definitely be fun...
    I'm praying the mystery comes to an end.

  24. #1124
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    830
    It’s probably a hopeless case to attempt to solve this.

    I guess the most outstanding thing about it is how no one remembers anything about it. Even those that have it in their collection. And it should just rest as such.

    I personally find that strange. Cause if I pick any action figure I had from the 80s I can more than likely remember SOMETHING about it.

  25. #1125
    KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
    It’s probably a hopeless case to attempt to solve this.

    I guess the most outstanding thing about it is how no one remembers anything about it. Even those that have it in their collection. And it should just rest as such.

    I personally find that strange. Cause if I pick any action figure I had from the 80s I can more than likely remember SOMETHING about it.
    the problem is the first internet "memories" these still continue to plague peoples information now. like the constant reference to wonderbread. it clouds things. this also happen with transformers "blue bluestreak" not everyone is so clear in memory nor completly honest.

    THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

    http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •